Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Shogun Total War mod for MTW-VI

Cybernetic Samurai Member TenkiSoratoti's Avatar

I'm not sure I understand why this is not a sticky thread, but I guess you Moderators know what your doing...

TP
    "The good fighters of the old first put themselves beyond the possibility of defeat and then waited for an opportunity to defeat the enemy." - Sun Tzu

***bump****

reading, watching, playing and waiting.....

Ok, I've waited ten pages but I can't wait any longer. I'm itching to know what Mongol units will be incorporated..

Will we have Golden Horde units?
    Will we have MI Mongol units?
    Will we have a mixture?
    Is it possible to have a mixture?

Personally, I would love to see a combination that uses the Korean units from MI along with the Golden Horde Warriors and thereby introducing the foot archers that CA left out. A combination in the cav units would add some 'sparkle' to the battlefield ...Golden Horde Heavy Cav, MI Heavy Cav ( possibly under a different name..Medium Cav? ) and both Golden Horde Horse Archers and Mongol Light Cav units What an awesome sight they would make....

Please put me out of my misery ...In the meantime....What Dr_No said

......Orda

Corpses:

DnC has discovered why some unit's corpses don't work in the regular vi. I have gotten corpses to work in the beta 5 STWmod using his information. This involves adding units to the deadpage file which I have verified does not cause any incompatibility with the regular online mtw/vi. I played an entire regular mtw/vi 3v3 battle using a modified deadpage file which happened to block all corpses from showing on my machine, and the game played fine. I'll make the necessary changes to the deadpage and stw_10_unit_prod files and send them to barocca.

Units:

Since I'll be sending a new stw_10_unit_prod file, I intend to include changes to two units based on playing the SP campaign and some online and custom battle tests unless there is objection.

First, I'll set the no-dachi run and charge speeds to 12. I've been playing with them set to 12, and it seems fine.

Second, I intend to make some small alterations to the naginata cav unit. The problem with this unit is it's ineffectiveness. A yari cav will kill 40 nag cav in the charge and only loose 10. Also, the nag cav cannot beat a monk with a well executed charge as it could in we/mi v103. Coupled with this relative ineffectiveness is it's slow run speed making it the slowest cav and contributing to fatigue. Currently, the nag cav is a 18/20 run/charge speed unit. I suggest a change to 20/22 which makes it equal in speed to the heavy cav. This would give 3 clear speed classifications to cav units: heavy and nag cav at 20/22, hatamoto at 22/26, yari and archer cav at 24/26. The other change to nag cav would be adding +1 to the defend value which is currently 0. That cuts the degree by which they loose to yari cav (but they still loose), allows them to last a little longer as their armor of 4 should allow and makes it possible for them to beat a monk under the ideal circumstances of a well executed charge. They'll loose to a monk without a good charge of 15+ kills, and heavy cav will still beat them by a good margin.

The other main unit types seem to play fine. The hatamoto is curiously effective despite it's small size of 12 men. Battlefield upgrades are quite possibly playing a role here as they are relatively easy to achieve with small units. I haven't encountered or tried battlefield ninja, kensai or teppo yet in the SP campaign.

Any other ideas?

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Hey there guys I have just got done reading threw most of the posts here and am currently in line waiting for the mod I can't wait From what I hear it is well worth it. Anyways I have a sugesstion to Barocca about a new unit;
    The Elite Samurai class.

They should cost atleast as much as Heavy Calvary or maybe more. There upkeep should be high too, this will prevent people and AI from building to much of them. But have 1 or 2 in an army used correctly would be devasting. These guys should be feared

They should have around 60-80 men to represent the fact that the real elite samurai warriors weren't a dime a dozen.

They would have a high Attack and Defense rating, to show there extreme skill with the sword.(also maybe give them bows. These guys were also expert archers. But they would only have about half the arrows of a regular archer unit.)

A good Armour rating becuase they all have been fully armoured in traditional samurai atire. Which offers good protection and good mobility so there armour won't slow them down.

There morale should be at the utmost highest level. Remember these are the guys who would rather die in battle then retreat..Very stubborn units. Also it would be really cool if that either you make it so they cannont retreat or if they do you lose the unit to show that they all commited seppku, which is what they did in the face of defeat and shame. They also cannot be bribed by any other faction, unless they turned to ronin first.

They should cause fear. Everyone who faught these guys were intimidated. Also their armour was made in a fashion as to cause fear in their enemies.

The option at the beggining of the battle to have them mounted or on foot.

Again this wouldn't unbalance things because they will cost so much. I that they should be the ultimate fighitng machines, that only heavy calvary can stand up to.. Even then they should be a good challange. These guys should be able to easliy take on 3 units of yari. Also be stand up to a couple of units of warrior monks and No-Dachi. Almost think of these guys as a group of kensai together, just not as extreme, because then they would never die:)

*bump*

Any more news?

-Bal
    "Thus the good fighter is able to secure himself against defeat, but cannot make certain of defeating the enemy."

