Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: Fury of the Northmen Mod

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

Default Re: Fury of the Northmen Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Sven Der Viking
    I was thinking to myself while i was writing my article that the Everyday Scandinavian within his geanealogy (spelling?) or bloodlines, must retain that barbarian like warfare connection to the vikings. What i'm saying is if scandanavian countries were to amass great armies, and fight with that valour i think still retains in their blood, they probably still have that battle hardness about them. My point is i think scandinavian countries, although masked by their conversion to christianity retain the hardiness about them that was what the vikings where. After all the few Great scandinavian Commanders Such as Gustavus Adolphus the second proved small armies with the sense of elitness can get the job done, with the resources at hand.
    I seriously doubt that. All the ingrediances that made Scandinavian great during the viking era, GAII´s and Karl XII´s rule, the Finnish resistance no longer exist and I do belive that we´re too lazy and comfortable nowdays.

Quote Originally Posted by Sven Der Viking
    I think most scandinavians would agree, as i am complimenting them.
    Well it´s nice of you to do so but I do belive you´re threading on thin ice here beliving that the battle hardiness still resides within the Scandinavians. However I do feel that we all would like it to be so, he he! Good luck with your article and a Happy New Year Sven!

i know for sure there´s still some of that old blood greed within you northern folks even today...all you have to do is spend a summer vacation in spain, you´ll see them figthing for BEER

Quote Originally Posted by Briscolone
    i know for sure there´s still some of that old blood greed within you northern folks even today...all you have to do is spend a summer vacation in spain, you´ll see them figthing for BEER
    Welcome to the Guild Briscolone, your first post and already comming at me with horns blazing... great spirit! Then you should see my countrymen at a sale or an auction... talk about guts and glory, he he!

Finland isn't part of scandinavia, mate
    But when it comes to beer (or anything with alcohol really), I think we surpass our Scandinavian friends- The Finnish love for alcohol is the kind of stuff legends are made of.

any chance of a progress update?

Magistrate of Pirkka Member Sebastian Seth's Avatar

Removed... Not mod related...
    Last edited by Sebastian Seth; 09-13-2005 at 19:05.
    Humans very easy to make and very hard to understand. - SS

Magistrate of Pirkka Member Sebastian Seth's Avatar

I grown so tired of RTW that im really waiting for release now.
    Humans very easy to make and very hard to understand. - SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Seth
    I grown so tired of RTW that im really waiting for release now.
    So am I, but it's slow going.

Quote Originally Posted by wilpuri
    So am I, but it's slow going.
    Hi ya all. Well it´s not going anywhere at the moment actually. My old PC gave up on me in the beginning of January. I bought a new one, really good stats but it kept crashing, yes you read right. Suddenly it turned itself of and rebooted and no pattern or explainable solution was found. I returned it to the store but they started hassling me about the reason for it malfunctioning and blame me, ME???? I just brought it home plugged in the power and installed RTW, MTW and STW on it, so what did I do wrong? So now I sit here wit a PC that keeps crashing and wont get a refund. I´ve actually started a law-suit against the shop but this week I learned that they have gone out of business - can you belive that! It only took me some 4 months of hard work 60-80 hr work-weeks, to save up to a new PC and this is what I get?

I still have my mailaccount and check it a couple of times now that my girlfriend has a laptop that she bings over now and then. Keep in touch guys, I personally haven´t given up on FotN yet. Haven´t heard from Norse in a couple of months, anyone?

Where do you get this mod from although I haven't read throught the entire thread as I am on several mostly to do with Trek gaming?It sound like good mod from what I read so far.I am just the new kid on the block around here.

Member Member Daithi MacGuillaCathair's Avatar

ive only read as far as page 14 of this thread, due to a facr i gota do my bloody thesus, but if you still need help with an Irish faction(s) i can help out if you want, as im a student of this period of history, and am actually dopiong my thseus on the viking city of Limerick (in ireland)

Member Member Daithi MacGuillaCathair's Avatar

oops sorry for poor spelling, in a rush

Question Re: Fury of the Northmen Mod

Sounds like a great mod the more about the vikings the merrier but where can i download it
    "…Birds of battle screech, the grey wolf howls, spears rattle, shield answers shaft. …Then many a thegn, laden in gold, buckled on his sword-belt. …The hollow shield called for bold men"s hands..."

Quote Originally Posted by tutankamon
    Sounds like a great mod the more about the vikings the merrier but where can i download it
    You can´t since it´s not finished. And judging on the lack of interest and work currently being done I seriously don´t think that this mod will ever see the light of day unfortunately. Personally I´d have loved to see this concept on the RTW engine though.

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

how bout including the manx? we have a viking...sorry...norse parliment y'know? the oldest parliment in the world...we have to be important
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

Unhappy Re: Fury of the Northmen Mod

Hey PSERamsses,

I just read this thread and im fascinated. This would be a great mod. Ive been interested in making my own mods myself but im stuck on how to make a startegy map. I was wondering if anyone has heard of or gotten a sucessful coppy of LukMapMaker or Hedge'sMTWEditor. Theyre supposed to be really helpful but i havent been able to install them successfully.

I only read the first bit of your thread cause its so long. But it sounds like youve decided pretty much on what the map looks like. And what countrys to have. If youve completed the maps by now id love to have them at least.

It sounds to me like this mod has plenty of research and planning put into it, regardless of little inacuracies like the names of kings. If we could simply program what we have planned so far im sure it would be good enought to post online. If the problems really bothered anyone they could fix it themselves and make later versions. Considering this mod has been in the making since 03 and you probably want a break from it.

Id like to talk to you on messanger if possible: sir_breunor@hotmail.com
    and i live in Pacific Time US and Canada. Contact me if you can, i sent you an email. Preferably before the end of August of this year (but anytime's better than no time).

The txt programing is pretty simple and id love it if you could help me make a strategy map if you could find the time.
    As for me, I dont know how to make them or apply them to the scripting, but id love to learn. if it wouldnt be too much trouble for you. I think it would be much easier to work on this through MSN Messanger.

Hope to see you soon,
    Lord Liendecker

PS: dont short the Russian and eastern Baltic provinces, even if theyre all rebels. It would be fascinating to play Vikings vs Russians but there woudl have to be plenty of rebel provinces to conquer. But try to have at least 1 Russian faction that can be played. Make certain rebels have plenty of military so they're as independent as posible, and have at least 25/200 Russian provinces/total. (limit of factions can be made up by amount of provices available to take.) Units dont have to be too unique, since they're fairly easy to create, but too time consuming for this project to worry about right now.
    Be without fear, in the face of your enemies.

Rise a knight!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Liendecker
    Hey PSERamsses,

I just read this thread and im fascinated. This would be a great mod. Ive been interested in making my own mods myself but im stuck on how to make a startegy map. I was wondering if anyone has heard of or gotten a sucessful coppy of LukMapMaker or Hedge'sMTWEditor. Theyre supposed to be really helpful but i havent been able to install them successfully.

I only read the first bit of your thread cause its so long. But it sounds like youve decided pretty much on what the map looks like. And what countrys to have. If youve completed the maps by now id love to have them at least.

It sounds to me like this mod has plenty of research and planning put into it, regardless of little inacuracies like the names of kings. If we could simply program what we have planned so far im sure it would be good enought to post online. If the problems really bothered anyone they could fix it themselves and make later versions. Considering this mod has been in the making since 03 and you probably want a break from it.

Id like to talk to you on messanger if possible: sir_breunor@hotmail.com
    and i live in Pacific Time US and Canada. Contact me if you can, i sent you an email. Preferably before the end of August of this year (but anytime's better than no time).

The txt programing is pretty simple and id love it if you could help me make a strategy map if you could find the time.
    As for me, I dont know how to make them or apply them to the scripting, but id love to learn. if it wouldnt be too much trouble for you. I think it would be much easier to work on this through MSN Messanger.

Hope to see you soon,
    Lord Liendecker

PS: dont short the Russian and eastern Baltic provinces, even if theyre all rebels. It would be fascinating to play Vikings vs Russians but there woudl have to be plenty of rebel provinces to conquer. But try to have at least 1 Russian faction that can be played. Make certain rebels have plenty of military so they're as independent as posible, and have at least 25/200 Russian provinces/total. (limit of factions can be made up by amount of provices available to take.) Units dont have to be too unique, since they're fairly easy to create, but too time consuming for this project to worry about right now.
    First, as I´ve posted before, this mod is at a complete standstill. Secondly, there´s a viking-mod for the RTW engine so you might wanna check it out in the forum. Thirdly, in the guides section you have all the guides you´ll need to make your own mod and/ or map. As for including the "Russians" they´re not around for the timeframe of the mod so they´re not included. Other facs in this rrgion is however, read the posts. If you need more info contact me at pse@brevet.se - good luck!

Exclamation Re: Fury of the Northmen Mod

Quote Originally Posted by PseRamesses
    First, as I´ve posted before, this mod is at a complete standstill. Secondly, there´s a viking-mod for the RTW engine so you might wanna check it out in the forum. Thirdly, in the guides section you have all the guides you´ll need to make your own mod and/ or map. As for including the "Russians" they´re not around for the timeframe of the mod so they´re not included. Other facs in this rrgion is however, read the posts. If you need more info contact me at pse@brevet.se - good luck!

Hey PseRamesses I study arkeology in Denmark and i was wondering if you have any interest in doing more with this mod? If so I would love to help!!! it's about time we had a Viking Mod Although I have no experience in scripting or graphics maiking, I can help with anything from Skins to the material and social-history.... I personally like M:TW more than R:TW so i hope this mod can get somewhere
    "…Birds of battle screech, the grey wolf howls, spears rattle, shield answers shaft. …Then many a thegn, laden in gold, buckled on his sword-belt. …The hollow shield called for bold men"s hands..."

Hey PseRamesses I study arkeology in Denmark and i was wondering if you have any interest in doing more with this mod? If so I would love to help!!! it's about time we had a Viking Mod Although I have no experience in scripting or graphics maiking, I can help with anything from Skins to the material and social-history.... I personally like M:TW more than R:TW so i hope this mod can get somewhere
    Likewise. I hate to see all that research go down the tube. So mail me at pse@brevet.se and we´ll see what we can muster together.
    You might also wanna check out this mod in development:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=106
    It cover the old MTW-map so I wouldn´t call it a "viking-mod" but it´s the closest there is for the RTW engine.

Likewise. I hate to see all that research go down the tube. So mail me at pse@brevet.se and we´ll see what we can muster together.
    You might also wanna check out this mod in development:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=106
    It cover the old MTW-map so I wouldn´t call it a "viking-mod" but it´s the closest there is for the RTW engine.
    Yeah i have look at it but I'm not that impressed.. well they have a lot of nice graphics but almost all their units are historically incorrect. But what do we miss before we can go on in the making of this mod?

Yeah i have look at it but I'm not that impressed.. well they have a lot of nice graphics but almost all their units are historically incorrect. But what do we miss before we can go on in the making of this mod?
    Weather we go with the RTW-engine (which I prefer) or the MTW we still miss most of the time consuming work like the strat-map, units/ skins and other graphs. Been going through tons of material and research for the RTW-engine and the graphs, navigatable rivers, customable cities/ towns, customized battlefield buildings, formations-mod, almost unlimited strat map size, 200 provinces etc etc swings my flavour to making something on the RTW-platform.

Weather we go with the RTW-engine (which I prefer) or the MTW we still miss most of the time consuming work like the strat-map, units/ skins and other graphs. Been going through tons of material and research for the RTW-engine and the graphs, navigatable rivers, customable cities/ towns, customized battlefield buildings, formations-mod, almost unlimited strat map size, 200 provinces etc etc swings my flavour to making something on the RTW-platform.

Yeah you're right perhaps we should start with putting thogether all the data we have in a new thread in the RTW mod. subforum? it would make it a little bit easier to look at what we have to work with... If you like I can come up with some concept ideas to how the appearance of our buildings and units and so on could be

Yeah you're right perhaps we should start with putting thogether all the data we have in a new thread in the RTW mod. subforum? it would make it a little bit easier to look at what we have to work with... If you like I can come up with some concept ideas to how the appearance of our buildings and units and so on could be
    1. I´m not going to put in more work with this by compiling all data in a new RTW-thread since I don´t want to give the community the impression that we´ve revived FotN and thus putting false hopes into the hearts of our fellow gamers.
    2. I require that you read the complete FotN thread. This will give you an idea what have been done, game parameters, research etc. Then get back to me either by PM or at my mail (above) since I don´t want to conduct a hypothetical discussion regarding FotN on the RTW-engine simply for the same reason as under 1.
    3. Would be great to see your work and ideas and I´d be happy to continue this discussion with you on a more private channel, for now. In the FotN thread there are many suggested buildings and units so you´ll have some work to do there.

Let´s continue disussing by mail. I´ll contact the old crew and check their interest and some other guys I know and we´ll see what we come up with. There is one "Holy Graal" for me though..... IF we decide to make a FotN-mod for the RTW-engine everyone must run the distance. I will NOT tolerate yet another great mod grind to a standstill. So let me search for my "dirty dozen" and if you have any connections and know of a person that would make a significant contribution the please let me know. See ya soon!

Senior Member Senior Member naut's Avatar

I think its a pity this never got finished!

It sounded so good, and yet it just trailed off ... oh well, I guess I'm saved from the Fury of the Norsemen.
    #Hillary4prism

BD:TW

Some piously affirm: "The truth is such and such. I know! I see!"
    And hold that everything depends upon having the “right” religion.
    But when one really knows, one has no need of religion. - Mahavyuha Sutra

Freedom necessarily involves risk. - Alan Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Rythmic
    I think its a pity this never got finished!

It sounded so good, and yet it just trailed off ... oh well, I guess I'm saved from the Fury of the Norsemen.
    I sadly agree. Check out AoVaF-mod for RTW though. It´s roughly the same timeperiod but covers more than northern Europe.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324