Thread: The X-Box Thread

Exclamation

Just wanted to start a thread dedicated to x-box talk. It is also a request. The X-Box, of all the systems, has arguably the worst library of games of the three current popular consoles. I currently own Soul Calibur 2, one of the best fighting games around, a stupid Tetris/Clones Wars thing that game with the system, A Woods Golf game, also extremely fun, and Gladius, which I have just bought and am beginning to play.

Which is all good and everything, but there really isn't much else that has caught my eye.
    *Lehesu searching for good X-Box games on internet*

So, if anyone has any real good X-Box games that they could recommend, it would be appreciated.

P.S. I own Halo for Pc and will get KOTOR for Pc, so those aren't fair game.

~Thanks
    Innovative Soy Solutions (TM) for a dynamically changing business environment.

AKA Leif 3000 TURBO Senior Member Leet Eriksson's Avatar

I liked Deathrow,that game was cool,also you might want to try the upcoming fable game,also prince of persia for X-box sports the 2 classic PoP games if you wanna try that also,i also recommend X-box live and the newly released Ninja Gaiden.
    Texas is Gods country! - SFTS
    SFTS = The rest =

Well, the big 3 Xbox games are Halo, KOTOR & Splinter Cell.

There are very few Xbox only games, most are also available on the PC or PS2/GC, reflecting its part console, part PC status.

However, I shall endevour to list some of the better Xbox games (apart from Halo & KOTOR)

Splinter Cell
    Morrowind
    Max Payne
    Max Payne 2
    Secret Weapons over Normandy
    Crimson Skies

off the top of my head. Then of course theres all the generic multi-format sports games, which will always look better on the Xbox than the PS2/GC but not as good as on a top notch PC
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

KOTOR
    Max payne 2
    Project Gotham
    Halo
    Morrowind (although get the PC version)
    Kung Fu Chaos is a fun game for multiplayer
    Baldurs gate Dark Alliance 2
    If you havn't already got them the GTA games are worth it (especcially Vice City)
    Splinter Cell
    Fable

Hmm, tough one - not much really interesting on the x-box at the moment. Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy (read my gushing in the Zelda thread for details), Prince of Persia Sands of Time, Beyond Good and Evil...think that's about it and they are all multi format titles, really good games but not exclusives. I have the PS2 versions thanks to them being massively reduced either on Amazon or in town, BGaE is especially cheap on all platforms - more than half price because it got crowded out of the market at Christmas, a real bargin. Most of the good stuff (to me) is months away from release or called KOTOR.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Senior Member Senior Member gaelic cowboy's Avatar

Try these for the XBOX
    XII
    MAX PAYNE 2
    HITMAN 2
    PROJECT GOTHAM RACING
    DEUS EX2 (personaly if you get ths one get it for pc)
    HALO 2 is on the cards soon
    SPLINTER CELL
    MEDAL OF HONOUR

They slew him with poison afaid to meet him with the steel
    a gallant son of eireann was Owen Roe o'Neill.

Internet is a bad place for info Gaelic Cowboy

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

X-box is the poor man's pc. No real reason to buy one if you allready have a high end computer imho. It is still the most powerfull console, it needs more exclusive titles.

Senior Member Hopefull Member MiniKiller's Avatar

I have an xbox but rarely use it, I have halo thats the only one i play. Only keeping the box for Halo 2.

I dont see any advantage. Most good games coming on on Box are for PS2 aswell so I get em there cause of better controller.
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

AKA Leif 3000 TURBO Senior Member Leet Eriksson's Avatar

one thing that lets me buy xbox ports over Ps2 ones are the shorter(incredily shorter)loading times and improved textures,compare max payne 2 with the xbox and ps2 versions,i have all 3,no i'm not a maniac or something,but i have all 3 and altho the PC version is the best,the Xbox has better textures and loading time compared to the PS2 version..but yeah the controller is kinda annoying...but eventually you'll get used to it.
    Texas is Gods country! - SFTS
    SFTS = The rest =

I agree with faisal Xbox has great graphics I had to fight over getting Morrowind on Xbox or Pc and Halo has some of the best graphics I have seen
    When a finger points at the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]X-box is the poor man's pc. No real reason to buy one if you allready have a high end computer imho. It is still the most powerfull console, it needs more exclusive titles.
    It does need some more exclusive titles, Halo 2 should be good. I have an XBOX, PC, PS2 + Gamecube and the Xbox is the console i mostly play. Although i do want to get Final fantasy X-2.

Thing is, upgrading to a cutting edge pc gets so prohibitively expensive that buying a console becomes a much more feasible solution. Hell, an x-box costs the same as a good graphics card, not to mention all the other stuff you have to buy to have a good game pc.

Ninja Gaiden, me wants Ninja Gaiden. More to add, I'm going to make a spectacularly unordinal thing which I wouldn't usually do: I'm going to get my hands on Official Xbox Magazine, preferrably on March edition. containing the Ninja Gaiden demo.
    Can't wait to do some hack'n'slash.

*SLASH* *ZUT* *PAFF* *SLICE*

Cheers, World

Just an Oldfart Member Basileus's Avatar

The latest one ive played was top Spin and iits the best tennis game on the market, so if you like tennis games get it..playing on xboxlive realy fun that i promise

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Lehesu @ Mar. 04 2004,01:36)]Thing is, upgrading to a cutting edge pc gets so prohibitively expensive that buying a console becomes a much more feasible solution. Hell, an x-box costs the same as a good graphics card, not to mention all the other stuff you have to buy to have a good game pc.
    Exactly why I got an xbox. I was sick of constantly having to upgrade my PC just to keep playing games. You can buy an Xbox for the same price as a budget gfx card now. Now more upgrades, no more installation problems, no more conflicts, no more games that don't support some part of my system. Just plug in and play

Of course, theres other things I *can't* do with my xbox - mods, patches etc. But you pays yer money and you takes yer choice
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Hmm, by the way, Gladius is a very good, deep rpg/strat. Cheap too, at only 30 bucks. Lucasarts put some good work into it and it is surprisingly deep as an rpg. Might want to give it a try, especially on the x-box since its the only one with blood and cranks gfx and load screens fast.