Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Middle Earth: Total War

Default Re: Middle Earth: Total War

Icare.

Hi mate, hoe are you, sorry but i was very busy with my job in the last period ...

anyway now i'm developing a Fall of Rome mod for RTW, but i think that i'll have some free time to help you in january, if you want to continue to develope METW ......

let me know what do you think ..

bye
    max

Hi max ! Good to see you again .
    No need to apologize, you gave a lot of your personal time to the metw mod already and by the way, i was busy myself, so...
    Two guys are currently finishing the mod (Jack and cegorach) i will continue metw with them. Your help will be more than welcome in january.

Cheers - Icare

P.s: I am looking forward to your mod Fall of Rome for RTW as i was a bit disappointed with B.I .
    Last edited by Icare83; 12-11-2005 at 16:07.

Good news.

I have been looking forward to playing this mod for some time.

A METW mod that is a bit more polished and balanced will be very welcome.

Cheers!

Was the campaign for this mod ever finished? I read the post by Icare83 supplying a link to the last release, but the download link isn't working: metw.net seems to be offline.

Can anyone provide a download link or give any further information? I know I am probably dredging up a very old project, but I'd like to see how far you guys got. I always fancied this mod for MTW rather RTW. Cheers for any help!
    Last edited by AmbrosiusAurelianus; 08-25-2006 at 09:48.

I would also like to find out if there is a download for this mod, and who - if any - are working on it.

There was one on METW.net, but I suppose it went down with the rest of the site. I don´t know whether or not the MTW version will still be supported by the new METW forum team (the link´s in the RTW forge threat).

Thanks for the info, Ciaran! I'll have a look in the forge.

Edit: I found this link in the forge, if anyone is interested.

http://www.lotrtw.com/download.html

It contains a fan-made "Movie Edition" that apparently merges the old METW with LOTR units. I think I'll have a deek!
    Last edited by AmbrosiusAurelianus; 08-25-2006 at 10:46.

I believe that is ME:TW for RTW, not for MTW.

Post Re: Middle Earth: Total War

Well, the most recent work for metw has been lost via some email problems, then metw.net...

Metw for mtw is hosted at 3ddownloads:
    http://www.3ddownloads.com/totalwar/...%20Total%20War

http://metw.free.fr/Campmap/Metw%20C...20beta7.0a.exe **

Anyway, i have an old version of metw for the campaign (Nov2005):
    http://idinfo66.free.fr/metw.rar
    http://idinfo66.free.fr/metw2.rar
    It is still very buggy.

Install :
    METW_for_MedievalVI_Beta7.0.zip
    Metw Campmap beta7.0a **
    Metw patch 7.0 to 7.1a medieval.zip
    metw.rar
    metw2.rar

** = Edited
    Last edited by Icare83; 08-27-2006 at 10:28.

Smile Re: Middle Earth: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by -apocalypsis-
    I believe that is ME:TW for RTW, not for MTW.
    You are right. My mistake, sorry!

Thank you, Icare83, for the link. It's good to see that some of your work is still available.

A link was missing, i edited my last post.

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

I installed the mod a few months back and had a problem with the campaign map. It was like the medieval map but with LOTR province names. The map was that of eastern europe and north africa. It happening again when i installed it again. Is the map fully workable?

The image for the map is large, if you tick the box at the end of the installation(Metw Campmap beta7.0a), it should run an app that will convert the textures for the map to TGA.
    You can still run the app by launching some runme.bat files inside the installation.
    It was done very quickly and for internal use for the mod team only, so the installation is very tricky, sorry.

Hi Icare,

I am very glad that somebody from METW development team shows here and especially you

I just want to know if somebody is still working on METW campaign for MTW, such as Christoff, but I somewhat suppose it is not the case :(

You suppose right. The dev stopped a few weeks before metw.net went down.
    Christof sent me an email with txt files, i answered the email but i didn't look inside the files immediatly. Later, when i checked the files, they were empty !
    I asked several times for the files, he said he would send the files again, but he never did so and became somewhat upset with me i think.

That is bad. I can try to do something with the campaign, but my aim will probably be to make functional campaign with METW units, but with standard MTW buildings (simplified building tree) and other stuff, because i am not artist and I am just not able to make nice graphics.

And I have to say that I have never fully understood what were your intentions with good and evil forts... So I will try to make some simple campaign and then we can to do some work with it...

Well, that was not my intention, i joined metw team as a battlemap maker first, the campaign was secondary for me.
    You can grab some graphics for units ready for use here (you will have to rename them):
    http://idinfo66.free.fr/30InfoPics.rar
    If you can make a version more stable, i am ready to make a single install more simple with your work.

That are very nice pictures.... it is shame the mod with so much potential is left unfinished :/

If someone would like to work on a stable campaign release (with the permission of Icare, etc, of course), I can offer them hosting (public and dev. forums). I would hate to see this mod without a (stable) campaign after all the hard work put into it by so many great modders.

Thumbs up Re: Middle Earth: Total War

with the permission of Icare, etc, of course
    I didn't think my permission was needed. Anyway, anyone can try to mod the campaign, he got my permission and i think the other members of the team would agree with me.
    There is no need to give me updates etc and so on, just tell me when you think you have something that could make the campaign game playable and i will help with the install and hosting.

Has anyone decided to work on a stable campaign?

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

I'm willing to help now that the school holidays in Australia are in. I've been working with the unit stats to make it more Rock-Paper-Scissors sort of gameplay. It's coming along ok. I noticed that the evil factions are severely under-powered. So I'm working on that.

So do you want my help?
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Hi all
    I hope somme one still is working on the campain for this mod i think this would be a verry good mod i hope somme mod makers will help.
    i dont now how to mod but i think i got the first beta version on cd rom sommewhere from the beginning if you need it??
    Maybe the silmarllion mod makers could help i think they stopt making the silmarllion mod and i think thats to bad.
    It would be great do to have Lord of the rings based on the medieval total war 1 version.

Sadly, I do not think anyone is working on this version anymore. There are, however, some talented guys working on a Middle Earth: Total War for RTW, and they should have a new release out in not too long a time - you can check out their forum here.

Hi apoc
    yes mate i now about the Middle Earth: Total War for RTW, i got all series of total war but medieval total war is just my favorite i think this is the best game ever made.
    And i wos hoping they would give silmarllion/METW a other change there are so many good mod makers this would be a really great mod i think, there a 2 mods based on silmarllion/METW so maybe they cane make one big one they are almost the same i think? well mate i hope somme one will
    but thanks any way mate

I have my doubts on whether such a "merger" would work - they are just too different; besides, they've both already done most of the units, and that's just about the only thing they would have in common (sort of). Also, I think that there is no 'METW Team' at the moment, so it would just be the STW Team. I hope someone will take up the task of getting out stable, playable versions of both METW and STW, and I would offer any aid I can (in the form of public & dev. forums, hosting for releases/beta versions, etc).

ye mate me to i hope so to

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

Just a heads up:

METW_for_MedievalVI_Beta7.0.zip
    Metw patch 7.0 to 7.1a medieval.zip

Don't exist on 3D Downloads. You get a message saying:

Quote Originally Posted by 3D Downloads
    File Not Found TeleFragged

We're sorry, but the file or directory you requested could not be found.

Chances are that the URL you used to get to 3D Downloads was incorrect or old, and that the file you wanted has moved or was deleted.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

MTW Modder and Supporter Member Aenarion's Avatar

Yeah it's been a long while since any info or updates were given out. Hope nothing is going wrong with this mod just like our mod.

Fingers crossed!
    Silmarillion:TotalWar -A modification for MTW:VI
    Pls visit our website at: Silmarillion Mod
    And our Silmarillion Topic
    Modding Links:
    Alchemist Lab and Repository

Wel mate i got my fingers crossed and i hope they will make silmarllion and ME tw and i think i speak for a lot of players mate

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast