Thread: time agian...

|OCS|Virus

bah I had the time limit all set up, but for one reason or another it stoped working, this is how I have it set up-------->

//========================================

SetStartDate:: 1087
    SetGameEndDate:: 1234
    SetPeriod:: EARLY
    SetEarlyPeriodStartDate:: 1087
    SetHighPeriodStartDate:: 1205
    SetLatePeriodStartDate:: 1321

//========================================

just like it should be {I think} can some one direct me as to what i missed? *note* I havn't decided what date to put I just put in 9999 when I try it*/note* I looked at time limts from my other posted topic but didn't see what I missed.

Virus, since you can now post in the Dungeon, I'm moving your topic over there. You'll get better response there than here in the EH.
    This space intentionally left blank

|OCS|Virus

COOL I can post here now. I didn't know that other wise I would have put it here in the first place, sry I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Creator of the Medmod for M:TW Member WesW's Avatar

I haven't done this before, but wouldn't your high period start date need to be after the game end date if you only want one period?
    Wes Whitaker's Total Modification site:

Senior Member Senior Member Ithaskar Fëarindel's Avatar

Try this:

SetStartDate:: 1087
    SetGameEndDate:: 1234
    SetPeriod:: EARLY
    SetEarlyPeriodStartDate:: 1087
    SetHighPeriodStartDate:: 1234
    SetLatePeriodStartDate:: 1234

I think putting the SetHigh and SetLate dates after the GameEnd date would cause the crash, so just put them the same date.
    Fëa-Quendi

*~Member of the Ronin Warlords and of UGLI~*
    *~IthaskarRW~*

Running round in circles IS better, B!

|OCS|Virus

I'm sry I havn't replied to this I was called out unexpectedly and spent two days away from home. my problem is whenever I try to altert them like you said the "early period" option gets taken away from the options when you pick whatever period you have to start in. I entered it EXACTLY like you said. the reason exactly is highlighted is because I also took into account all the spaces, which I don't know if they matter or not.

|OCS|Virus

hmmm... that didn't work like I'd hoped it would but oh well. Thanx for tryin'

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

Try changing the setearly,high and late period start dates around to accomodate the setgameend date in your set up you have the game ending before the start of the late period, I suspect this might be the problem. LOS
    Taking life one day at a time!

|OCS|Virus

realy I just put 9999 in the 1234 part i said 1234 as an example then I tried to put early high late period to 1234 because it was suggested. It was workin' before, but maybe I just need to use the backup files.

Do want LOS said, that works....you shouldn't need to use your original files, just change it back to normal, copying the other .txt files.
    I didn't write criticizing. I wrote criticised. Which is correct, unless you're trying to raise some bizzare nationalist argument; the kind of stupidity requiring some smarts to begin with.

-Unknown Know-it-all

|OCS|Virus

do what he said, do what he said, do what he said that is all I ever hear does everybody think I do not heed the advice given to me on these forums? I have done what I can to the best of my abilitys to do what Lord of Storms has instructed and done my best on what everyone else who has tried helping me has instructed. anyways all is lost for the moment my CD-ROM drive has decided to go on early retirement and refuses to play any and all of my CD's so even if I were to fix it right now there would be no way of knowing until I

A. fix the broken CD-ROM drive
    or
    B. buy a new CD-ROM drive

thankyou to all those who have tried to help, I will either start a new thread or post agian in this thread when/if it gets fixed. anyways untill then I'll just go through and see if I can find were I went wrong and try to fix it.