Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The King of England

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Interesting point Light.

You could play on as a type of 'What if' for each reign... History unfolding many times over... Ahhhh
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Muneyoshi>> stil sick?
    A Raven in heart, forever

I didn't touch the Livonians. I've still got the game saved where I stopped. I'm going to play it when I've finished my current campaign. Not that I think I'll get anything like the expansion that Alrowan achieved.

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

lol... the livs are actually tough, theyve got a large stack, and i think no-one really cares abou thier armies at all
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

No not still sick, just been a bit busy + lazy when im not busy. Though I did get in a few turns, and I figure I should be dead soon (In my early 60's if im not mistaken)

Anyways, who am I sending this to when im done?

here is some wonderful writing in this thread.
    very nice.

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

How many players are there left ?
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

Muneyoshi, I don't know how to say this delicately and don't take this the wrong way and all, but I think that it is time you passed on ... ... the game to Barocca, I mean.

You've had two weeks and this idea is starting to lose momentum. If you are really busy, just play passive and autoresolve ... kind of reminiscent of the end of I, Claudius where the old Emperor plays Old King Log knowing that King Stork Nero is next in line.

Actually Simon, if the situation persists, you exclusively have the power to skip Muneyoshi. Muneyoshi's monarch is in his early 60's. Can you extrapolate how many turns he has played based on the age of the current king (Henry)when you(Stephen) died? That might give you an idea as to the pace Muneyoshi is playing at. If you still have the saved game file, you can just send it to Barocca.

This should not be interpreted as an attack on Muneyoshi. Being very busy is indeed a very good reason to be doing something other than playing games. If Muneyoshi would indicate that his game is proceeding, the modified coup d'etat I am suggesting becomes unnecessary.

As near as I can tell, the current list of future kings is as follows(based on interest and an actual, listed e-mail to which saved games can be sent):

Muneyoshi (CURRENT???)
    Barocca
    Efram da King
    Keepah

Big King Sanctaphrax and Eddie 0909 indicated they were interested but left no e-mail. The list would be modified if they did so.

P.S: Someone(Cedrik) started a thread titled lets write a story about the ancient times where people are invited to pick up where their predecessor left off and then write your portion of the story (with a successor picking up where you left off) Sound familiar? There are many good writers here (nudging Simon, Alrowan et. al.) who might want to give it a shot.

Im actually done now, I just didnt know who to send it to

Senior Member Senior Member Demon of Light's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

Barocca is next and the e-mail is on the third page, 10 posts down.
    The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.

Thumbs up

Great - sorry to hassle you Muneyoshi. I know there are times when the greenbacks or the beloved have to take absolute priority over gaming. Will you have a chance to write up an account of your reign? I'm keen to know how the war with the Egyptians has gone and whether the Mongols are on the move. Somehow I care much more about this campaign than any I've played solo.

You might have to make a slight adjustment in the lineup as Efram da King is currently in the dog house as far as posting here goes. His ban is only a week if I recall correctly, but his situation is fragile and in his hands.

As for eddie, he indicated he was over there with the Marines and as such has more important things to worry about than being King of England, let alone access to the game.
    This space intentionally left blank

Looks great

If you need a pinch-hitter for someone or a clean-up man for the end game let me know

lomowjg@telus.net
    Ja-mata TosaInu

I'll play. My email is Survivor2k4@aol.com
    Doge Enrico II, Ruler of the United Italia

Barocca or Muneyoshi - has the game being swapped over? Any change of a screenshot and write-up?

San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

Efram da King did volunteer and left his e-mail on this thread. Restrictions on his ability to post would not effect his ability to receive and play the game. Even difficulties posting his reign could be solved if I were to post in his stead after receiving an e-mail from him. The problem arises when one considers whether or not he is still welcome to play by the monarchs that have reigned before him. As it is their game, it would appear to be their call. Here is my tentative solution together with a revised list of monarchs.

Muneyoshi( Unless and until Barocca affirms receipt of the game, Muneyoshi is considered current)

Barocca barocca_x@hotmail.com
    Keepah keepah@hotmail.com
    Efram da King eblack@idx.com.au
    HopAlongBunny lomowjg@telus.net
    Doge Enrico II Survivor2k4@aol.com

The tentative solution is to drop Efram down one slot so as to allow the dust to settle on whatever issues the moderators have with Efram and vice versa. If Efram posts here to protest before Barocca has finished his reign, then it can be assumed that the issues have subsided and that he is free to take the throne. Alternatively, he can e-mail me at albertmaldonado@yahoo.com to protest if he is unable to post. This is only a tentative solution at this point. In the abscence of opposition, it will carry full weight and be followed as stated. Any opposing should let themselves be heard.

The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.

Bump

another thread asking for Muneyoshi, Simon Appleton and Barocca participation is in existance and seeks to move this idea along.

Demon of Light, just to confirm as I said in your related thread, I agree to act as you propose to keep this idea going.

Dr. Appleton,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am happy to see that you are on board (pun intended). I updated the related thread. What needs be said here is that Efram da King is no longer an option. He removed himself via e-mail earlier today.

OK, I've heard from Muneyoshi and he forgot to forward his save game to Barocca and no longer has it. I guess we figure we are coming out of the shower and his reign was just a dream or something.

I've sent the savegame at my King's death to Keepah. If we don't hear from him within a few days, I'll send it to HopAlongBunny. I figure we can be relaxed about skipping non-responsive people so long as we give them the right to take over the reigns when they re-surface. It's just a game and we can be flexible, but Demon of Light is right, we need to build some momentum right now.

Good luck Keepah and hope to hear from you soon

I'm still in.
    Doge Enrico II, Ruler of the United Italia

This is getting complicated. I sent the savegame to Keepah but he has dropped out. He then told me the zipped savegame I sent him had a virus. I've scanned it with an up to date F-prot and Norton anti-virus and it gets a clean bill of health. But I've asked Keepah what his anti-virus was and whether he got an id on the virus, so I'll wait a day or two to hear before approaching the next person on the list, HopAlongBunny.

It sux that people cant respect others. As soon as i got my savegame sent to me i started playing and were done in a few hours...which everyone could have done that.
    A Raven in heart, forever

Must admit the momentum has fallen away abit. A shame really, I thought the idea had legs and would run through to an interesting conclusion. The alternative Medieval history of England was shaping up quite nicely too.

If you want to send me that file Simon I'll look and see if it has a virus.

I'd say the next general on the list who replies wanting the game gets it next, if they agree to play it and pass it along.

Thanks, Chilling, that's a generous offer and I've taken you up on it. Keepah has not got back to me but in addition to my own anti-virus protection, I scanned my entire computer using a web based anti-virus software yesterday and it was clean. I'll wait to hear from Chilling and then contact HopAlongBunny offering him the savegame. Thanks again, Chilling.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Absolutely fascinating thread. I hope it continues.

Demon of Light: my abject apologies for previously offering only token assistance in your registration dilema. I admit that, at the time, real-life circumstances had me swamped. Good to see you're up and running (and virtually running things ) now.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

The file is clean.

Let the game begin.

I should be gtg whenever we get sorted out. Have a final on Tuesday but nothing else that could distract from important stuff
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Greetings all, I am sorry I haven't responded earlier. To much RL going on that keeps me busy. It was hotmail.com itself who said the file had virus, no explanation or anything it just said the file had virus.

So how goes the game? What year is it now?

Take care all

ADVERTISEMENT: Play Everquest the ultimate massive multiplayer online RPG ever created, now more than 500 000 registred players Monthly cost $12.95.
    For more information go to http://www.everquest.com/

( Meself is a Human Paladin who is lvl 55 now on the Antonius Bayle server( Europe server ). Played over one year with him now. It is a huge world to explore and millions of quests, I usually call it foreverquest. The game started 1999 and latest expansion was released one week ago. It has now 5 expansions )

P.S I don't get payed for this advertisemnt I am pretty much addicted to the game. You feel the game eat your life. =) Try it youself =D

Cheaters never win and winners never cheat - KeePah 1996

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast