Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Famous Heroes...where are they in SP?

The French general in charge of Champagne's fort at the beginning of the High ages is Henri Cour but I'm not sure if this is a hero or not (he's not that great). Anyone else know?

Palace of the Porphyrogenitus, Constantinople

With regards hero monarchs:

I have had Frederick II (Barbarosa) as emperor when I played the HRE. He even had a custom portrait with a prominent red beard. I think he appeared towards the end of the High period in my game.

Some of my Byzantine Emperors had very familiar names as well but I am not sure whether the were heroes or just a product of random name generation (I have had a Michael Paleologus, but not as Emperor alas).

Default Re: Famous Heroes...where are they in SP?

I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone else googles across it while searching for hidden heroes in M:TW, i've found that poking around in "c:\\Total War\campmap\names" gives most of the information you'll need, Gisbourne is ANY assassin made by the english after 1190; and there are a whole list of other tweakable things you can do to the game.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Who exhumed this post?!

Huzzah, you chose an original way for an entry
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Chief Sniffer Senior Member ichi's Avatar

One of my favorite hero-types is El Cid, I think he starts the game in Valencia and can be bribed (not always tho) giving you a 5-star gen.

ichi
    Stay Calm, Be Alert, Think Clearly, Act Decisively

CoH

The heroes are very tricky, for some will only appear with rebels in certain provinces which a good ruler should never have to worry about rebelling, like Robin Hood in Mercia during the 1300s, William Wallays in Scotland, a real nasty Irishman in Ireland, & so on. Some have some useful traits, but the price of drivin a prvince into rebellion, no easy task for real old provinces, losing a province full of infrastructure, bribing the leader (IF they actually show up, for the years can be tricky) & then rebuilding the damage is just not worth it. You are more than likely to have trained up better generals by then.
    Also, a lot of these heroes are not well done, having skills now representative of their historical impact. For example, El Cid was not a great attacker, he was known for the love he inspired in his troops & the people of Valencia (They wouldn't have tied him to a horse to keep the troops fighting if he wasn't loved), and his near blind obsession with loyalty, even to kings who treated him as little more than the scum on a boot, which is represented almost perfectly by the "fearsome4" trait (+3 loyalty,+6 morale,+10 happiness), but instead, he gets a wimpy "attacker" trait (+ 2 stars, only when attacking). This must be a game balancer ( thye must have meant to give him the fearsome4 at first), but it is a rather silly one. If one wants to balance the game & prevent El Cid becoming the dominant force on the map, make it a King's Ransom + interest to bribe him, or give him merely two stars, for he was not actually a great general in terms of strategy or tactics, his men fought like demons for him, overcoming the odds.
    Now myself, I admit I decided to make three copies of the names file, re-wrote one to be realistic historically, then another which I personally tailored to give me an army of ready made governors (high piety, loyalty, & acumen), super generals to lead armies (high stars, +morale traits, high loyalty), & made an assassin who never fails or dies. The third file, I keep unchanged in my back-ups incase I make a change that causes trouble. I agree I "cheat" in that regard, but who cares, it is only SP. ~)
    Fee Fi Fo Fum, I got in me veins the blood of an Englishman, Welshman, Saxon, Anglo, Scotsman, Picti, Irishman, Norman, and a bloody heathen Viking. No joke!

This idiotic message brought to you by a person with a pure "British" family tree. If it settled on the British Isles, its on my tree tree, except Romans. Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12