View Poll Results: Feedback on Multiplayer after VI release -

Voters
37. This poll is closed
  • MP now totally rocks! No flaws at all!

1 2.70%
  • MP is now much better overall. Balance is better.

9 24.32%
  • MP is now a better experience. Still some imbalances.

11 29.73%
  • MP is roughly the same, balance is as good as before.

5 13.51%
  • MP is roughly the same, some imbalances still remain.

3 8.11%
  • MP is now a worse experience, though balance is better.

3 8.11%
  • MP is now much worse, balance is worse than before.

1 2.70%
  • MP has entered the bottomless abyss of suckage.

4 10.81%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Feedback on Multiplayer after VI release

I hadnt played much 2.0 until today and at 15k all I have to say is:

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm not gonna go into detail but basically people can win trying only half as hard as they should. I lost by flanking, charging a forgotten unit in the rear and taking spears. The gameplay was incredibly boring with the standard ole pav duel. I did a lot of manuevoring and they did none, I still lost.

People frustrated with the 2.0 gameplay should wait for my Competition era mod. It provides the need for tactics and doesnt depend on a certain florin level. You can win by trying to win, not getting lucky...

ps; I hope the guys i played were undercover otherwise it means anyone can get good in a couple of weeks.
    Take off your pants, baby. -Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

disregard my ps...perhaps i should have said... anyone can win vs an experienced player in just a few weeks.

nice conclusion sko and the bad news is, it wont be chanced unless a complete overhaul of ths stats. u progressing with them?

this game needs a good competition mod unless comp games like we play now are becomming a lotery.
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

well Im not exactly "overhauling" the stats, im making completely better ones a so-called competition mod

Maybe you just need more practice Sko, or are you just drumming up support for your STW conversion mod (or comp mod whatever you want to call it)?
    Proud member of the Ravens

I have an X-Box, it's where I keep all my x-girlfriends

So whats being said now is that the 2max rule makes for uncertain contests and that units may be upgraded in unusual ways. The way to bring back 14 unit total era Shogun is via MODDING ways. Lovely. Things should be set in stone, no imperfetct glitches to exploit.

I shall download this mod and install it. I shall use it. Iwont depend on it tho.. no singular use Sko. ITs just too limiting for my taste.
    {RVN}Vandal - Boyar of Clan Raven

Never disturb an enemy when he is making a mistake

Sko when i went to VI some time ago.... I kept loosing games for a period of 2 weeks till i figured out what I had to change. And that was mainly army make up as well as a change of timing rather than stopping to move around

PapaSmurf Senior Member Louis de la Ferte Ste Colombe's Avatar

Some +/- after some times on VI whic make me think that it is a better experience;

+
    Viking era is fun. *big brawl punch in the face*

Early era is much more interesting; no more vanilla crusader order army, I see much more diversity there and many different set up (instead of 4 order foot, 4 order cav everywhere). Byz might still be too strong for other faction to compete with in early... But right now, I see many factions played and many set up. Good.

High; not that different from before. No arb, has IMO made foreplay more interesting in reducing no man zone size and make raiding ennemy line easier. Foreplay is IMO more tense. Many takes Eng... But LB does not feel that overpowered so it may change. If anything, moving arb too late made other archer more interesting, and I see more missile than before now (including more HA).

Late; same as before with more factions.

+ The real good thing is I feel the 4 eras are now much more different than they were in 1.1 which increase the number of interesting situation one face in playing MTW.

- different foyers

- dropping bug / game overall less stable.

Louis the Simurgh,
    [FF] Louis St Simurgh / The Simurgh

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Maybe you just need more practice Sko, or are you just drumming up support for your STW conversion mod (or comp mod whatever you want to call it)?
    Maybe you need to read my post more closely...flanked...charged in the back... btw the armies were almost identical except for me having spears.

I agree that more variety is possible but most of the time it just doesnt happen b.c. ppl who take variety often lose.

The principle of my mod is balance=fun. I hope its not too like shogun except in the balance. There will be muslims and christians. I've nvr played shoggy online either if that comforts you.

so far with my mod there are at least 54022500 different combinations of units to take (more but i dont know how to do the math) and the difference from the regular game is that these armies still provide a chance to win.

Hopefully too the COMP era mod will be released in conjunction with CBR'S MPWARS mod which means you have more options. If you dont like my mod ill be more than happy to play mpwars with you, I support anything good thats not 2.0.

sko, why dont we sacrifice an era , or a faction and use it for the comp-mod so we dont have to statswap or like that.

i suggest we try to pursuave the devs that they include an empty era for tw rome the online community can fill in themselves

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

You dont have to sacrifice an era. As long as you dont change projectile stats you actually dont need to statswap.You can make different stats that is used by a new era that people can download.

The only problem is that changes are most likely needed for projectiles but I guess that depends on what you want.

Not only stats like range, lethality etc are in that file but also the cost reduction for upgrading missiles and that cost reduction hurts balance. And it screws with current unitcosts for both Sko's mod and my mod too.

CBR

cant u balance it with unitsizes?

I actually like unit sizes now, 60 man defensive spears can be too easily avoided. Plus cav's effectiveness on units is about +2 morale compared to normal, so a 40 size sort of balances that out.

btw cbr you may be surprised at the "historical accuracy" my mod will have. hopefully the units will be historically based, but the stats a little different for the sake of balance.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Magyar Khan @ June 01 2003,20:07)]cant u balance it with unitsizes?
    Hm yes and different amount of ammo for units. But still some problems left:

Javelins are still a bit limited and should have higher range....maybe use the new darts instead just with more ammo, they just dont have the same armourpiercing as javelins.. I dont know.

Arquebusiers, yes I know thats just for Italians Wars in my mod. But they really suck and need some improvement.

And you will always have the cost reduction for missile units upgrades. Shortbow units are reduced by 200 florins when you buy an upgrade, if they cost less than 200 you will actually recieve money for each upgrade. And that completely ruins they way I have done unitcosts...buy a few upgrades for the missile units and you have lots of money for melee troops.

And even if we try to play with more normal florin levels so we can use the same projectile stats we will end up having same problems as we have right now: heavily upgraded missile units that doesnt get killed by cav..yes you can make missile units really bad in melee so upgrades doesnt help much..but what if you want units that both can fight and use missile.

As I see it there are no easy solutions. Either you keep using same projectile stats with all the un-balancing that comes with it and some missile weapons being very limited. Or you change the missiles but have to swap stats before you start up MTW.

CBR

Blog Entries

like many other, i cant agree
    u cant balance it about unitsizes. it becomes more and more unbalanced with different unitsizes. we have to many differnent units. and this we never will balance for many different areas or/and florinamounts

like other already mentioned, the best solution would be back to a standart unitsize. 60 men and a few different units, cav with 40 is ok and some other lowmen-units are ok too. but units above 60 makes it not possible to give us a longterm-fun gameplay.

i agree about the javelins but they are not important right now, we have other problems, the player leave especially the oldtimer this shows, there is something wrong.
    times change but so many cant be wrong

we need a standart wich is very easy, so i say....
    back to the roots

koc

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

Koc, ive seen a few old timers in MTW VI a lot.. so i gues they still play, and if they didnt, it doesnt speak for the community, many still play, even greater than before. I love the new era, and i have nothing wrong with unit sizes as they are, every unit has its counter, its a matter of finding it, and you do that by playing, not avoiding it... how do you knw something is bad if you refuse to play?
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910