Thread: 3 Maps

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

ok, below is a link t 3 new maps ive made, enjoy. More should be coming, i have a few left over from MTW yet to be released

MAPS
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

I'm collecting maps for an MP-specific mappack, hopefully these are suitable
    Take off your pants, baby. -Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms

unfortunately, they dont look suitable b.c. combo of extreme hills and water.

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Hmm Thanks Alro, only 3 are you slacking off ?

Just kidding m8, lemme go check em out.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

sko sko sko

we played some of the maps last night, and thy were quite interesting, sure there are some mean hills in them, but no hill gives any advantage whatsoever to the defender, i intentionally made them run nth-sth for that reason, and the bodies of water only enhance the strategic possibilities. On Highlands01 that body of water perfectly separates the center from the rear left, and the large hill is too far forward for the middle to get any help, and he usually gets doubled if they deploy there, im still looking at that map to find a good defenders position even. People need to lean that hills only ad and enhance the strategic possibilities on maps. If all the maps were like the flatinland series, then why bother adding hills and water to the map editor?

hill games are the best assault maps, and ive had many victorie by outmanouver on a large scale, its just a shame the maps provided arent huge, so my intent is to make some huge hill maps that get both sides thinking, yet giving each its own advantages/disadvantages

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Those 3 maps you made. Well i can already see some great battles on them. On one of the maps there is even a flat area on attackers side which defenders can exploit. Hell you could even do a mini Manzikert on that map (cant remember what it's called now). I like em and personally feel they could be great for some very tactical MP games. On one of the maps there is n-s ridge but this is virually useless since no one in their right minds will attack that ridge. However that ridge does make a great route for flanking cavalry to sweep down from.

Bah have to get back to work. What a bore.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

I agree that the maps are fair and could provide interesting games, however in my experience in trying to get ppl to play custom maps, features such as extreme hills and water often turn ppl from wanting to try others. I also tried 1v1's on the maps and they were very...awkward I guess is the best word.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Thanks Alrowan, the maps have been posted at 3D and the mirror.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

Thanks Alrowan, you are an asset to the community
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

I believe this is the right way to go, creating maps which challenge both defender and attacker into manuevering for position, removing some of the too standard 'u attack-we defend' (or vice versa ) style of games.

Now to start hosting these...
    Space Oddity

my favourite style of maps are ones which allow for many different avenues of manouvering and strategy. rather than making a flattish map where no-one can get any advantage, i prefer to make hills, but hills which have to be fought for, or marched to to give any advantage, and for every good defensive spot i make, i destroy it by giving possibilities to assault such a position, in the end the maps that result provide some interesting battles