Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

The Emperor I've got your savegame now, thanks.

Hellenes Judging by the time of your post, I think you're referring to my first email which was a wake up call. I've just now forwarded on The Emperors save game.
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

ive got ur email and the save game.I just want to know how can i post images from my campaign here i know how to make tgas to jpgs (ive got paintshop).
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Parthian Warlord Member Revenant69's Avatar

Hellenes, to upload pictures to the Org, check out this thread:

uploading pics

Hope this helps.
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting" -Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum" - Vegetius
    www.slavab.com
    www.agarwaen.com

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Unhappy

Ive sent the save game to mount im in war with france and egypt.I will post writings later but i have a problem the screenshots are all messed up like many consequtive frames cut in pieces like movie frames that said i dont have any proper screenshot wat can i do about it HELP
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

File received from Hellenes and forwarded to Monk.

Current list

Revenant69 King Alfonso VI The Pious 1087-1131

The Emperor King Alfonso VII 1113-1131

Hellenes King Enrique I 1131-1163

Monk King Felipe I 1163-?

matt_g

Simon Appleton

Hasek

Mount Suribachi

So far I think its going pretty well. We've secured Iberia and the western half of N Africa and Hellenes has started to recover the Holy Land for the one true church with a crusade to Palestine which now has secured for us a toe-hold deep in Egyptian territory. Basically, we're doing OK, but we're not running away with the game, which is good.

Hellenes I'm not sure about what your problem might be. You might be better off asking in The Apothecary, thats where all the techies live.
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Wow, i've been so busy trying to finish my Turk Write up i nearly forgot i was part of this game

File recieved and unpacked, I'll start on it this weekend when i will have more time (and when i will have my Turk Write up done )

BTW, for those who are interested, in the GA stakes the Byzantiliums are top with 42 points. Spain is 6th with 29.

looks like this game is going nicely along.... though if i get it on Monday i dont know when ill be able to play it... have a lot to do right now in school and soccer.... but anyone Mount do you have a name on the EU2 forums?

I am Nev and I have all of 15 posts

hehe thats cool are most of you guys in Europe or in North America?

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (matt_g @ Sep. 27 2003,13:24)]hehe thats cool are most of you guys in Europe or in North America?
    On the VI map I'm from Lindissi

The Emperor always good to end a chapter on a cliff-hanger

Parthian Warlord Member Revenant69's Avatar

Hey Emperor. Sorry things are really busy as of late. I apologise for the delay with the writeups, so i shall post some placeholders here just in case. Unfortunately that would mean that Emperor has to delete and repost. Much sorryness here
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting" -Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum" - Vegetius
    www.slavab.com
    www.agarwaen.com

For TosaInu and the Org Senior Member The_Emperor's Avatar

Celebration of the Crowning of King Alfonso VII of Spain

Mid-Summer 1113AD

King Alfonso was crowned King of Spain before god on this day in Castile, a great many people had gathered in the streets and the courtyards to catch a glimpse of the new King.

All people rich and poor lined the streets, all were in a great mood of celebration. Suddenly a voice shouted out Here comes the King.

The King was closely followed by his bodyguards, on his head sat the Spanish crown, his armour was gleaming in the mid afternoon sun, he was 39 and had an air of greatness about him. He was a natural leader of men.

Cheers greeted the King as he rode onwards, behind him Rode his Brothers, Prince Sancho, Prince Fernando, Prince Garc and Prince Ferdinand. They were all great commanders on the battlefield, Prince Garc was the most skilled among them.

The head of the procession moved on and soon the Legendary Knights of Santiago passed, followed by other soldiers of the fighting Order...

Previously King Alfonso VI defeated the Moors and Reunified the country in the Reconquista. The Almohad Territories in North Africa were occupied and the remaining Almohad forces were eliminated by the Egyptians in Cyrenacia.

This was more than the introduction of a new King. This was a celebration of the Kingdom and of Spanish struggle through the years... and a celebration of the life of King Alfonso The Pious.

At last Spain was whole once again, people were enthusiastic about the future of the nation, under a ruler who shared the same name as his Father, who had great plans for future development of the nation.
    "Believe those who are seeking the truth; doubt those who find it."

Hope and Fear

It was late evening in the Palace and Prince Garc was taken to the see the King in his Chambers.

He was surprised to see the King studying maps and scrolls, there was a large pile of them on a table in front of him.

I have need of your services my brother... I have been studying reports from our holdings in North Africa, and I fear that the Egyptian Sultan is making plans to drive us out of Africa and to liberate our former enemies...

I cannot allow these infidels to destroy everything our Father worked so tirelessly to accpomplish, I want you to go out to Tunisia and bolster our defences, recruit some mercenaries if you have to, if the Egyptians do decide to attack make an example of them

I am afraid that I must stay here and take care of business in the North of the Kingdom, I do not feel comfortable with the size of the French army in the north and I still have to make efforts to keep Portugal part of our Kingdom

I can see the wisdom in your decision, we cannot have a war on two fronts. rest assured i will secure the South for you, My brother, My King.
    Prince Garc bowed and left for Tunisia.

The King Turned to his aide and handed him a scroll, Make preparations for the following Ports and buildings to be built, the time has come for us to build a strong future and to give hope to our people

The aide took the scroll and bowed as King Alfonso dismissed him.

The Invasion of Tunisia
    The year was 1119 and Prince Garc was marching his army off into the East to meet an Egyptian army that had been sighted crossing the border.

Prince Garc deployed his troops in the mountains to head off the Egyptians in the superior terrain... Battle was joined.

Battle in the Mountains
    Battle Replay

Sultan Mustali led an initial standing army of 1101 Men he was accompanied by one of his Princes, a secondary force of 1019 Bedouin Tribes was also enroute but they would arrive late for the battle...

Prince Garc commanded a force numbering 960 men in the mountains, he was forced to hold 593 men in reserve to garisson local towns to ensure that no trouble was made from the local Islamic population... If things went bad these reserves could be called upon.

Prince Garc's army was positioned on the tallest mountain with a commanding view of the field, there were other hills closer to the enemy, but Prince Garc wanted the enemy to come to him and exhaust themselves.

After much taunting the Sultan soon marched his forces forward up the hill, taking casualties from the few archers Prince Garc had in his army. Still the Egyptians advanced forwards the Sultan was out in front proud and arrogant as ever

Let the Javelins fly Garc cried... The Spanish Javelinmen marched forwards and began to shower the Sultan's personal bodyguard with Pilums and Javelins, horses and men were impaled...

The sultan's bodyguard were dead and only the defiant leader himself was left standing. The javelinmen fell back, and Prince Garc glared at the weak Sultan who had dared to threaten the Spanish nation... Garc Turned to his men and facing his knights cried out Give me the Sultan's head, My brother will have it as a trophy

The Knights of Santiago, led by Prince Garc descended upon the lone Sultan who drew his sword, he was alone... Surrounded on all sides he fought on bravely until his horse was impaled by a lance, The Sultan fell to the ground where he was cut and stabbed by a great frenzy of Swords, Prince Garc Cleaved off his head and Placed it on the end of his Lance... He held it high in the air for all to see.

The Sultan was dead, his Prince suffered the same fate falling to a group of Order footsoldiers his head was also impaled on a spear, his two remaining bodyguards fled in terror at the sight and the disgrace of their failiure.

Panic swiftly gripped the Egyptian ranks, the remaining men without leadership, wavered and soon a thunderous charge was underway as the Spanish forces stormed down the hillside in vengeful fury.

The Entire Egyptian mass turned tail and routed in a mass-panic

Cut them all down like animals as they run, make an example of them Shouted Prince Garc to his his cavalry, who promptly answered his call to arms with great vigor.

The Spanish Cavalry stormed forwards, knocking men down cleaving through others in a an awesome charge, Egyptian foot soldiers were everywhere running for their very lives, and behind them all the time was the deafening noise of Spanish horsemen behind growing ever closer.

The Carnage was horrific, as the Spanish horsemen carried all before them.

As Spanish Infantry regrouped on the frontal hill ready for the next onslaught, a secondary army of Bedouin Warriors was spotted on the horizon. Sure enough the sight of their troops filled with terror and fleeing for their lives sent a great shock to the heart of the releif army... Then looking closely they caught sight of Prince Garc, bearing the head of the Sultan at the end of his lance.

The entire force of 1019 Bedouin tribesmen turned around and marched away... leaving the ragtag elements of the Egyptian army to their dreadful fate.

A large group of Arab archers attempted to hide in a small collection of houses out on the desert plain, it was a vain attempt to gain help from the subjugated people there, soon enough a force of Jinettes spotted them and was enroute. Fearing the Wrath of reprisals from the Spanish army, the local people refused entry to the Arabs... Soon enough they were run down by the approaching cavalry as they ran screaming for the border, not one of them made it out alive.

Only 127 Egyptians from the initial standing army escaped with their lives, most were Cavalry, but some lone infantrymen were spotted running across the desert sands under the beating sun.

The Spanish had slain 300 men, 627 prisoners were taken... Only 66 Spanish were lost in the entire battle.

The Aftermath
    Prince Garc sent an envoy ahead to the Egyptians, he was bearing a message to the new sultan, telling him to come to the border the following day...

The new Sultan Mustali II, stood out looking out at the gathering Spanish. The Egyptian prisoners fromt he battle were brough forward... Prince Garc cried out in Arabic Your invasion was crushed, should you ever again cross into the Kingdom of Alfonso VII, you will pay even more dearly than you have this day

The Prisoners were lined up and one by one they were beheaded, stabbed and sliced before the gathering Egyptians. The new Sultan watched the horrific scene and looking down at the sand below him he turned and marched back inland, he had learned his lesson, while Spain and Egypt would remain bitter enemies he would never again threaten the rule of King Alfonso VII.

The Heads of the Sultan and his Prince were sent to King Alfonso... He placed them above the gate of the castle in Castile, above the words Such is the fate of any Infidel who threatens the Spanish people.

Hey guys

sorry but i havn't had time to start my reign yet, in fact i havn't even had much time to log onto the .org here. My weekend was very busy and i had no time for mtw, fortunatly this week looks a lot better. Tomorrow is Tuesday the 30th, If things continue as they are i should have it done by then.

Sorry for the hold up

No probs mate

Posting here as an update.

I have started my reign and played 6 turns into it, Surprisingly we are already at war. The French sunk two of our ships off the coast of Ireland so naturally i had to retalliate. The English are back and the Holy lands is a system of Crusader Kingdoms, whose nation varries from Germany to Spain. Will post more when i have finished (time permitting)

nice just make sure before your king dies to tiddy up your war with France.... dont really feel like fighting on my first turn

The Final Years of King Alfonso VII of Spain

It was mid-summer... King Alfonso VII had been touring towns and cities all over Spain. He had arrived back in Castile and was due to witness the launch of one of the new warships of the Spanish fleet.

Everywhere the king went he was met with great enthusiasm as families left their houses to catch a glimpse of him... Over the years massive building projects had been undertaken and the King was widely known for being a truly Magnificent Builder.

In every Spanish town new buildings could be seen to be under construction. It was a euphoric time, the Nobility and even the Peasant all had an improvement in the quality of life and the King was adored for it.

The Deal
    During the later years of his reign, An Emissary arrived in the Spanish Court to seek an Audience with King Alfonso.

The Emissary arrived and bowed low before the King... The King sat at his throne, his brothers were standing beside him.

Great king Alfonso VII of Spain, I bring you warm greetings from your good neigbour, King Phillipe II of France... He brings word that he wishes for great friendship between our peoples

We greet thee well, messenger of King Phillipe II. Tell me what brings you to my court?

The King of France desires an Alliance and a long-term agreement between our peoples for as long you both live, and to this end he has offered his daughter's hand in marriage to your son and heir Prince Fernando

Prince Fernando looked at his Father with a great look of surprise and curiosity...

Princess Herleva walked into the room and Prince Fernando was taken with her.

Tell King Phillipe that I will give my answer speedily...

The Emissary bowed again and left with the Princess, King Alfonso beckoned his Aides to him and Prince Fernando.

This alliance proposal is not without its risks said the aide Our alliances with the thrones of Aragon and England would be rendered invalid.

The King looked up Look I know that those alliances would be useless, but the throne of England is not what it once was... They have lost most of their holdings in France, and now the French Forces are poised to deliver the Killing Blow. Aragon is a weak kingdom, and I would sooner have a powerful ally... If we were to accept this offer our northern borders would finally be secure and we could press home attacks against the Egyptian infidel in future.

Prince Fernando was eager for his bride and was positive about the alliance going ahead.

The Emissary was called in Tell King Phillipe II of France, that I accept this offer

The union was formed, but still King Alfonso VII did not trust the French Motives... He was buying time for his kingdom, time to prepare the Spanish lands for a conflict that could be looming.

The fall of Aragon
    The following year a massive French army marched into Aragon, the Aragonese fought bravely but were crushed in the onslaught, the Kingdom was destroyed... The buffer zone between Spain and France was gone.

A few years later King Alfonso celebrated his 56th birthday, one night later on in that year screams came from the bedchamber of the King... Bodyguards and aides rushed into the room to find the King was dead.

It was said that a curse was placed upon his Father and bloodline by the Moors as they were driven from Spain... others had said that God himself called upon the kings of Spain to join him at his side, as they were gods chosen in the world...

Thus it was that the reign of King Alfonso VII came to an end... he would henceforth be known as Conqueror of the Waves for his efforts had given birth to the great Spanish fleet.

im sorry to say but it looks like i can not start this PBM game. Some real life stuff has happened and now i have no time to play MTW anymore. Best of luck to all of you bye

Senior Member Senior Member econ21's Avatar

How's it going, Monk? With Matt_G dropping out, I think I'm next in line. I mainly play on the weekends, so if you could finish by Friday and pass it on, that'd be great - otherwise, take your time and I'll hope for it next Friday.

By the way - great write up and screenshots of the battle, Emperor. You ought to make movies

Quote[/b] (Simon Appleton @ Oct. 09 2003,08:09)]By the way - great write up and screenshots of the battle, Emperor. You ought to make movies
    Hmm Making movies... now there's an idea. The Org members can get together as the cast and crew.

Hollywood watch out, The Org is on the way up

Well, it appears i don't have much time for MTW these days. I will do my best to finish the reign up this Friday, although i can't make any promises as i have been very busy as of late and don't expect it to get any better. All i can do is play what i can (i've got about 10-12 years left) I'll try and post an update soon,

again sorry for the hold up

I have good news today, i have time to finish up my reign . It will take me some time, since i am not used to playing a king whose life is not shortened. So i can't estimate how many years i have left to rule, but my king is just entering his late forties so it may or may not be long .

All ready so much has happened, Sadly enough we are Excomed, but it was un avoidable. But even though the pope is mad at us, the kingdom hasn't fallen into ruin just yet. Anyhow, i should be done in an hour or so, so just be a bit more and it shall be done

Well...we kinda got a problem

The Spanish King, was in good health, leading his men in Toulouse, when he became ill and died suddenly. It was unfortunate as His only son was 13 and could not take the throne. Although he had married a general to his daughter a few years before, the marrage went over looked and the Liniage ended.

lol i am sorry but that is what happened. i thought maybe i screwed up and reloaded MTW, but it was right, he is dead.

Well...i am sorry, but what can i do but post the write up? I hope nobody is seriously mad at me

Why be mad? That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Or more accurately, thats the way PBEMs started by ME end. I'm now 2 for 2 on having dynasties die out - first the Mercians, now the Spanish

There were only Simon Appleton and Hasek left to on the list anyway, so unless people have major objections, that's a wrap.

Could those who haven't done their writeups yet please do so, so I can put this baby to bed.

Cheers

Mount Suribachi who is never again organising a PBEM

hehe yeah i guess so.

write up will follow... as soon as i can write

Oh, man what an Anticlimax

I was expecting great Crusades and magnificent bonfires of Popes and Generals...

Still this is the problem with not having the 56 year bug, our Kings truly die randomly.

Lets hope this isn't your last PBM Mount

Quote[/b] (The_Emperor @ Oct. 10 2003,18:20)]Oh, man what an Anticlimax

I was expecting great Crusades and magnificent bonfires of Popes and Generals...

Still this is the problem with not having the 56 year bug, our Kings truly die randomly.

Lets hope this isn't your last PBM Mount
    Well, if you count my reign, then the History of the Spanish Empire will be one for the history books. A Story of Deciet, Corruption, betrayal, Holy wars, Conflicting beleifs, Rebellion, Allies and Excomunications.

once i get the time to write a great deal again (possibly this weekend) i will post it. My king died at 64, which proves the patch is working. And, Time permitting of course, I will see you all in the Next PBEM game

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast