Thread: X-Pack online play?

J=Japan
    M=Mongol

can u play

JvsJ

JvsM

MvsM

this is online iam tlaking about vs other players. thx in advance.
    1.so sad too bad bye-bye.

2.With one Tiger you still have a chance for your life, with two Tigers...well...with two you had better start praying...hard. (Quote by TigerWolfHybrid memebr of the Twin Tigers clan...thats me!)

You can play Mongol Invasion J vs M or you can play Sengoku Jidai J vs J. There is a different set of Japansese units available in each case.

MizuYuuki ~~~
    Clan Takiyama ~~~

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Gifted Dilettante Member DragonCat's Avatar

What Puzz3D politely left out is that you cannot play Mongol vs Mongol online. BIG omission imho.

Basically, when you host you can choose either Mongol Invastion or Sengoku Japan.

Sengoku Japan has the normal units PLUS the Kensai, the Battlefield Ninja and the Naginata Cavalry.

Mongol Invasion allows you to play MHC, MLC, Kor Skirmishers, Kor Spearmen, Kor Guards and Thunderbombers. As the Japanese you have no Arq or Muskets- they are replaced by Crossbowmen- and no Kensai or Ninja. Rest is the same if I remember correctly.

Another plus is that you have more than the normal battles, which are now called Last Man Standing. You have Guard the Honjin (think Capture the Flag), King of the Hill, Assasinate the General and Halve your Opponent, all of which are just as they sound. Makes for a lot more variety. We have found King of the Hill to be hugely amusing. I haven't tried the others as yet.

I suggest reading the manual for the rules for each of these. I just read them and now know why I never win King of the Hill! I never realized you needed your general in there to start your claim. After that you need MORE troops than your opponent, so choosing Kensai as I've been doing is truly a BIG mistake LOL.

Good hunts!

------------------
    DragonCat
    "On the prowl . . . ."
    DragonCat
    . . . on the prowl!