Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: VI has split community again

Garry Barry sounds like Shaggy Maggy
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

One Time TW Player .. Member baz's Avatar

i was kind of hoping for a bit more support than that Magy
    am i getting this wrong here? is nobody bothered about the subject?

your point deserve the support baz, its just funny to read how they wrote your name

furthermore my energy for tw is limited an i have more things to support, as u know.

another thing is that this subject is brougfht up several times before, i can even remember than in a previous version the online thingy would be improved (forgot teh guys name) , first it was a promise but he needed 3 weeks to do other things, later it was never done at all.

what u want is fair but to be square expect not much from the outcome. we are just peon, i am teh peon khan and ur the kenchi peon, but we are peons.

the best thing to get things done is to buy teh whole goddamn place of Blizzard and order to make one up to their standard.

many different approaches have been tried, and so far the best is mass-moaning at the org. this strategy could be improved if even noone object to the moans. the community will never been able to make one fist. but a good fighter uses fists and feet and more if needed
    Clan Wolves: 10 years in Total War
    visit us at wolves.magyarkhan.org
    and youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ClanWolves
    and watch a Creative Assembly employee struggle in battle....

Well remember the time magy of the first patch in STW(2 more weeks). For me its all thisand this
    The strength of my arms, the power of my soul, the valour of my men... These all belong to the Fear Clan. I'm ready to fight in the name of the clan.
    Shogun 2 on Facebook

Logged on to MTW:VI today, expecting a few folks around so I could get a game going. Not to be, the Vandal was all alone in the big big lobby with no one to play with.

So I figured I'd go back and see if the devs have given somekind of reply regarding their concern for our current situation. Well.. We're sorry, but things stay as they are.

Thats pretty low, in fact its downright shitty.

Before VI was released I encountered no problems at all getting a game of MTW going at any time of the day, and now I was all alone in the lobby. Surely other players on using other versions of MTW, but alas I could not parlay or lament my misfortune. Not even the bloody |OPER| aka ChatSomething was to be seen in the lobby.

This F***** sucks and I feel let down. Talk about getting value for money when purchasing the lovely new VI patch

Edit: To patch the patch is the least u can do for us now CA...

{RVN}Vandal - Boyar of Clan Raven

Never disturb an enemy when he is making a mistake

Blog Entries

all this posts with the same idea

we payed for a "patch" wich the majority dont accept....somehow many still like to play the MTW version.

i understand it this way, that we are once more the 1 or 2% boys and they dont care much about our interests.

face it, this game changed more and more in a way, many of us "oldtimer" dont like.
    so we leave and search fro other games, and luckyly there are much more games. And btw other companies found the multiplayer market and support it. look at blizzard and CO.

they want us buy this game and give us a very small "support", sometimes they use our ideas and the work and ideas of some players....
    in the last 10 months i saw just a few things, wich got better. the most problems are still around and it wont change. the system became very complex but not realy better. we got more units more upgrades more stats and so on.... it sounds nice and any PR-Manager will be happy ....but it was clear from start, this isnt able to balance.

who cares? they not (not much)

i lost interest, like many other before me.... i hope there will be another company with the same gamemecanics....so we can move over...

this will never change...

koc

I totally agree with you Baz and with you Erik, the way the communtiy has been split is a disgrace and imo the communtiy is not that large when compared to other multiplayer games (i.e Cossacks has 100+players on most of the time and all players regardless of version can see each other and chat and this game is nearly 2 years old).
    Splitting the community foyer like this can only be bad news and needs action by C.A who are responsible for the game i bought (check out how UBI Soft care for there games , with there own site and constant updates etc or how microsoft care for there online community over at msn game zone , Age Of Empires is still going stong with 100s of players online and tourneys regularly organised by the zone )

Action Please
    Master of Total Battles The no 1 historical battles site

A proud member of theOOOO

Lightbulb

Well, unless this is fixed, it will be a matter of how many more people go and buy VI. If we complain all the time, potential upgraders might be scared away. The end result will be that the VI lounge is slowly dying out, as everybody goes back to the 1.1.... which would be a sad testament to all involved.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. -Seneca, Epistulae Morales, VIII, 71, 3

i am going to mail the info address once more outlining some facts ..

- it is not possible to see ppl logged on through the gs arcade interface when you are yourself logged on through the games own interface
    -and-
    - it is not possible to see ppl logged on through the games own interface when you are yourself logged on through the gs arcade interface

this effectively means there are 2 completely seperate servers of VI running, that are not connected in anyway and it appears CA have no intention of connecting these let alone connecting MTW servers to VI servers

i am completely serious when i say i will write a detailed letter to "PC GamerUK" and "PC Zone" i will put the name of my clan as a signature on this letter, i hope i can get support from other clans to include them in this petition also.

of course if anyone has an idea that might bring better results i will glad to listen at garrybibson@hotmail.com find me on MSN

of course i will send the petition to CA first to see if they decide to changes there minds

Arrow

Sorry chap, but I think you are overestimating the power of your clan names a bit. Just sign with your name and collect other's signatures as well. The more, the better of an impression it will make on the readers of said magazines and possible on the decision makers at CA/Activison too.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. -Seneca, Epistulae Morales, VIII, 71, 3

at Kenchikuka we have 17 members presently, so all i mean by "my clan" is these 17 names .. of course individual signature would be welcome too ..

if a single person writes into complain thats just one person (who could be anyone) .. if say 5 major clans agree then it represents a wide spread across the community from veteran players.

all will be welcome when the time comes, thnx for your input

Getting the weight of several clans behind this is important, I'm urging all the largest, oldest and most known clans in MTW to get behind this.

In the meantime I'll lobby for the Ravens to back this up. Won't require much effort

Senior Member Senior Member RTKLamorak's Avatar

mmmm didnt kno that. These 2 seperate VI foyers u talk of Baz, even tho you cant see the names of those logged into the "seperate" foyer can u not even see the games that are hosted in the "other" foyer from which you logged in?? if not that truely truely sucks

Since we, (FF thus), consider ourselves a community more than a clan, it should not be difficult to get all of us behind your petition baz. Simply said, this split in the game lobby hurts us, as clan, as TW community as well as hurting the game itself.

Now the question is, do you want support from just our TW members or the whole FF clan. The latter part of us, though they may not have a TW game or play it online regurarly, but they do know the meaning of a community and what can tear it apart. They may sign out of principles and support, eventhough they have not the game.

Well thnx for the support guys, as i said im going to mail CA once more, then if the time comes i will let you all know asap

Lam i will gvet back to you on whether the games can be seen from both foyers .. asap

I checked this today and I really figure that the players logged in thru Gamespy in the VI lobby can't see the players logged in thru the game itself. So we got 2 separate lobbies for VI, and probably the same prob with MTW v1.1

So we're cut up and divided 4 ways it seems. This pisses me off no end, especially in view of the fact that CA does not see fit to fix this for us....

Something really bad with this, as I noticed, was that when I logged on via gamespy, there were almost only new faces and ronins there... while in the lobby where I logged on thru the game we were almost only clanned players. New players might often connect thru gamespy, and so they might be put off by the low number of players etc etc.. this limits recruitment to our community...

This matter is just getting sadder and sadder

Lightbulb

It's bad indeed. I've never logged on through GS arcade.
    In which of the VI lobbies are more players? Maybe, for the time being, the .org MP players and the clans they belong to should just switch to where the most players are, until this gets fixed...

with 1.1 you were able to see players logged in by whatever method see my table on prev page ..

.... and??

That doesn't help much does it? The situation is still horrendously bad

Well, if there'd be a consensus on how to log on, you would see more players in the same lobby, and thus more interaction. Gah.

my point is if they can do it with 1.1, why was it not done with 2.0? and also why is 2.0 not linked to 1.1 at all? you are right it is very bad that why im campaiging

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234