Thread: what do you consider cheezy?

Senior Member Senior Member 1dread1lahll's Avatar

As in mp tactics..... not cheating... legal and all, just cheezy.... Camping?---- On hills, cornner map, edge,.
    The all rush army? All cav in lancer lines? People who change factions after you hit ready? The defender who sets as far foward (and to the side) as he can? (1v1). Many will no doubt argue what they feel is fair or cheezy but lets hear it....

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Cheeseiest way to win is by stacking 16 units in lines 1 man deep, with high armor in front, and just double clicking behind the enemy.
    Hunter_Bachus

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

The cheeziest army is the one who beats me. Which pretty much makes any army you can think of cheezy.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

High valour cannons to kill generals (guilty - only once)
    Rushing in 1v1 (what's the point?)
    My men running away that's the worst cheese of all.
    Proud member of the Ravens

I have an X-Box, it's where I keep all my x-girlfriends

Well one thing that i find cheezy are the late factionchanges that u mention as an example.

I guess sometimes I just press ready to soon but i have now started to ask - are u ready - before i press button but still there are people that show up with factions they had not selected when i pressed ready.

Kind of annoying. Especially when i have picked a superior faction and then they show up with the same one or a better one

Kalle
    Playing computer strategy games of course, history, got a masters degree, outdoor living and nature, reading, movies wining and dining and much much more.

Cool

Well, i don't mind people being cheezy against me, cause it helps me understand what needs fixed or balanced. So really the only thing i find cheezy would be someone being able to use the redzone or bugs to thier advantage, you know things that weren't suppose to be.

Anyway, i don't find rushing cheezy, cause it's part of the game. If you don't wanna be rushed don't deploy up so close. And some people call attacking with entire army or almost an entire army during the middle of the game a rush too, which is silly, since mostly it's pointless to attack little by little.

As for unit selection, the host can always give out restrictions and if someone were to break the rules on purpose, yes that's abit cheezy. They would only be hurting themselevs by doing that, earning a bad reputation, but maybe not since you can make as many names as you want, which i think is silly.

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Arrow

Steppe maps really take the cheeze.
    Recently I had a 1vs1 Viking Era, steppe, arid.
    Now that was, is REALLY cheezy.

Apart from that I don't find anything else cheesy.

If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Arrow

Forgot to mention.
    There is something else, it's faction vs same faction.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Angry

Releasing an add-on that has more bugs than the original

TGI

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (1dread1lahll @ May 23 2003,23:17)]Camping cornner map, edge,
    lancer lines, People who change factions after you hit ready. Byz in 1v1.
    /\
    Abandon all hope.

Senior Member Senior Member 1dread1lahll's Avatar

er... incorrect quote....didnt say byz in 1v1` was cheezy, but if i took a faction ,say based on the opponents fastion, hit 'ready' then come to game time fined the opponent has switched to them......yeah a bit cheezy....

Ive changed my opinions about this quite a bit, and while I expect honourable play in tourneys and such, in normal games I'm working to be able to put up with about anything.
    Take off your pants, baby. -Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Quote[/b] (1dread1lahll @ May 24 2003,08:45)]er... incorrect quote....didnt say byz in 1v1` was cheezy, but if i took a faction ,say based on the opponents fastion, hit 'ready' then come to game time fined the opponent has switched to them......yeah a bit cheezy....
    I added Byz .

But sometimes I just use cheese to defeat Byz...
    amazing how fast byz run when thin lines of cav hit them .

I hate factionchangers too...first they pick Polish, so you pick a fun army ,and then you're facing lancers/Byz...
    Gah
    Abandon all hope.

member of ELITE-FORCE Member BomilkarDate's Avatar

Miths fun armies are cheezy. He calls them fun, but as far as I experienced them in Multi games, on Miths side, they are fun only for the enemy. They are cheezy as even Elmo will have problems routing faster than the "fun" armies.

Nah, don't hit me with your dictionnary, that hurts, stop it, thats no fun thats cheezy .

RUHM und EHRE

ELITEofBomilkar
    When meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run along the road. By passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. When you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you will still get the same soaking. This understanding extends to all things.

Wink

Quote[/b] (BomilkarDate @ May 24 2003,11:21)]Miths fun armies are cheezy. He calls them fun, but as far as I experienced them in Multi games, on Miths side, they are fun only for the enemy. They are cheezy as even Elmo will have problems routing faster than the "fun" armies.

Nah, don't hit me with your dictionnary, that hurts, stop it, thats no fun thats cheezy .

RUHM und EHRE

ELITEofBomilkar
    Funny how they only rout when you're my ally ...
    Abandon all hope.

Victory without mental or physical(i.e. maneuvering) work.
    "Never in physical action had I discovered the chilling satisfaction of words. Never in words had I experienced the hot darkness of action. Somewhere there must be a higher principle which reconciles art and action. That principle, it occurred to me, was death." -Yukio Mishima

Everything Byzantine
    {RVN}Vandal - Boyar of Clan Raven

Never disturb an enemy when he is making a mistake

You should see mo when he uses byz. 4 pavs 4 trebizond 4 varang 4 pronoi.

for me- everything turkish
    Take off your pants, baby. -Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

Hehehe

I've seen plenty variation Byz setups like these, with the Pav/Archer combo, tho most have been cheezier™ due to the inclusion of Barneys.

Its not that I don't like going up against the Byz once in a while, and relatively cheese light setups like the one u suggested are a welcome respite from the usual crap.
    {RVN}Vandal - Boyar of Clan Raven

Never disturb an enemy when he is making a mistake

Sideswipe feature king Member shingenmitch2's Avatar

The only thing I don't tolerate is dishonorable players:

You don't attack allies.
    If rules are set -- you keep with them (if they agree no more than 3-of-a-kind, then no more than 3-of-a-kind.)
    You talk nice to players in-game.
    You don't Esc. from games and ruin for everyone else.
    Using timers without telling peeps.

-----------------
    TACTICS? I think its all good, unless someone is doing something completely out of bounds -- i.e. camping muskets in the red-zone (But I have seen no major bugs like that in MTW-VI)

Everything else -- rushing/ lancer lines/ 16 canons/ foot lines/ camping is all fair and viable... it may not make me happy to lose to it, but how can I bitch if it was there for me to use too -- and is part of the game? Are they Cheesy -- I supose so . but I can no more bitch about someone using single troops lines, or all-cav. than I can about someone using 8 Naptha or all Beserkers.

Retreat? Hell, we're just attacking in a different direction...

THE DEADLY SHINGEN