Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Come out and fight, you b*****d!

i gave up Ravenshield for 1 glareing reason which relates to this topic - the players attitudes

i spent a good deal of time sneaking around and ambushing enemies for instance i would find a spot i knew the enemies would pass dig myself in and wait - an example is a door on one map where the other side repeatadle threw themselves at, i hid behind a wall with a crack looking through the crack to target the door - over the next 4 mins i killed half the opposing side

BUT rather than applaude me my team critisise me for not moving into assualt and i end up kicked and banned... for using my head in a game aimed at realism

same story on most the servers i played on so i just gave up and wandered off

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Sir Moody @ Mar. 26 2004,09:33)]i gave up Ravenshield for 1 glareing reason which relates to this topic - the players attitudes

i spent a good deal of time sneaking around and ambushing enemies for instance i would find a spot i knew the enemies would pass dig myself in and wait - an example is a door on one map where the other side repeatadle threw themselves at, i hid behind a wall with a crack looking through the crack to target the door - over the next 4 mins i killed half the opposing side

BUT rather than applaude me my team critisise me for not moving into assualt and i end up kicked and banned... for using my head in a game aimed at realism

same story on most the servers i played on so i just gave up and wandered off
    That is a problem on some public servers, the kids can´t get counterstrike out of their heads. When you join the better servers (mostly scandinavian and german for some reason) you won´t have this problem. If you are europian, feel free to join a game in our X.Kill server, I use the same name on ubi as here. Be ready for a dreadfull experience. I myself never had any troubles with the overal attitude of the community, it is a very mature and friendly community compared with other fps games.

I don't play any games online (mom won't let me) but I'd hate to have someone do that. I love using some strategy to beat me enemies but from what I've heard most of my tactics would get everyone mad online (benefits of playing with CPU bots). For instance: You're a real soldier and you have the choice to either be a sniper who has less chance of getting hit or a bomb disarmer who has to go out in the midst of a lot of fire. I'd pick the sniper personally...
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship But it is not this day, an hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day This day we fight” – Aragorn, King of Gondor

-=Allies & Axis Total War=-

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Well the rock/paper/scissors holds up pretty well online (I only play the rainbow six series). Most of the time you will see that a sniper beats submachine gun/assault rifle long distance, assauly rifle will take sniper on middle and smg at middle, and a smg will beat anything up close, but will need support when encountering assault rifles. Just like any strategygame you have to take the right tools to the job. Being a sniper when you have an agressive team before you is a sure defeat, you have to know when you have to use what. Beating a game can close to science

I prefer being a sniper in games where you can hide and snipe. A real sniper wouldn't stand out in the open and shoot. That would be like painting a big red crosshair on his uniform
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship But it is not this day, an hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day This day we fight” – Aragorn, King of Gondor

-=Allies & Axis Total War=-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12