Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Rome Fan Project

I Uploaded some Unit Info. You will need Microsoft Excel to view the Pics of the Units.

The File is called TEST_PunicWar_Unit_Info.zip (366k)

http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mtw_Uploads/MTWbeta/

I just added the Elephant_H.bif to the same place. Feel free to use it or even work on it. If you figure out how to scale it larger please let me know. Thanks.

Kanto Kanrei Member Marshal Murat's Avatar

hey are you going to post the entire mod in parts up or what?
    "Nietzsche is dead" - God

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

Re: Pursuit of happiness
    Have you just been dumped?

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

MM,
    I've been thinking about what would be best for uploading. Right now I am still finding missing descriptions and Tweaking details like that. I just want it to be a fairly clean beta version with as few bugs as possible.
    What I'd like to do is put it all on CD and mail it to somebody who has high-speed cable (Within the USA) that would be willing to help me clear up the beta and upload it to the Org for me when we complete it.
    There are so many files and so many things I changed I am sure I will miss something when I zip it into groups. I would like to put it all on CD and Mail it. Then have whomever gets the CD unzip it and play with it and let me know if they find something missing. That way I could email the missing files or Upload them to my site and then have them add the missing files to the zip.
    Of course this would be asking allot of somebody so I am reluctant to post a help request. In the mean time I'm still tweaking it.
    Today I decided to add greater loyalty bonuses to all provincial governors because on Expert there are far too many Revolutions within the Carthaginian Empire.
    I watched football most of the day so I didn't work on it much. All I can really say is it is not ready just yet but getting there.

Well just upload the files. Then they ask What happened to this file? and you can post a correct version. or just have some people beta, see if there are any problems, and fix them in due course.

"I agree, although I support China I support anyone discovering things for Science and humanity." - lenin96

I ask because it's usually something like that which causes outbursts like this, needless to say I dissagree completely.

Okay, I think it is time to move this to the Dungeon - Alchemist lab forum.

Keep up the good work Metal Storm. You've developed a small following.
    This space intentionally left blank

You could maybe post the files at your site, Loc, Campmap, Battle, etc etc.

so do you have a lot of bugs to work out? We're all very eager to play.

I've got Bad News & good News to those who are eagerly awaiting this MOD.

Bad:
    -I am Delaying the Release. Unknown for how long but Hoping Before Christmas and more than likely after Nov 31.

Good:
    -I got the War Elephants to work I was able to Tweak all the Crusader props and the War elephant now is 2x the size of a horse and dwarfs the men. I will definitely have at least 1 Body Bif Type of a war elephant. I figured it could be made to have different types of projectiles. Along that same Line of thought I was thinking it would be cool to have a balista mounted on top of the elephant for a different type of unit. Too far fetched? I will have to create the 3D model still but I think it will be real cool.
    So I am thinking of a few different unit types to make from these.

--War elephant (with Carage/Basket on back):
    --Unit1: Javelin Thrower
    --Unit2: LongBow Archer(because it's more powerful)
    --Unit3: Naphtha thrower (I know not in the time period but I'd love to see the destruction&#33

--War elephant (with Balista on back):
    --Unit1: Balista

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

I uploaded some PICS. Here is a direct link to the new War Elephant PICS.

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mezz.../Elephant.html

I tried to take a few angles to show the different sizes.

Be warned my web page is a free Angelfire account so it only has 1gz of bandwidth. If it goes over the Max it will shut down for 2 hours then come back up. Sorry.

Senior Member Senior Member shand994's Avatar

WOW not bad.

" 'I freed you, and this is your gratitude?'
    'You delivered pain. Unacceptable. I am not one to feel pain. I only deliver it.'"

I can´t see the image, but its great that you got the war - elephant to work

»Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

Metal storm,

any chance that you make a chariot?

LLB
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

Napoleon

Hahah I knew you would find a way nicely done cant wait for the release
    When a finger points at the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.
    -- Confucius

Wow those elephants look really good Metal

Awsome Metal, can't wait to see an army of them tumblinig across the plain. And the best thing is that I can move across the Alps without losing one.

Red face

FYI, I just had to share my pain...

I had a little scare yesterday. I went to install a blank version of MTW to do some tests and my CD would not install I almost flipped out

I had to contact tech support to help. I was afraid the CD had been damaged and I'd have to go buy a new one.
    It took all day trying to figure out what the problem was. I Defraged the computer and it finally installed OK.
    But when I installed it I accidentally installed over my Rome MOD

Luckily I had just backed up all the files So, tragedy was averted and I finally got to get some sleep

Yorkist Senior Member NagatsukaShumi's Avatar

God knows I know what system failures are like.....although I never backed up lol

Good to hear everythings ok.
    RIP TosaInu
    Ja Mata

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Zitat[/b] (Metal Storm @ Nov. 21 2003,11:27)]FYI, I just had to share my pain...

I had a little scare yesterday. I went to install a blank version of MTW to do some tests and my CD would not install I almost flipped out

I had to contact tech support to help. I was afraid the CD had been damaged and I'd have to go buy a new one.
    It took all day trying to figure out what the problem was. I Defraged the computer and it finally installed OK.
    But when I installed it I accidentally installed over my Rome MOD

Luckily I had just backed up all the files So, tragedy was averted and I finally got to get some sleep
    lol , PLEASE burn it on CD, time by time , please, we need your mod
    »Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

can we have a progress update?

*bump*

Sorry to keep everybody waiting so long for this Mod, I just want it to be complete and to my satisfaction.
    I haven't had as much time as I anticipated to work on it.
    Progress is steady although much slower due to my crazy schedule and the up coming holidays. Not to mention I downloaded NTW and got the itch to play it. So far I've resisted but I think this holiday weekend I might give in to the temptation to play it.

I guess the big new is the addition of the Scorpio Ballista. I'm jumping back and forth on what I'm working on. Mostly new additions and debugging. At this point I really can't give a good update because I am juggling so much right now. Over the weekend I will have a better Idea of where I am because I'll actually have the time to look at everything.

Sorry it's not much of an update I apologize for the delays.

well thats cool I geusse your really on fine tuning then? just finding little things to do? Scorpion ballista sounds cool do you think you can show screens of it soon?
    -- Confucius

Just a small update, I counted the number of New units (Not including Agents or Naval units) and it was 169.

169 new units
    67 Original (Including agents and Naval units)
    It works out to be about 17 Altered Unit Sprite Bifs and about 7 new ones.

Just an FYI. Though you might like to know. Back to Modding I go

I just wanted to update everybody because you have all been very patient. I am experiencing system stability problems.
    At first I thought it was the MOD. I have MTW installed on the computer in 2 different locations, 1 for the MOD and 1 Clean version. I now realize both crash to desktop about 5 seconds after it all loads up on the campaign map. So I am now thinking its a definite system problem and not the MOD.
    I'll keep you posted.

screenshots screenshots i want screenshots please
    Cattle die
    All men are mortal
    But word-fame never dies
    Nor a noble name
    Kinsmen die
    All men are mortal
    But one thing never dies
    The glory of the great dead

mods! mods! mods! ... i need bigger hard drive

-Hasdrubal Barca of Iberia

i concur screenshots plz?
    -- Confucius

I can only give you old screen shots because the game keeps crashing a few seconds after the campaign map loads up. You can find some old screens at the link in my signature below. Sorry. This problem has been plaguing me for almost a week now

oh yes i forgot about that so does this mean you havent done any work on it lately?
    -- Confucius

I have been working on a few things and when I went to test them CRASH For a few days I was undoing my updated work but as it turns out I believe the MOD is OK but my computer system is having a problem with it. I discovered this when I went to play the "Clean" installation of MTW VI and it crashed just the same.

I've been checking support forums for possible problems but so far none of the fixes have worked.

Anyhow, I have not given up on it there are a few more things I can try. I'm going to defrag my computer tonight and hope it will be all better in the morning.

If It fixes it I'm just going to upload an early BETA version of this MOD and just upload updated files at a later date. I want to do so much more work on it. but, if I upload it prior to Christmas it may make some of you have a happier holidays if your snowed in and have nothing else to do Of course this all depends on if I can get it to actually WORK

So howd the defrag work out for you? I hope for good news this sounds like such a good mod I hope it will last
    -- Confucius

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast