Thread: n00b question

|OCS|Virus

I am trying to make a mod, and I have everything all set up I just changed the stats around but I know I need to change one spacific line of text for the mod to show up, but I dont know what that is, would someone help me?

|OCS|Virus

So nobody in this ENTIRE forum has an answere to this rather small problem, nobody could go in type a quick answere call me an "idiot" and leave it at that? or maybe just type "bump" grr... oh well, I await your belated answeres.

I think they need a bit more detail. Like what file, what line etc. I do too.
    Skill counts for nothing when an angel pees down the touchhole of your musket. - Anonymous soldier.

|OCS|Virus

YAY an answere. It is my "Early.txt" file I tried moding a different file then seeing as how that one didnt work I tried to save it as "EARLY.txt" BAD FREAKIN' IDEA now they both dont work I was messing around w\ trade goods and land values as far as I can recall. any ideas? I will also fiddle around and see if I cant get it moving.

|OCS|Virus

hey I just remembered that I probly messed w\ the spacing in the trade goods thing does that matter? I assume so. I also added two new provinces to trade goods but deleted them after words, so I dont think that is the problem.

EDITED: YIPPIE I just remembered I have backup files W007 thanx for tryin anyways now I can go back and see what I messed up..... OR I CAN PLAY LoL

Senior Member Senior Member Wellington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (|OCS|Virus @ Sep. 07 2003,13:17)]YAY an answere. It is my "Early.txt" file I tried moding a different file then seeing as how that one didnt work I tried to save it as "EARLY.txt" BAD FREAKIN' IDEA now they both dont work I was messing around w\ trade goods and land values as far as I can recall. any ideas? I will also fiddle around and see if I cant get it moving.
    If you've now got a bad Early.txt the only solution is to rename the copy you were changing to something else (Test.txt) and reinstall MTW to get your Early.txt back.

Then check the original with your changes, line and line, and read one of the documents on script files that you can download from the Org.

Any mistakes in these script files will cause them not to show up (and some mistakes will even cause MTW not to load). You don't get any erro rmessage so you must be careful. Change 1 or 2 lines at a time only. Start MTW. Does it work? If so change a bit more, load MTW again ... and so on.

Unfortunately you hav'nt told anyone exactly which lines you changes and what you changed them to. Therefore no one can help you.

|OCS|Virus

well i used a backup of early.txt, now I am just seeing if I can get anything to show up. So far I have had a measured amount of succes, I got part of it to show up but it looks like this -> "VirusMod can not translate. - Background" I think this will be considerably easier to solve =p does anyone know why this happened?