Thread: quick question

|OCS|Virus

i just have a quick question: How do you make an impassable territory in the map editer?

Use the right textures and maybe make there a hill with this textures.

Right textures are the rock-textures.

»Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

For England and St.George Senior Member ShadesWolf's Avatar

I find water is always quite good
    ShadesWolf
    The Original HHHHHOWLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Im a Wolves fan, get me out of here......

Yeah water is good, but never make a lake too large, because around of it you can´t walk anymore.

Also if you make a lake too long, then it happens that quite large areas will unpassable, also if you want to walk there near the water.

If you want to make a river: One part of the river should at least be always in the south part of the map.

A river should always be from one end of the map to the other end (from east to west).
    Never build a river, which origin is anywhere in the map and is not from east to west, from one side to the other.

Coastlines should be in the east, if its possible, what I know.

»Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

|OCS|Virus

I've already tried different textures i found a smooth rock texture but it didn't make it impassable and i dont want to make a lake or river, im going for kind of a cliff type area. maybe i'll take a look at some maps i know have impassable areas and see if they did something different, maybe only certain textures will make it impassable.