Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Viking Invasion Patch

Its strange that they have said that on 3dgamers.com, even the adrenalin vault is saying the same which is odd as I downloaded the patch from both fileplanet and activision today. Phaps activision wanted some extra traffic through their website for a couple days

Dex

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

More news form TW.COM regarding the patch release...LOS

Message to GilJaySmith (or other CA staff visiting)

Author Comment
    eradosan
    Board Administrator
    (10/11/03 5:58 pm)
    Reply Message to GilJaySmith (or other CA staff visiting)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi guys,

I am 'slightly' annoyed by Activisions release 'policies' concerning the VI 2.01 patch. The way they treat the result of your hard work, and the community that should benefit from that, is a disgrace.

Let's face it. The Medieval_TW.exe is the patch. Tested, QA'd, and now Activision is handling it. They claim there are QA issues left so the one they prematurely released is not the official one.

Now UNofficially, I know that what is not up to par with their release is their attempt to make an installer for it. Whatever they will do with it, before they finally release the final one, it's not going to change the Game patch itself.

The sad result of this @#%$-up though, is that first we had a split community, with MTW and VI foyers split. Now we have a split split community, with part of the VI players on the MTW foyer, and the others in the VI foyer still.

So unofficially, and against any rules that I am not aware of, nor responsible for, I will keep the links to the patch alive. And if that makes me a bad boy, I am sure someone will officially let me know on Monday, and if so I will promise to never do it again

Have a great weekend Gil, and others, and on behalf of the community, thanks for a great patch.
    Taking life one day at a time!

Senior Member Senior Member Erado San's Avatar

Yes, I am ignoring the recall by Activision. This is too much. The download at Activision is still active. If it vanishes, it will be live on my mirror until someone strictly forbids me to host it. Which won't be before monday morning.

Download and use it.
    A voice from the past is heard in the lands...

Is it normal to have release dates for patches? I would think they would want to get the patch out asap to fix their broken software. I wish people from Activision visited these forums often so we could bash them.

Alas I dont have much web space to host but if any members did want it i would happily Mirc it to them Just pm me

Exclamation

Patch has been and still is available from activison on there own download page(expansion and patches tab)
    Activisions VI 2.01 patch

It is /was official more from Erado San at TW.com
    Comment
    eradosan
    Board Administrator
    (10/11/03 7:58 am)
    Reply -> -> Patch Download Locations Updated

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112