Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Crusader Kings

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Efrem Da King @ Mar. 10 2004,03:46)]hmm....

I want to buy CK EU2 And V. Play all the way from early middle ages to 1920.
    basically all ancient games up to the invention of gunpowder are great... but when you get to games that just has units of guys with guns firing at eachother I get bored really quickly
    give me sword, shield, or magic any day

EU2 is more strategically than CK, but they are both better in that aspect than MTW. I like them both, but CK is my clear favourite because of the setting and dynasty building. Bear in mind CK is still early in the Paradox patching process, so there are a few issues; on the whole it is now fixed up and perfectly playable, I just don't want to sell this to you and lead you to expect something nearly flawless. It will receive many more patches in the future, with Paradox that is always guaranteed.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Tovenaar Senior Member The Wizard's Avatar

I still miss fighting battles, but now am enjoying gaining control of the Holy Roman Empire slowly and steadily through marriage.

~Wiz
    "It ain't where you're from / it's where you're at."

Eric B. & Rakim, I Know You Got Soul

Cool, unfortunately I need more money I'm meant to be getting a PS2, R:TW and now CKs, thank god for my bday

Is it hard to do a WC from early on (1066) till CK's end?

Anyways, today phoned pcmedia if they received the wrongly delivered game that I had send back to them and whether they send the right package this time, but apparently they didn't have CK in stock anymore and it could take until next week before it arrives again.. Just maybe it'll still arrive this week. If I still not have the game, I'll have to make a phonecall next week to them and get an update. Either CK is in high demand or it's ordered few in numbers.

Waiting patiently until it arrives and I'll be able to play from 1066, and crusade like a madman, to at least 1820 (at the moment I've installed the no-time-limit patch for EU2 and I'm thinking about using it again when CK arrives).

PS. Boy oh boy EU2 can be tough to conquer other countries with

Southpaw Samurai Member Ii Naomasa's Avatar

Thumbs up

My lord Our best thinkers have come up with a most spectacular invention: CHICKENS

So, am I playing Crusader Kings or Burger King? I know that's not exactly how that 'discovery' is worded, but I just about busted a gut the first time I was told that we came across the chicken technology, even though I knew what it was referring to.

I ordered this game directly and it arrived about a week ago. The only thing truly negative I can say is that I'm currently working on a new relationship and it's hard to tell a girlfriend early on, Let me reconquer Catholic Spain first, much less, Sorry, I was busy killing off my king's old wife so he can get it on with a nubile young princess and have more babies.

Crusader Kings is a blast. I dislike the way crusades tend to be a lose-lose situation (as has been mentioned in the thread already) and how it seems no one but you ever goes on crusades unless its your allies or vassals after you declare war...and then they go on rampages attacking multiple factions and often getting more their homelands captured than anything else. At first I was put off by how unwieldy a large empire is, but eventually realized how accurate that aspect is. After all, the King of Ireland should have a hard time keeping the lords of previously pagan north eastern European lands in line. I'm constantly checking on my dukes and independent counts to see if any are thinking of revolting. Then my king goes insane and all bets are off...

Very fun.
    Naomasa Ii
    Vices & Virtues:
    Verbal Diarrhea: This general can't ever say or write anything in less than three paragraphs. Can't even yell 'Charge' without a soliloquy. -3 to command.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678