Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Emperor of Byzantium

OK whos next, the emperor is dead, again victim to the curse of 56 years
    the empire has conquered the holy lands and driven the almohad hordes back into tunisa bringing stavilty to the sacred lands
    churches are being constrycted daily to establish christianity as the true religion once more
    a crises of succession in siciliy saw our imperial armies take sicily as our own and establish ourselves as the richesest empire in the world with our extensivve trade networks
    no many changes hands without enriching our already vast reserves al cash
    this wealth and prosperity saw the holy roman empire lauch a crusade towards constantinople
    our aged king met this magnifenct army in the plains of bulgaria and few were spared as byzantine cavalry danced on the graves of a thousand souls who died in gods name for the empires greed
    we expect their return...

our great leader died a few years later but his army still stands in bulgaria waiting on new leader, one who can turn the riches of byzantine into the most glorious empire the world has seen

All rise for Emperor Neciphorus IV

First to post gets the save and last battle replay

Yoko

Senior Member Hopefull Member MiniKiller's Avatar

me

Now that I FINALLY GOT IT How old is he? How can I post pictures to keep u guys up to date, this is so cool

*Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

whats your emai address?

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

You know I feel sorry for the guy who is on the Throne in the year 1230...

The Golden Horde could prove to be some serious fun

Congrats Mini Killer, glad you finally got the game. Have a good few years conquering
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

jbrvincent@attbi.com

LEts hope his is only about 40 lol.
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

ok ive zipped up and sent you the saved game and a replay of our last battle, where we killed about 1200

enjoy

Thanks got it, but I think my security is to high.

I cant open it it says "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your email" Then the title of the save file. This happened last night to how can I accept this instead of this auto blocking feature? thanks

Try jbrvincent@comcast.net

Dunno why its deleting them onsite.

do you use msn messenger or mIRC?

ok ive sent it again
    if you use msn messenger (it comes with windows XP) i can send it to you via that if thats any help?

ok i resent to both addresses again

I use "outlook express"

Damn it deleted it again, must be some new comcast thing...I'm not happy with comcast at all.

I have aol instat messanger and yahoo instant messenger.

I think I fixed it, lol sorry to bother but try that messege one more time

Ok, Campaign recived I'll get it going tonight after work and my 2 hockey games.

Senior Member Senior Member Demon of Light's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

Mini-killer: Good luck.
    THe_Emperor: I like your write-up. Good job.
    The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.

Thanks DOL.

I was inspired by those I have seen in the Almohad campaign thread.

Still trying to figure this out but I dont think you sent me the right file.

You sent me a file the ended it .rar but the saved game files end in .cpg. I changed the end to .cpg and it appeard ok. I hit load from the load game menu but it never goes.

Did you maybe send me the replay file by mistake? (Hence .rar and no .cpg?)

I'll keep trying.

*edit*

Ya its not loading, it fully loads it then just stops. The file you sent me is .rar and is not the actual save file of the game (.cpg)

.rar files are another format of zip file.

I guess you need to find something like Winrar to open it.

*second edit*

I got it, downloaded winrar and transfered it to my comp with MTW Next post (soon or Sunday morning) Will be my kings inagual address complete with plans, provinces, other nations etc.

I'm only 29 Alright, well I have to decide who to give titles to and stuff. I'll post my "inagural adress" Sunday after work.

You c I'm talking to someone online right now and well SHE is pretty nice

I don't know who thought of these posts, but ever since the first 'King of England' post I have loved these, keep it up guys, very enjoyable to read, im almost to the point of begging for them to be stickied.
    give it a shot....

A few things before I get started. How do I take pictures of the camp and battle map and then how do I post em here? Thanks.

And EZ, I hope I can live up to ur standards

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

hello, i was just stopping by, good job Demon of Light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

San Diego, California, United States of America, North America, Western Hemisphere, Terra, Sol Planetary System, Milky Way Galaxy

Empress_Zoe: The person who started it all was Herodotus. He also managed to play in the Polish game.

MiniKiller: F2 will get you screenshots. Go to the TGA folder in your Medieval folder. That's where you'll find the screenshots. Incidently, can you send a copy of the game to totalwardynasticgames@yahoo.com? Yoko Ono forgot o do that. (I mean the version Yoko gave you BTW)

My fellow Demon: Thank you

The surest way to lose the respect of one's peers is to take a stand on principle...alone.

Ok thanks, I will be writing my first write up soon.

Ummm I can but I kinda already did some things...does that matter?

Well Herodotus is a legend then. And his 'the histories' is also an excellent work.

Now please, guys, get these stories pumping.
    give it a shot....

*clears throat*

Hello fellow members of the house and members of our grand civilization. I am...well I've been told by our Lord not to give my name as of yet, but I am his mere messenger boy. He has granted me the authority to come here and introduce his greatness. He is now preparing his final glorious inagural speech. He hopes it will place you in a state of utter awe. His rein will be the rein that is talked about for years and years after his passing. The speech will begin in approx: 1 hour. After our lord has spoken questions may be asked and if he particularly likes you or the question he may even answer it in person in front of you all today.

Bow down to his greatness

LONG LIVE BYZANTIUM

*steps down from platform and dissapears in the dark shadows*

---------------------------------------------------
    How was that? Opinions?

sorry demon ive mailed the campaign to that email addy now

1180AD

*enters the room*
    *bows to all*

Hello everyone, I am very pleased you could all make it hear today. The year is 1180, I am Emperor Nicephorus the 4th, I am at the age of 29 and I will be your new leader into this world of danager and prosperity.

I have 3 siblings, only 1 of which is passed the age of 16. His name is Prince Constantine and is a 3 star general. He, like myself find it hard to belive in a supreme being and he sets fear in the eyes of all you stare. He is a very intelligent man at the age of 22 and could very well up us propser even more than we already have. Prince Alexius is 15, one more year and he to will take command of a small army. My youngest brother is Prince Androncius and he is at the age of 10.

I am not married but hope to find a suitable bride soon and I would hope see bare's a son, my son is the true heir to the thrown. My influence is far spread and everyone flocks to me, to pelase me. No matter what decsion I make, someone will take my side. I also instill fear into the eyes of my enemy, although I must admit, my brother Constantine is better at this than I. I have a hard time and am fairly ignorant towards the divine but am open to all ideas in life. My command is at 2, I have fought in battles and won but I fear not enough to fully gain the trust of all my men. I am smarter than the last Emperor and my promise to you is that we will prosper.

Now onto other notes. We are currently allied with the following countries:
    Spain
    The People of Novogord
    Papacy
    Italians
    Aragonese

We are at war with:
    Germans
    Almohads

I am sending an emmisary to try and ally with a neutral country called Hungry. They border us in many provinces and I would hope that we can become friends and together wipe out the Germans who stand in our way.

The Almohads are also at war with the English. Fighting on 2 fronts is never a good idea. We are currently stuck in a war on 2 fronts but I hope we can end one threat soon.The Germans are also at war with ar ally the Italians and a neutral foe, the Danes.

I current treasury is 131495 and is predicted to go up almost 9000 again in the upcoming year.

My time is short and I must go attend to my new duties.

War is upon us, but I will do my best to keep peace with the rest of the world but if we fail we will fight back and will triumph. I'm not one to attack provinces to gain there wealth but if attacked first I will retaliate with force and the intent of taking land over.

I thank you for coming and will speak again soon.

Emperor Nicephorus the 4th

Applause
    shouts of "all hail the Emperor"

The Mongols are approaching
    Looking forward for the show.

*enters room, sits downs*

Hello everyone, its been about 5 years since I"ve last held a gathering like this. The Germans are attacking our ships along the costs on England and France...they are winning, we are beggining to pump out more and more in hopes we can counter. The Hungarians refused are alliance but declared tht they are in no plans to attack us. Still I dont know if I can trust them. The Almohads hold 4 provinces now and I plan that Our great nation and The Enlgish will both get at least 1. We are pressuring from the east and they are pressuring from the north. There will be a grand battle, a 3 way battle soon, this will determine who captures the most of the Almohads lands. My plan, get out of the way, let them duke it out and swoop in and scoop up the pieces.

Thank you for your time, nothing else much has changed, The Italians are gaining ground on the Germans a bit thats about it. I have inisde info from a sailor that they saw thousands of wierd lookin men on the ohter side of our world massing together. I fear they may attack us, therefor I will not attack the German stronghold to my north in the far east. Thats a very big province, perfect landing grounds if these men with different faces do infact arrive.

*stands up bows*

Do you have any questions?

*The spectre of Emperor Manuel I appears in a vision*

There is a great threat comming from the east, one greater than the Muslim infidels ever were. Everything we have fought for is in peril... I know you are aware of this, Have you made preparations to meet it? The years after 1230 will be dark for this is when the horde arrives in Khazar.

And don't forget to paint your servents blue Muahaha

*The vision fades*

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast