Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Rome Fan Project

Scipio,

The defrag report was very helpful. There is a file on my computer that is 1.01gigs and I can't delete it or uninstall it. It's just JUNK I'd like the memory back. I don't think this doesn't effect the MOD though.

I've done allot of different things to help. It seems my Virtual Memory was low and thus causing a crash. I was able to fix this and also downloaded a patch incase the fix doesn't stick.

The MOD is just fine. I am back to working on it. The Info-Pics are taking allot of time.

Great news good to here were back in buisness
    When a finger points at the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.
    -- Confucius

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

Can you tell me the reason you need info pics, just use the same picture, and get this mod out, we want to play, and kick @$$
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

patioence my dear lad patience, it will be out soon enough you just have to take a few breathers.
    -- Confucius

Well lets see it was December 11th, and today is the 14th 15th. One way to wait is to read a book, blay handball or drink hey who needs this project.
    (minutes later)
    Oh my *** did I just deny the need of MTW, what is this world coming to AhhhhhA give me that mod

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Well, I can see Somebody has ants in their pants. Sorry the wait is making you but with all the and and and and and and computer problems I haven't worked on it in about a week.

But on the plus side I've decided to release it sort of "AS IS" I'm just deleting some things that don't work and to heck with the Info PICS for now. I am also not including the War elephant with the ballista as there are some small bumps to fix but lack of free time dictates. Anyhow, I am hopeful to have this True BETA release prior to Christmas. I am calling it a True Beta because there will be plenty that is not finished and perhaps even errors will occur

Mediæval Auctoriso Member Member TheSilverKnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Metal Storm @ Dec. 16 2003,13:11)]Well, I can see Somebody has ants in their pants. Sorry the wait is making you but with all the and and and and and and computer problems I haven't worked on it in about a week.
    ooh ooh don't forget
    "I'm like the Vikings -- I come here, I steal your women, your booze, your dough, and then I go back home." ~ Wiz
    "Play RTW and wait till 1,000 people die and look at them from above. Then tell me it was worth the oil." - Byzantine Prince

Hey MS any uptdate or is your computer crashing again?
    Bump
    keep up the good work

Any news Metal Storm?

Antalis
    »Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

Tell me some good news ms plz tell some good news Im hoping were near completion and Im coming home toummorow so plz put my mind at rest
    -- Confucius

My sincere Apologies to all. My computer went KA-PUT. I was attacked by spyware and AOL demons. Basically I've been without the computer for what seemed like an eternity. Anyhow, I lost much of my data but I had all the MOD files backed up prior to this . I felt it getting worse and worse so I didn't take anychances. SpyBot helped me fix much and I am no longer with AOL as they were instramental in my computer problems. I have a new email address and have to firure out which sites require me to update them and I can't remember more than a hand full. Here's AOL and Here my Middle finger
    I hate AOL.

My new plans are to release this Mod as is. I am hoping to get my High speed connection Monday and then I'll start uploading. But, this will only be a BETA version. I will continue to work on it and Upade it. There is so much more I would like the Mod to be. I am only fearful that if I upload it fairly "AS IS" nobody will be interested in playing the completed version.

Anyhow, I'm able to get on the internet again and my computer

why wouldn't we? all the other mods are in beta too and they have their own little cult following. You'll have yours, especially with 100+ units and maybe elephants (not sure what the situation is on that)

Thumbs up

Metal Storm
    Glad youv'e got your PC back can't wait for your Beta how far is it off. From what I've seem on your web site my toe niles turned up. Better late and working than not atall.
    The new year is looking up again.
    If I can help in any way just say the word. Bye the way what is the correct release title is it going to be (The First Punic War)
    Just can't wait to see them War Elephants

Aetheling Member Hross af Guttenburg's Avatar

I've been aware of this mod for a time now, but I can't get the download- anyone help? Maybe it is the FALL OF ROME ON the org downloads page, if it is that's a real bugger coz it doesn't seem to do much once I've installed it. everything looks exactly medieval still. Anyone got advice for a moron?
    or just keep me posted...
    rosalexdowning@hotmail.com

sorry, rossalexdowning@hotmail.com PS- this is really a fantastic mod, easily gives HTW and even NTW a run for the money -if looks are anything to go by.

The fall Of Rome is a different mod all together sorry no versian out yet
    -- Confucius

woah, i am working on getting the units info, but man anythign with rome, and especially with the guals......i will love a hundred times over i absolutly cannot wait to try this thing out
    All those who wander, aren't lost.

Welcome to the club we are all highly anticipating...
    -- Confucius

After testing it over and over I felt that more Factions would be best. It just seemed that after either Carthage or Rome was defeated the MOD lost its luster because there were no other REAL threats. So, I changed some things. I'll be updating my web page and should also give a better time line of the progress to those who are waiting so patiently. I like these new Smilies

Metal Storm:

What do you think about giving your mod a name?

Antalis

»Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

Yeah, we could call it "The Mod that is taking Forever to Finish"

it was just going to be "The First Punic War" but now It is not centered about the conflict but rather Rome itself.

lol , hmm what could be the name for this great mod (and I have respect for this huge work you have done)?

You could ask the people for suggestions here.

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

Maybe "Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire"?

Or simply "ROME"?

Or "ROMA VICTOR" (the sentence of Gladiator, please correct my latin if its wrong).

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

Any suggestions are welcome. Keep in mind that this is not historically accurate due to the amount of conflicting info on the web and the time consuming research. This is my fictional version based on Historical empires. I tried to bring the best or rather most fun war game aspects into this MOD from about 500bc-500Ad.

Metal Storm
    How about "ROME STORM OF METAL "

Metal Storm
    Could you use {copyright and all that) The intro video on the 2nd disc of Viking invasion this would be great for your mod would get the red mist flowing

youone,
    My copy of VI only has 1 CD. Do you have a Gold or perhaps some sort of Deluxe edition?

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

I presume he is referring to the Rome : Total War preview available on the disc. Consdering its hefty size you can simply place it yourself as an opener without CA hunting you down.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Metal Storm/NagatsukaShumi
    Yes it's the VI disc (Rome) preview Taking the size 30+MB, yes it would be best to replace it yourself If I knew how can you lead me in the right direction, can't wait to play this mod Metal Storm hope it's close to been ready, but don't rush and spoil a good mod I can wait

Given the years range won't you have to do this in Ages like the original game? the earlier eras having say Carthage and Sassanids and then the later eras the Huns and Goths and Vandals as the major powers in their stead?
    You might want to make the Alannic/Sarmatian, Germanic homelands (and Pictland) particularly prone to rebellions and such against Roman command if that is possible, so that they have a harder time in dominating those provinces as was historically so...
    Personally I think Rome TW is gonna do much of the early Empire and Republic wars, which leaves in fact the most exciting and popular era ...that of the Fall of Rome. Hordes of Huns and so on....
    by the by why is the preview site down?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast