View Poll Results: Poll: Which old flame should I reinstall? - Memories.........of the way we were.....

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • SM's Alpha Centauri

15 71.43%
  • Janes WW2 Fighters

6 28.57%

Thread: Poll: Which old flame should I reinstall?

All this talk round here has got me hankerin' after the good ole days......whaddya reckon?
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

You probably coulda guessed, but SMAC, all the way

Although, it's not the kinda thing you can pick up and play for a mission or something. 10+ hours for a single game is an investment.

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Well, I'm only familiar with Alpha Centauri, but I enjoyed playing that game very much. It was one of the first games I modded, making my own factions that corresponded roughly to the DUNE factions. Hmm, maybe I'll dig that one out soon too. It's been quite a while ... .
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

Jane's Never played the other that's why

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

Ah... ye olde i need to play this game 'cause I was made nostalgic-syndrome.

The game I reinstall usually keeps me busy for about an hour or two and then I'm bored again ^^

~Wiz
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

Mount Suribachi have you decided yet? If you have I'll lock this poll, I don't like zombie polls arising from the dead every few weeks and wandering about the forums exuding a smell of decay...
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

*sniff* . . . *sniffsniff*.

Oh, sorry. That was me.

Don't worry about it Mysterium. It is one of those well known facts that polls always arise from their graves to reappear months after they were created, I always stake the polls through the heart and throw some garlic in the coffin as soon as they are completely dead to prevent this. I'm a tidy frog Also it is less work for me as I don't end up reading half the poll topic again looking for the new post only to find there is no new post because the patron only voted. I hate reading stuff from months ago, only to get a feeling of deja vous before I look at the dates and see how old everything is...the entrance hall has given me some nasty shocks like this.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Oh, no, the poll wasn't me. Don't know who that was. I was referring the the smell of death and decay . . .

Oh, excuse froggy as she is being bothered by idiotic wrong number phonecalls while trying to read, and that never helps concentration. I live in hope that one day people will read the phone book and find my house is not a garage Ahem, here you go :hands Mysterium some Old Spice aftershave: That should sort the smell

Ah, many thanks. :bows: I'll apply it after my next yearly bathing.

Yes thankyou froggy, they both now reside on my HD :D

Just give me a moment to say goodbye.

Goodbye old flame poll

"I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Hurrah This poll keeps popping back into the top 5 topics, then it sinks, then rises again. It's like some kind of boomerang