Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tourney

Hi Yuuki,

Thats fine by me, I did check into the foyer last nite around 8-9pm ur time but no one was on-line. However, we could always arrange it as you suggested, via MTW/VI foyer.

Look forward to it.

Kansuke.

Kansuke Yamamoto

Yes

Kansuke,

I got called away on short notice last night, and didn't get back online until very late. I'm available today off and on. It's 18:00 gmt now. I'll check both foyers periodically.

MizuYuuki

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Kansuke and I just finished playing the tourney matches and he won 2 games to 1. Nice going Kansuke.

MizuYuuki

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Hi Yuuki,

They were very high calibre games m8, I enjoyed all 3 games. Could have gone either way.

*Bows.

Kansuke.

Kansuke Yamamoto

Yes

Skie Mirror Silvanoshei I have sent you PM about aranging our match last week. Are you still interested?
    Please pm me so we can sort out when we both could get our game played.
    thanks
    Once more unto the breach dear friends, let us fill it up with our English dead.

Monk of the Blue Ridge Member Mori Zennousha's Avatar

Arrow

i too am trying to get my matches scheduled... DarkLegend, i have sent you a PM about this... please get back to me when you can, and we'll keep this ball rolling...

thanks,
    Z

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

There are still a few games to be completed, perhaps we should start thinking about the conditions for round2: map, kokus, season?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

no sign or messages from my opponent any ideas folks? what should i do?
    play one of the other people? anyone want to join in?
    id still like to be involved but if i cant arrange a time to find my opponent im stuck at present.

Im happy to go with what people think is fair or if my opponent has been around on the weekends that others have seen ill forfit to them.
    a few general times at the weekends would be good for more of us to meet up would be good apart from the main gmt evenings already set up mabey?
    Once more unto the breach dear friends, let us fill it up with our English dead.

me and soul played our first match. it took us almost 30 to 45 mins between the lag and our cautious fight... i had to get ready for bed and so did he so we decided to wait until we next meet to play our next match. we will tell you the outcome at the end
    Because only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain. -Richard M. Nixon

AggonyShim2
    *moons all*

ok me and soul finished our match. i win 2-0. i hate that they always match friends against friends... even so... i still enjoyed our fights soul and i hope that we will have manymore

P.S. plz plz plz forgive me for my muskets
    Because only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain. -Richard M. Nixon

AggonyShim2
    *moons all*

Senior Member Senior Member Ithaskar Fëarindel's Avatar

Hehe Shim you won fairly you did nothing dishonourable... no need to apologise

They were both good games though and played in good spirit which is the main idea

Good luck with your next rounds you better go on to win now
    Fëa-Quendi

*~Member of the Ronin Warlords and of UGLI~*
    *~IthaskarRW~*

Running round in circles IS better, B!

I guess if the missing people haven't replied by this weekend we had better try and find some people willing to play in there place. AggonyShim mentioned that AggonyAnskare would probably be willing to play and I talked to AggonyStefan in the foyer and he was interested.

As for the next round I think the koku should be kept the same, but a winter battle on a different map might be fun.

me and ShinGaiJin are playing our matches, currently a draw 1 match won each.
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

can i suggest nagashima for the next map? its hard to defend and hard to attack. you HAVE to have a plan if you wish to win.

AggonyShim2
    *moons all*

Hi All,

Good idea Shim, Nagashima seems an excellent choice.

Kansuke.

Kansuke Yamamoto

Yes

I like that map.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

Vegetabullz, please tell me your time preferences so that we can arrange the match. For me, 21.00-24.00 GMT is fine (any day).
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei

Arrow

Konnichiwa, all...

well, like Celtlan, i too have not rec'd any response from my opponent... i myself have had a lot going on lately, but i've been keeping up with the forums at least, hoping not to stall the Tourney any more than it has been... to those of you used to seeing me online more, i'm still here, just lurking a bit as my playing time has been reduced (you know, the damned real world has got an awful lot of expectations... i mean, really...)

but i digress... i'm in favor of selecting new opponents, as suggested by Mimesaka... here's an idea: make a new post, called "Tourney Deadline" or something like that... give a date that those who have expressed interest, but have yet to play, must respond by... then, on the next day, replace any non-responders with new opponents (it seems there may be at least a few... last week i saw 3 people i had not seen before.. now, they may have been aliases, but at least one seemed to be truly new to the Foyer)... merely a suggestion; do with it as you will...

as for the second round, all the suggestions sound good so far... i would suggest that the koku be raised a bit, just to give the survivors more latitude, maybe tweak their armies, or get that upgrade that they're used to playing with... call it a reward for surviving the first round... on the other hand, purists would argue that you don't need upgrades if you're really good, so maybe that reasoning is flawed... what do you all think?

tha's all for now... see you all soon on the Battlefield...
    *bows*
    Z

Hi guys,

Maybe the fixtures should be revised, IE Cetlan could play Mori, while we wait for the missing players or whether we deem it necessary to replace them with new ones.

I am not in favour of raising the Koku level it starts getting alittle unbalanced.

Kansuke.

Kansuke Yamamoto

Yes

Good idea,

We shouldn't delay round 2 much longer. We could also say those people who are active will go on to round 2, anyone still interested can do a rebound. It's Friday now, my fault, any unfinished match should be completed Monday morning 10 gmt, then we'll discuss about the settings for round 2 and create new matches. Does that sound ok?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Ok Zen and I will play a series against each other. Zen pm me with your availability. Mine should be sat and sunday 11am GMT till 1PM GMT the afternoons say 5pm GMt till 7PM GMT.
    let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (TosaInu @ Aug. 15 2003,08:20)]Good idea,

We shouldn't delay round 2 much longer. We could also say those people who are active will go on to round 2, anyone still interested can do a rebound. It's Friday now, my fault, any unfinished match should be completed Monday morning 10 gmt, then we'll discuss about the settings for round 2 and create new matches. Does that sound ok?
    Sounds good TosaInu. I do have a question though: Where in the setup is the Celtlan vs Zenn match going to be?

Also here is a repost of the brackets for convenience.

Mimesaka
    v (2-0) > Mimesaka
    AggonyBetou

Ithaskar Fearindel
    v (2-0) > AggonyShim2
    AggonyShim2

Sjakihata Akechi
    v
    ShinGaiJin

Mori Zennousha
    v
    Dark Legend

TosaInu
    v (2-0) > TosaInu
    NightRider

Skie Mirror Silvanoshei
    v
    Celtlan

Cheetah
    v
    Vegetabullz

MizuYuuki
    v (2-1) > Kansuke
    Kansuke

Not sure if I understand what you asked Shinano,

If 1 of the matchplayers doesn't show up, then the other goes to round 2 and the former can do a rebound later. If neither shows up, both can do a rebound.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Arrow

Konnichiwa all...

i have to admit, i'm a bit confused by what has been proposed... Kansuke's suggestion was clear enough, and Celtlan has contacted me about scheduling our matches...

however, as i re-read your posts Tosa-sama, it sounds like your suggesting that those of us with "no-show" opponents should just move on to the second round, and not play each other... is that correct? i can understand why, of course; there must be 8 players in the second round, and if Celtlan and i play each other, there won't be, unless more players are found and added to the list... this makes sense to me as well...

i can see the good and bad in both possibilities... the only big problem i see with Celtlan and myself playing is that we'll have to fill our spots with 2 other playes to ensure 8 in the second round... considering the fact that it's been difficult to schedule matches as they are, i do question how likely it is to get 2 more players in and have them complete their matches in a timely manner so that we can continue into the second round... what do you all think?

in the meantime, i have responded to Celtlan, and unless something changes 'twixt now and then, we will play this weekend, probably saturday afternoon... please let us know if there is a change, and we'll figure things out accordingly...

see you on the battlefield,
    Z
    *bows*

Ok the way I see it we should either move Cheetah, Celtlan and Zenn through to the 2nd round and start playing it or else find them some opponents real quick. We could probably find some Aggonies or bears online who would want to play if we decide the matches should be played.

Iguana date would like to play in the tourney.

Konnichiwa,

Quote[/b] ]Iguana date would like to play in the tourney.
    Ok, we'll try to get him involved.

Mimesaka>

AggonyShim2>

TosaInu>

Kansuke>

Shinano round 2

Sjakihata Akechi
    v
    ShinGaiJin Draw, both to round 2

Mori Zennousha round 2

Celtlan round 2

Cheetah round 2

That makes 10 people, ok?

Let's make matches and rules.
    1v1
    Stat 102 or 103?
    8,000 koku?
    4 max rule in case of 102 stat?
    Map Nagashima?
    Season Autumn?
    Ironboard tiebreaker?
    Morale/fatigue/restricted camera on and limited ammo.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Hi All,

That makes 9, Shinano is also Mimesaka.

All the other parameters seem fine, not sure 1.02 or 1.03, I dont mind either.

Kansuke

Kansuke Yamamoto

Yes

Quote[/b] ]Shinano is also Mimesaka
    Great, Iguana Date could join then to make 10?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast