Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Next TW Game is Rome : TW

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

sharukin,

well, i may have to backpeddle a bit if what yer saying is true. it could be that that website simply got the name wrong and ARE using screenies from the trailer on the web site. interesting if it's true. it sure does have the look of a TW game.

ah well, chalk up another one to the rumor mill.

and, if you have windvd you simply press the 'p' key to get a screenshot from the dvd and it shld capture the thing to the windvd directory. other dvd player programs have similar functions and you may have to have a fairly recent version of windvd for the capture thing to work. not sure when exactly they added that feature, but it works that way on mine.

K.

Question

Ok i got some screens from the Trailer, thx to kraellin, i seem to have a small brain that i could not see this option earlier.

But next q is how i get the pics here, any advice is welcome, if some1 with a hp need them, mail : srbminx@aol.com i will send them as soon as possible, or at least some of them especially the one with Rome : Total War

m8 i will put them on my clan website
    and have them up as soon as you send me them to ukstormer@hotmail.com
    my site is www.imperial-knights.tk up too you if u want to send them though.
    i will put them up asap once i get them
    Expect The Unexpected.

Go tell the Spartans, Stranger walking by, That here, Obedient to their laws, we lie. - King Xerxes

ermm i got ur screenshot m8 but thats part of an avi clip it looks like have you got them one with a logo and maybe ingame footage??

forund i cant uplaod them on my ftp site so i upload them on geocities
    Expect The Unexpected.

Go tell the Spartans, Stranger walking by, That here, Obedient to their laws, we lie. - King Xerxes

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

that looks like total war to me... hands down. there are far too many sceptics here and people who dont think that CA will ever leave 2d behind... hell they are already using 3d stuff to model thier 2d units.. why not go the next step and just use the 3d model animation.. the tech has been there for ever.. and the units would only need a detail similar to quake I on that smaller scale...

get over it, things could be moving on
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

The flags look very similar.

I saw somebody say it wasn't the TW engine. Well, who says CA cant rebuild the engine?

Here a short list of things mentioned in the preview (sorry for the bad english)

Points the preview tolds us

-its next game of the tw series
    -name is Rome : TW
    -new 3d engine who can handle more than 5000 soldiers at once
    -fights in huge landscapes and even towns
    -soldiers are motion captured polygons not bitmaps like they where in Shogun and medieval
    -factions are Rome, Greek, egypt and Carthago and more (not named)
    -where will be wardogs, chariots and Warelephants
    -where will be kind of subquests mentioned are : Spartakus and the slaverebellion, hannibal and the crossing of the alpes
    -the map is huge parts of europe, northafrika and in the east to persia
    -over 10k battle maps who (supposed by the previewers consists of 200 maps who are modified through the structures u build in the strategy map (castles exc.)
    -trade, diplomacy, army recruitment and structure building in the strategic map
    -assasinations of enemies
    -building of worldwonders such as the pyramids, Colossus, and the colosseum, they will give advantages to ur faction
    -new kind of sieges, use of rams and leaders (screenshot), and siege tunnels under the walls

-Release supposed to be in the 3. Quarter 2003

hope u enjoy..

First off - thanks for the warm welcome Gregoshi

A sub-quest taking Hannibal over the Alps - oh boy I think I have just died and gone to heaven - wait - no - i'm still here - must be all that Christmas booze

Kraellin mentioned that having 5000 troops on screen would be a backwards move, but perhaps they would have to cut back the troop sizes anyway with a new engine coz our comps would not run the game otherwise - just a thought...

Question

As far as i can see the unit size is cut down as u supposed, from a sreenshot in the journal i can see some units marching on a plain
    i cant count one unit precisely cause they are marching in one line side by side but i dont think that one unit has more then 40 soldiers to me it seems more like 20-30

and its a huge variation of units, i can see 6 tw types unit flags, and 5 different roman units

also it seems that every unit has a speciel dressed leader

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

This is not the next Total War. Think about it, CA don't say a thing on their own site, they don't say anything to anyone here, but they go and give all this to a site written in GERMAN when a majority of the gamers playing the game speak English or know how to speak some english. This is certainly not the next Total War guys.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Having now seen Stormer's screenshots of the CA game movie I would say we are definately getting Rome: Total War next. It includes title pages with CA and Activision named so there seems no doubt. It would also seem clear that the original screens on the German website are definatley in-game screens and not movie screens - errrm WOW

look at the screens it is it must
    Expect The Unexpected.

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

i wish those who were sceptical about everything were quiet and content to say that they made a mistake in doubting
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

NagatsukaShumi, just because it is a German site, doesn't invalidate it. IIR, a Finnish site got the jump on MTW.
    This space intentionally left blank

So, where's the promised screenshot ? I'm dying to see it

EDIT : I mean the screenshot with CA logos in it. Stormer, you said you going to upload it to your site ? Me want the link to it .

--Bosdur a.k.a UgliRaichu--

If there's one section of history that's been overplayed to DEATH, its the age of the Romans.

Why not the dark ages or the 16th-18th centuries?
    "I do not deny myself the pleasure of women, Mandrake. However, I do deny them my essence."

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Talking

Merry Christmas Everyone

I had already posted a link to the screenies earlier in the thread here it is again, for those who may not have read this thread from the beginning:

Rome Screenies

About the validity of a so called never heard of German magazine, I have two comments:

1. Just becuase the magazine is not known in America or UK, does not mean that it is unknown. It is known on mainland Europe, where the German language has considerable literary influence.

2. Small magazines and businesses would fight very hard to get scoops like this since that would very much improve their circulation. Sometimes these small businesses do get a BIG break.

We should not discount Gamestar simply becuase WE have not heard of it. Others have heard of it.

Now whether this is the next TW seems to already have been decided by the evidence provided by the starter of this topic.

Happy Holidays All

EDIT: Bosdur you can only see the first screenie enlarged, you have to be a subscriber for the rest.

If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Oh my im going to have to buy a very big pc

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Maybe giljay or co can confirm all of this? Or have pcgamer payed for the first scoop

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

Oh dear...well when will the first RTW website appear?

Work, work, work

Kas
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

IMAGES

All here are some screencaptures courtesy of Scharukin Thank you very much for the screenies. These are very convincing, I'm really at a loss for words, so you all decide for yourself. Enjoy

all i can add now is a short description of the ingame (?i think) screenshots from the journal

1.-biggest picture, walking romans who have the same look like the guys in the video
    -very high deteil but u can see the tw Flags over them so i suggest its ingame
    -different types of soldiers normal legionarii, light auxilarii and others who are to far away to describe probably
    -i can see 6 tw unit flags so i think 6 units, they have only 20-30 soldiers in one unit
    -every unit seem to have a leader
    -they are walking over a high deteiled plain with mountains behind them

2.some fleeing archers with them a guy who looks like a gladiator after them 2 warelephants and 2 units of a other faction with a black halfmoon on white ground
    -behind them some buildings looks like a town without a wall

3.town with wall, on the wall some guys who look like barbarians, behind the wall some cottages and a struckture which looks like a big tent
    -before the wall some romans who attack the wall with leaders, they put their shields over their heads as they climb

all screens look like ingame but the point of view is near to the ground

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

Ok Aggony won this one

The first RTW clan website

Aggony RTW website

Kas
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

Thumbs up

LMAO

Well Done Kas

Oh my...........

Buddha

Theyre definately not ingame, At least i hope not or im going to have to upgrade totally

Buddha

Nah Swoosh this is from the intro movie. Just like we had the intro for MTW.

Spawn of Nyarlathotep Member GeWee's Avatar

Still.. Those screenshots from the german site suggests a game that will be VERY hardware demanding and still only be able to show 5000 men at a time.
    I mean, come on.. Roman armies were sometimes ten times that many and then add the enemy army to that..

hehehe rembe rits still a rumer but still i think is the nest game
    Expect The Unexpected.

stormer neh?

Buddha

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast