Thread: The TWN is closed?

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Whats the story? I haven't heard from nc, nothing in my email but is the TWN dead?

Hunter_Bachus

I know we have copies of the Lex and registered voters so it can be rebuilt.
    Hunter_Bachus

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

I was surprised to get the same message when I tapped into the TWN for the first time in a while today.

I'ts hard to believe that no backups of the database exist. Was TWN being hosted by a professional webhosting service, or was it a "do-it-yourself" kind of site? From the sound of it, perhaps it was split between several service-providers?

I learned the hard way (it took a few events like this ) about how important regular backups and an Operational Recovery Plan are to any system. I hope the TWN recovers and, um, learns from this unfortunate event. Best of luck in getting things back up and running, m8s.

Org Techies--you DO have an ORP, right??
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

NC has told me that Ixwebhosting's "top-rated" tech department accidentally wiped out the database. Some files remain, but some of it will have to be rebuilt from scratch. I'm afraid that this is all the information that I have. The other details will have to be learned at a later time. To answer the topic title's question, I care a great deal about the NET, and I know that it will rise again as this community will always need a place where discussions and debate can take place without certain parties disappearing.

"Never in physical action had I discovered the chilling satisfaction of words. Never in words had I experienced the hot darkness of action. Somewhere there must be a higher principle which reconciles art and action. That principle, it occurred to me, was death." -Yukio Mishima

Ok, well as long as we have some help it will be okay in the end.

I have backup copies of the list of registered voters and also the latest version of hte lex, which was only just enacted. Not to mention we had just assembled our voters and were ready to elect a new senate.

So I would say right now we just need to re-route our voting citizens to a few "voting region" forums where we can elect a new Senate. They can elect a Consul and then he can rebuild.

It shouldn't be a problem if the registered voters pull together. Perhaps we will need to re-route the www.totalwars.net in the mean time. We should probably have a message like "registered voters please stand by for instructions"

at the very least.

NC?

Who can make this happen?
    Hunter_Bachus

the net is back up

sry for the scare

vrijbuiter Senior Member Rob The Bastard's Avatar

Good News

Bring Back Buck

I'm getting an The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

vrijbuiter Senior Member Rob The Bastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]the net is back up

sry for the scare
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Good News

Sigh...

Definately a case of premature adulation.

Bring Back Buck