Thread: How do I setup a trade route?

OK. So I've got a provice producing a nice range of products and resources.
    I build a port.
    I build a shipwright/ shipyard.
    I build some ships.

What now?

Thanks.

Conect the ships by sea zone with a port you want to trade with, this must be a player, rebels, or countrys like Ireland don't seem to work. You must also not be at war with the port(s) your connecting with, and watch out for blockading enemy ships, just one sea region blockade in the line will stop the trade. You can tell if this is working by going to the money screen and I believe it is double clicking on the province that has your mercantile house and port. If the line of ships is good you should see the ports your trading with, what your trading and the amount of money your making. Once you get this going, I suggest using a few ships to connect your other provinces with trade. They can all use the same chain.

Good luck.

But be sure you do all that, you must sing a lovely little sailor song to our ships before you send them out. That will make them feel better about their mission.
    Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again. - Marin County newspaper's TV listing for The Wizard of Oz

Sorry missed this the first time. You need to have a trading post too. This is the building wtih the coin on top. In some provinces you wont have these because there are no goods to trade.

good luck.

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

do u need 1 ship per a sea zone or do u need a line of say 4 from wessex to brittany or what help as im trying to set one up in my game

Edit: i have sphipwright trade post port and some ships so all i need are instructions...

[This message has been edited by LittleGrizzly (edited 09-26-2002).]
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Senior Member Senior Member BlackWatch McKenna's Avatar

HRE / E / E / GA

I have one ship per "sea" from the Baltic down to the coast of Spain.

The English have a few ships floating around out there, too (sharing the "sea" with me).

The things I have picked up from the forum are that you need a:
    -port & trade building; and
    -ship in each "sea" connecting to other faction's ports.

Also, provinces with 2 items to trade make you more Florins.

// Black

// "Did we win?"

So you would need a line, but not all in the same sea zone. One ship per sea zone is good, of course you might want a couple extras here in there for the envitable storm that sinks a link in your chain.

So for example you would want one ship in the English channel, one in the North Sea, one in the little sea between Denmark and Norway and one in the Baltic. With this your say trading center in Wessex should be able to trade with any "player" owned province in these sea zones with a port, example Sweden, Denmark, Saxony, Finland, That is why the Med is always inviting, lots of ports in certain Sea zones, example the one by Tripoli, or Venice.

There are also provinces with three goods, example Flanders, Constinaople and Venice along with some others.

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

found out what was wrong the places i was trying to trade with had no trading posts and when i heard chain i assumed ships had to be like:

wessex]---------[brittany

- being a ship
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Thanks guys.

I managed to get Flanders linked up with some Spanish/ Portugese ports last night and it gave a nice boost to the local economy.

If I upgrade the trading post will it have any significant effect?

Yes, the higher you go the more you make. Not sure of exact percentage per upgrade though.

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

Listed in the TC
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei