Thread: A few questions....

Often when playing on desert maps, my teammate says let your men rest before we attack but when I leave them to rest, there fatigue leval just dosent decrease atall.

I decided to do some testing in custom battle mode and ran a unit of halbs around the map untill there fatigue leval was "very tired" then I waited for 5 minutes and there fatigue dident budge so I went and made a cup of tea which took about 4 minutes and when I returned they stil had not changed. Did I not wait lnog enough or does resting your men do nothing?

Also I heard that armour points will make your units fatigue much faster than units with no armour boost... is this true?
    "Courage is someone who's scared to death and saddle's up anyway" ~ John Wayne.

Senior Member Senior Member 1dread1lahll's Avatar

Any unit with more than an armour rating of 4 will do nothing but give up fatigue in desert summer, and never recover any. Even if never moved after about 10-15 min they are totally exhausted....dont take armored units into the desert summer unless you plan to rush at start. A unit guide listing base armour and other stats can be found with-in the orgs pages....

I know all about the units but can units recover from fatigue by staying still and if so, how long do hey need to be static for to recover from fatigue?

Also, for example if I had a unit of order foot with 3 armour and another order foot with 0 armour will both fatigue at the same rate or will the unit with 3 armour fatigue faster?
    "Courage is someone who's scared to death and saddle's up anyway" ~ John Wayne.

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

i have found upgrading armor does not effect the rate of fatigue enough to notice a difference. However as Lahll stated, any unit with a base armor of more than 4 (No Upgrades). Will fatigue quickly and never recover any back, no matter if they rest or not. The other unis with less than 4 base armor stats will recover fatigue slowly, maybe one bar or two, if you rest them. You would have to ask Yuuki or Tosa, they may have run tests such as this and know the answer better than I.

I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Yuuki discussed these issues here:
    http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin....;t=8373

I think its the 3rd post up from the bottom. Puzz3d is Yuuki.

I believe he concluded (either in that thread or elsewhere) that you can recover energy at almost the same rate as you spent it. I.e. if you march for 2.5 minutes then you must rest for 2.5 before recovering the energy.

There are also what I would call "global fatigue tiers" that apply to all units--even ones that are standing. Eventually, all standing units will fatigue down to an equilibrium (desert and armor change things a bit, but the global fatigue still exists) based on the time that has elapsed since the start of the game. All units start with 4 bars, then drop to 3 bars after Xtime, then 2 bars, etc.

You can only recover up to the gobal fatigue tier the game has progressed to. I.e. if standing units have dropped down to 3 bars, then there is no way any unit can recover to 4 bars by resting.

That is my understanding of the fatigue system-- I might be wrong and I might be misremembering what Yuuki said. As for the exact times, Yuukis post offers some but the best way to find out is to test it yourself.
    Hunter_Bachus

My tests were done in arid conditions where armor doesn't have any affect on fatigue. The recovery rate is higher as you go to lower fatigue states, but the most you can ever get back to after 40 minutes is 2 bars in arid conditions.

In desert, armor increases the fatigue rate so the equilibrium point is lower, and armor 4 seems to be where you start to notice fatigue is greater. Well, that's what my multiplayer experience is which agrees with Elmo and Lahll. I checked this in single player custom battle and found that armor made no difference in fatigue, and the standing fatigue equilibrium point was 2 bars. So in custom battle desert is behaving like arid, but I don't think that's the case in multiplayer.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2