Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 3135

Thread: BKB Super Mod

Default Re: BKB Super Mod

Yes, that helped. Thank you very much!

Hi! I downloaded the mod, got it running, downloaded the patch, etc. I immediately tried custom battle and no matter who I picked, the flags(as in faction standards) were just black boxes. I changed the battle resoultion and it didnt work...Just hoping someone could help me with that cuz im confused....
    Don't follow in my footsteps: I run into walls.

This also happens to me in campaign battle mode too...
    Don't follow in my footsteps: I run into walls.

I'm having problems. I downloaded the mod and installed it in my MTW folder (under Creative Assembly in Program files), and it doesn't work! I open the game, and I get the original! What is happening? Is there a bug? Did I download it or save improperly? Might my computer be too old? The mod sounds awesome but I haven't managed to get it to work.

Ok, so now when I select a time period, Super mod is available. But no map shows up to the right, and if I try to select it MTW crashes. What've I done?

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

Try installing it again. Install it over the same folder you did last time, maybe something interrupted your computer when it was going.

If that doesn't work, maybe try a new, fresh version of MTW (reinstall MTW), then try again with the Super Mod. Honestly, if that doesn't work, it sounds like you might have to download BKB Super Mod again (Which is really nasty if not impossible if you're on 56k dialup).

But try those two first: #1 install Super Mod again. Then #2 reinstall MTW then install Super Mod.

I recommend to keep trying at it as the Super Mod is one of the best mods around.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Ok, thanks. Yeah, my computer is really old and slow. I think I'll try it on my newer laptop.

Post Re: BKB Super Mod

Hi mtwfan
    This is a bug with the installers file path - you just need to do a little bit of manual overwriting yourself to get it to work.

If I remember rightly, to start with you will need to open up the 2.0 installer.

Follow the on-screen instructions till you get to point where it requests details of where you want to install it to. Give it the file path "[hard drive letter]:\Program Files". Typically, this will be "C:\Program Files".

Once the mod has finished installing itself. Navigate to where you "installed" it to ("[hard drive letter]:\Program Files" typically "C:\Program Files").

Find a folder labeled "Medieval - Total War" and rename it "Medieval - Total War - Gold Edition".

After that, locate a folder named "The Creative Assembly". Drag and drop the "Medieval - Total War - Gold Edition" folder into it. If things are going as they should the computer will request permission to overwrite files. Simply select "Yes to all".

Once the process is complete, you should, if everything went to plan, have a working version of BKB's Supermod v2.0 installed over your copy of M:TW.

After you have gone through that, you can download and install the v2.1 patch. This is not required, but is recommended to fix gameplay bugs and similar issues. This process, however, is much more simple.

Firstly, lauch the installer and, as before, follow the instructions till it requests details of where to install the mod.

Type in "[hard drive letter]\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Medieval - Total War - Gold Edition". Typically this will be "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Medieval - Total War - Gold Edition".

Select to continue, and the installation should proceed.

Once the process is complete, patch 2.1 should have installed normally over v2.0.

Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

It works! Oh, it is awesome! Really cool! I really like Georgia. Thinking about Wallachia or the Ilkhanids next. Thanks for helping me out. I only wish there was a functioning glorious achievements mode, but oh well.

Hmm, there seem to be some problems. I can't seem to upgrade my castles (enlarge them, or make them higher level), so that is annoying. Did I screw something up with the download? Or is that a common bug fixed by the 2.1 patch? Also, I was playing as the Hungarians and suddenly my emissary disappeared. He was gone. No joke. Otherwise, love the mod.

Hi!!
    Has anybody noticed how overpowered and underpriced Byzantine Skutatos are?
    I've tested them many times in custom battle mode.They may be spears, but these 100 man Byzantine badasses nearly always beat Chivalric FootKnights and can often beat Varangian Guard.
    Try it and see!!!!!!!

Byzantine Spearmen cost 275 and Chivalric FootKnights cost 550- that's twice the price and 60 men less!! You don't need any other foot when you've got Byzantine Skutatos - they naturally beat cavalry plus the best foot soldiers your enemy can field!! Why buy anything else??

So why is this?
    I'm no modding expert, but the main difference between Byzantine Spearmen and other good spear (Chivalric sergeants or Saracen inantry or Italian infantry for example) is Byzantine Spearmen get melee 2 (the aforementioned spear get melee -1 or 0). It looks to me like raising melee to 2 makes 100 man spear units deadly. (Maybe that why in vanilla MTW no spear unit had melee above 0; except for dismounted nobles and Royal Bodyguard - but these 2 units are much smaller in size 40 and 20 men respectively and cost 400 and 300 respectively.

Also I believe, because they are spear, they get melee bonuses from ranks of men behind; something swords and axe don't get.
    Hospitaller spearmen (melee 2 )do a similar job for 300.
    When I pit Chivalric FootKnights against Chivalric sergeants or Order footsoldiers (melee -1 or 0), the
    Chivalric FootKnights win every time.

Question Re: please, help me.

※ My English is not so good. please excuse my English.

My MTW is Gold Edition, and my OS is XP SP3 custom.
    i installed BKB mod(2.0 & 2.1)
    and i launched MTW. select an age and a faction. but i can't play. because after loading the game was go out.
    i don't know why. so, please help me.

Default CRASH! :(

When I start a "super campaign" (be it early, high or late), the game crashes after the loading bar has filled up.

Here's how I did:

1. Installed MTW
    2. Installed Viking Invasion
    3. Installed BKB SuperMod 2.0
    4. Installed the BKB SuperMod 2.1 patch

I also made that "DEADPAGE" thingy with the textfiles in the Textures\Men folder.

Hi Brynjolfr,

Is it possible you got a folder :Medieval totalwar in you Total war directory? if so you might have instal this wrong.
    I got the samme problem a few years ago, just copy that folder in your main directory. Its really worth playing
    I hope BKB commes on the forum from time till time

Quote Originally Posted by axel View Post
    Hi Brynjolfr,

Is it possible you got a folder :Medieval totalwar in you Total war directory? if so you might have instal this wrong.
    I got the samme problem a few years ago, just copy that folder in your main directory. Its really worth playing
    I hope BKB commes on the forum from time till time
    Still doesn't work :(

EDIT: I tried to start a campaign without the mod installed, and the game crashed at the exact same place. No wonder the mod didn't work :P
    Last edited by Brynjolfr; 11-16-2009 at 22:47.

Hi mate,

What grafic card do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Brynjolfr View Post
    Still doesn't work :(

EDIT: I tried to start a campaign without the mod installed, and the game crashed at the exact same place. No wonder the mod didn't work :P
    This is a common problem. This will fix it: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...48&postcount=3

I fixed the problem. It was resolution related.

I was going to try out BKB Supermod, but the link for the patch 2.1 was dead.
    The link for both Mod and patch is:
    http://www.atomicgamer.com/search.ph...hType=Any+Type
    (Don't know what "patch old" is)

Maybe someone can change this for the download page.

Very nice mod. Like all the new buildings/units etc.
    Last edited by William the Silent; 02-02-2010 at 00:15.

Quote Originally Posted by mtwfan View Post
    Hmm, there seem to be some problems. I can't seem to upgrade my castles (enlarge them, or make them higher level), so that is annoying. Did I screw something up with the download?
    If my memory (it's been a while) is correct, in the BKB mod you have to build/upgrade the STONEMASON building to the next level before you can ungrade your castle in that province. So nothing is wrong, you just overlooked one of the little "extras" in the mod.
    My father's sole piece of political advice: "Son, politicians are like underwear - to keep them clean, you've got to change them often."

Awesome mod, Super Late is probably the best campaign from all medieval mods.
    I only had problems with some battles which couldn't load(eg. in Cordoba).

I'll send next post now, because there is some stupid restriction that I can't post links unless I got at least 1 post...
    Sorry for my bad English.

Few screens from my finished Venetian campaign, quite easy, now trying Bohemia, hard, but it's funny to have Orebites before even Jan Hus birth :P But I think, I'll try Age of Warlords first.

Ultimate killing machines(it's from almost campaign's end, as you can see I modded few units to be recruitable for me, I want to try them at last - but english mma and turkish jajas are from bribery :P):
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You can't do this even in Assassin's Creed:

Moldavians were indoctrinated so many times that they are now most religious people in the world:
    Last edited by huth; 01-29-2011 at 02:01.

Welcome to the Ord, huth, and thank you for the post!

BKB doesn't receive much publicity nowadays, and your post has caused me to consider experimenting with it for the first time myself (I have never downloaded it!).

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I only had problems with some battles which couldn't load(eg. in Cordoba).
    Is it a CTD or battle just doesn't finish loading. Try to post error info you get. If you don't see it: alt-tab and alt-tab again. It should display error window on top of the screen (at least it works that way on win XP). From which province Cordoba was attacked?
    I have BKB mod installed so if you send me an appropriate saved game I'll check it myself. I can try to fix it but I need more information.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Crashes didn't happen only in Cordoba but in other provinces also and there is like these provinces are permanently bugged, no way to battle there. I don't remember all of them, but I know I had problems with Cordoba, Aragon and Epirus.

I check random save (http://www.speedyshare.com/files/265...tians_1404.cpg) and in that one I'm attacking Aragon: one army from Gascony, another from Toulouse and also bribed army in Aragon. After 1/3 of loading bar game crashes with message 'medieval_tw.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close'. I try to attack with army only from Toulouse or Gascony, only with bribed army - always is an error.

In game folder in crash.txt is this:
    medieval_tw.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module medieval_tw.exe at 001B:00408E29
    EAX=0013ABC9 EBX=00000038 ECX=00000002 EDX=00000002 ESI=0000001B
    EDI=05102008 EBP=00000200 ESP=0013AB70 EIP=00408E29 FLG=00210206
    CS=001B DS=0023 SS=0023 ES=0023 FS=003B GS=0000
    001B:00408E29 (0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000 0x00000000) medieval_tw.exe

I play on XP Pro SP3, GF 6600GT(especially changed from newer gf :P), Athlon 64 1.8GHz 3000+, in windowed mode(added parameter in shorcut's properities), nvidia drivers 260.99(maybe older drivers would be better...?), what else... BKB 2.1, Med: VI 2.01 separately installed from some old cd copies :P - I bought Polish release of Gold Edition, but font and transaltion is... eh... not good :P)

Edit: Lol, now I've noticed you're from Poland, too :P PM me in polish if you don't want to write here in english :)
    Last edited by huth; 01-29-2011 at 15:54.

Nice to see someone from Poland. I'll write here in English for now. Maybe others will find it interesting and helpful.

I've checked your save. Hmm... "checked" it's not the best word cause the game freezes a second after I hit "end turn" (system stops to respond too).
    What I've found: There are many totally empty crusade stacks all around the map. Right-clicking of one of them give you an error message which you can skip by hitting enter but it can give a CTD too. The game freezes during Turkish turn and I've found that Turks have 2 Ilkhanate's empty crusades in their provinces. Additional 3 empty Russian crusades waits in Georgia. Resolving a battle with such a crusade can surely cause CTD.
    Solution: I doubt there is any solution for your ongoing campaign. Quick solution for any new campaign will be probably disabling the crusades for all factions in unit_prod file. If you don't know how to do it I can make it for you.

I'll try to fix the crusade issue but I can't promise you this. btw It reminds me a somewhat similar problem in early Pike & Musket mod version (revolting armies full of spies and emissaries ).
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

What? Crusades? There aren't any crusade on the map :P This is how eg. Georgia looks in my game on that savegame:

ok. Forget the previous post. First, we need to have the same mod version. Do you have 2.1 version? I don't want to make a mess in this thread so answer me by pm.

I now have access to an older computer and can play Medieval Total War again. It's been about 3 years since my Pentium 4 terminated and I really missed these MTW mods. The BKB Super Mod is right at the top of the list of must have. What a great mod this is.

Does this mod correct Gendarmes? By that I mean make them the best heavy cavalry in the game, instead of a replacement or light cavalry without a lance?

Check the Wiki page
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gendarme_%28historical%29

I just noticed that the faction names are garbled.

EDIT:

It seems to crash randomly when I am selecting units in custom battles.

EDIT:2
    Okay I found the problem. I hadn't installed it properly.

The Khazar Kaganate cannot build synagogues. Their religion should be Jewish at this point. It shows them as Muslim
    Last edited by Imperiumiv; 08-04-2011 at 18:58.

Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105 LastLast