Teppo are quite fearsome. In rows of three with a bit of valour they are deadly accurate and the perfect troop for dispatching an enemy daimyo that is tied up in another engagement. I' once had them simultaniously shoot down 7 front line horse that were charging them

Puzz3D, If you want some testing feedback on your stw_10_unit_prod tweaks I would be glad to & if you could send me a deadpage file that fixes the coprse problem I would be very happy as I can't seem to be able to fix it from DnC's intructions.

Senior Member Hopefull Member MiniKiller's Avatar

hey are u making this just like the original shogun mongol invasion? such as starting dates faction colors, faction ai makeups and faction starting locations? Heck if u make it just like stw i would delete that one lol.

of course u might change things for later additions but is it right now just trying to get it just like stw?
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

bump
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

FYI to all interested in barocca's STW mod: I received an email from him yesterday. He's been scarce around here since before the holidays because he's been working two jobs which have left him with little time and energy to work on the mod. Also, a lightning strike in the Brisbane area that caused him a 2 day power outage has affected his PC. He lost a couple of hard drives and his PC has been "unreliable" since. Now he's waiting for word from his insurance company about replacing the ailing PC.

Specifically refering to the mod, he says that thanks to backups to CD, he's only lost a couple of hours of work on it. He also added the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]please apologise to the boys in the STW forum for me, if any of them want to have a dab at adding the mongols into the beta mod they can and i will endeavour to flesh out their contributions with appropriate artwork when i am back online, and have some spare time...(while he is working two jobs)...i will endeavour to devote an entire weekend soley to the mod at least once a month.
    So that's the latest word from the man himself.
    This space intentionally left blank

Thank you for the update Gregoshi, and Barocca.

Sorry to hear about the lightining strike What a turn of events I think most of us can relate to the lack of free time for MTW related things, no worries there

Great to hear that despite the forces of nature being against Barocca he will still devote some time to it

I've played some campaigns & its cool looks really good, nice work Barocca.

Some things I noticed where 2 generals for Uesgi had 0 command rating. I had a quick look in the smap_heroes.txt & noticed that they where given 9 command. I've messed around with the mtw equivalent file & the command shown in file is always one less than appears on map.
    I've seen people complain about Kensai but I have found them to be kinda useless as they die very easily in melee & are very susceptible to missile fire. I had the first Mori general "Kami" as a Kensai & he was killed by 1 salvo from one unit of samurai archers. The MTW engine is a lot different than the STW one & a 1 man unit is nowhere near as powerful as it was in STW. I would recommend removing Kensai as a build able generals unit. I also noticed WM's where not preferred as generals which should be changed.
    YS can only produced with +1 valour which makes them less useful since ND & WM can be produced with +2 valour.
    Date & Otomo clans have a tendency to die out due to no heirs only princess's.
    Shimazu Daimyo starts with 8 command & has a tendency to produce a lot of dud heirs which makes them easy pickings for the otomo clan & any other clan that might end up on the island.
    Both swordsmith & armourer are tied to iron at the moment which negates some of the province bonuses for certain troops. Japanese teppo & nag's are the 2. A solution for this could be to do it as it is in MTW where iron will only enable you to build sword-smiths & armorers are available everywhere. This would be kinda true aswell as most Japanese armour did not use metal.
    Iyo is the only rebellious province I have encountered & I think some more are needed Kaga should be included.
    Revolts seem to have an awful lot of cav archers which is very annoying.
    I would also like to see another kind of ship available later maybe a war galley.
    I really like the way you have done the income but I think it is a bit much as I was able to make a 1,000,000+ with mori in just over a 100 years.
    Assaulting Higo castle gave me a flat map, I also had a rebellion in mikawa that was on the same map.
    I have a suggestion for a new unit that can only be produced in Yamashiro which makes the province worth acquiring as was in STW.
    Light of Heaven's guard
    Very good defense
    Good attack
    excellent morale
    Strong charge
    armoured
    & +1 valour in Yamashiro & its the only province they can be produced in.

Theres loads more that I can't remember & If you need someone to do the smap_heroes.txt I would be happy to help.

looks very promising barocca, good work, i just downloaded and looking to play it out a bit later...
    pillage, plunder, burn...

I just put it stw for old times sake and I cant play it, the graphics and the map? eww lol I have to much of mtw in me.

cant wait to try this mod.

Damn it i got a dead bodies problem. Any Help?

Talking

barocca i was wondering if, for the purpose of enjoyment wether any seige weapons will be added to the final version?

i know it may not be historicly accurate but it could add the gameplay and overall feel of the thing.

if not i was simply thikning how hard it would be to do my self or if theres a guide somwhere that can tell my how

thnx
    [VDM]BuuKenshin

The Lordz Modding Collective Senior Member Lord Of Storms's Avatar

Moved to the new mod development forum currently called Edit3 you may follow this topic there. thanks...LOS
    Taking life one day at a time!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789