Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What games are you most looking forward to?

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

Nonono, those graphics rocked the world Bless Nintendo's balls

~Wiz
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

AKA Leif 3000 TURBO Senior Member Leet Eriksson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Efrem Da King @ Feb. 25 2004,15:01)]5th the next zelda game if it ain't got sh*thouse graphics like the evil piece of software windwaker. THat was the only the thing that stopped me getting a gamecube.
    I hope your not serious,Winwaker was a really awesome game,its not the graphics its the story and the gameplay it rocked so much,and ganon the evil dude that appeared in every zelda game looks the best in this one,and he sports 2 swords and a chinese martial arts style sword fighting.
    Texas is Gods country! - SFTS
    SFTS = The rest =

:joins queue for WW graphics praising: WW graphics were really good, they don't look so great in screenshots but when the game is moving they are so expressive. I love the way Link's eyes follow people and look about for important objects. I admit to hating the new look when it was first revealed, but as they refined the graphics so Link actually looked like Link I started to think they were tolerable. Then I played the game and the beauty of the world captured my attention before I left the start screen.

What killed WW for me was the boring sailing and the
    Spoiler Alert! Highlight to read. Triforce fetch quest[/QUOTE] after the tower of the Gods.

This graphics engine will be reused for the next Cube Zelda, just as TOOT was reused for Majora's Mask. As long as they put much more land in and tone down the sailing I will be a happy frog.

I think maybe we need a Zelda thread...
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Froggy... you break my heart

The sailing absolutely pwnd It was the absolute most fun thing ever in a Zelda game It was just plain cool to stop following the King of Red Lions' stupid barriers and just sail into the wide world, exploring, looking for adventure, and maybe finding a heartpiece or two It rocked Stroke of brilliance, Miyamoto

The part of the game which was so important yet seemed to bore you was one of the less exciting parts of the game to me, but was also cool. It just cost so damn much.

Also, the combat was a blast with that counter system and all, and I managed to beat the old man on Outset Island up to 500 hits without getting hit once
    Fighting darknuts and moblins was very fun, especially if we're talking 1 darknut and 2 moblins... great fun.

The final fight was undoubtedly the best boss fight ever.

Spoiler Alert! Highlight to read. No gigantic monster, no transformation, just a big long speech and a great fight with the double swords and the added effect of having a partner in battle.[/QUOTE]

And that is exactly why I think the Wind Waker is better than Ocarina of Time.

~Wiz

How can you consider trash like windwaker better than the best game of all time
    "talking poo is where I draw the line"-Eric Cartman
    Long live the resistance.

I've scooted my reply to Zelda over to the Zelda thread, try and keep things tidy.

Wind Waker was not trash, just a disappointing but good game that was marred (to me) by several design decisions I didn't like.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Senior Member Senior Member The Scourge's Avatar

Spartans ,how could I have forgotten Spartans.
    Anyone seen the battle map screen shots?
    Looks damned good.
    That's it.

No, I haven't, but you've caught my interest. Care to direct me to the screenshots?

~Wiz

Mediæval Auctoriso Member Member TheSilverKnight's Avatar

RTW
    Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars

That's it, can't think of any other.
    "I'm like the Vikings -- I come here, I steal your women, your booze, your dough, and then I go back home." ~ Wiz
    "Play RTW and wait till 1,000 people die and look at them from above. Then tell me it was worth the oil." - Byzantine Prince

If I am not limited to games actually being worked on, my list is quite easy to make:

* Rome Total War – Naturally. But more than the game itself, I am looking forward to the medieval mod that I hope someone is planning to make.

* Diablo III – Yes, it is going to be another mindless hack and slash, item hoarding, dungeon running RPG and I am going to love every minute of it playing nothing else… for about 2 months…

* Baldur’s Gate III – Come on, this game has to be made. They just have to make it. And no, Neverwinter Nights with all of its modules is not a worthy heir. I need to restore my faith in Bioware after that lame excuse for an RPG, with a soap opera story and which is no more than a shameless Xbox port (yes, I am talking about Star Wars: KotOR).

* Elder Scrolls IV – Ahh…now this one is going to be made. And it is going to keep me wandering the wilderness for many hours a day exploring the richness of the world and the open ended gameplay of another classic this series produces.

* Heroes of Might and Magic V – With 3DO gone, this game will probably never be published. Despite the cold reviews HoMM IV received, I loved it at least as much as I loved the previous games in the series; each one has a certain charm to it that I couldn’t find in any other turn base strategy game.

* Nameless MMORPG – I yearn for the day that someone decides that this genre has enough EverQuest clones, stop aiming for the lowest common dominator of online gamers, put the Roleplaying back into MMORPGs and make a game where your actions truly matter, your character can be truly unique and the world is more than a theme park. I admit that half a million paying customers may be more appealing to game publishers but eventually someone will be willing to take a chance and try something new and refreshing.

Ok, so I have six games on my wish list. Sue me. Or scratch the MMORPG (we all know that it will turn to be another EQ clone anyway) if you promise to give me the other five.

- barvaz

warlore.org - An online M2TW game data browser.

Senior Member Senior Member The Scourge's Avatar

[quote=The Wizard,Feb. 29 2004,10:51]No, I haven't, but you've caught my interest. Care to direct me to the screenshots?

www.slitherine.co.uk

Can't get that link thing to work.
    Anyway ,there ya go.

That's it.

Senior Member Senior Member Ser Clegane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (barvaz @ Feb. 29 2004,16:01)]* Heroes of Might and Magic V – With 3DO gone, this game will probably never be published. Despite the cold reviews HoMM IV received, I loved it at least as much as I loved the previous games in the series; each one has a certain charm to it that I couldn’t in any other turn base strategy.
    AFAIK, Ubisoft is now owning the Might & Magic brands and there is currently a team developing HOMM 5 (fortunately the team also includes members of the former dev. teams)

Here is a link for some further information:

HOMM 5

Personally I liked HOMM 3 better than HOMM 4 - I don't know what it was exactly, but somehow I did not like how the heroes worked in battle (actually overall I liked the battles, e.g., castle sieges, in HOMM 3 better)

The Anger Shaman of the .Org Content Manager Voigtkampf's Avatar

Well, there is another baby now that I'm looking forward to; Star Wars Battlefront

Today is your victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings, The Water Book

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12