Quote Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Duke John @ Aug. 17 2003,13:30)]About the second forum with the FAQs and how-to's. Is it for us not possible to post there? If we are I suspect that alot of questions will be posted there since new people don't understand a FAQ and will post a question in the FAQ's thread (which they should).
And probably some people will ask how to edit their mod in regards to some FAQ or how-to and we will end with two different forums that have more or less the some content which will only add to confusion instead of clearing it.

The third forum seems a bit useless to me. Old mods and threads move to page 20, why make a seperate forum for them?

I would rather see a third forum that deals with finished mods where non-modders can safely venture without being scared by the Star-Trek talk of modders. In this forum there will be topics in which mods are "advertised" with screenshots, links to download, FAQ, installation guide, etc. Hopefully more people will then dare to install a mod since it might seem a bit frightening to some.

Cheers, Duke John
no patron posting into edit2 (FAQ?)
an interesting idea,
but i think we'll allow it for the moment, if you are correct and it gets out of hand we will restrict it,

for now the idea is

edit1 is where you ask and answer Q's, advertise mods, explain discoveries, etc.

edit2 is where we keep all the answered questions, how-to's and faq's,
it should eventually make searching for a scrap of data easier, reduce redundant/duplicate returns on a search,
PLUS, edit2 gives us somewhere else to pin stickies,

edit3 is is where the moderatos move any really old posts that "may" contain usefull stuff, then we edit them and feed them back into edit2, we have 1100 topics spanning 32 pages, about 80% can probably be deleted as redundant.
plus we can sticky older mods in edit3, advertising them if you will..

Ideally I'd love to have the time to take the FAQ and all the Q&A's and "translate" them all to html pages,
but thats the kicker, i don't have the time, i have done some but real life is kinda busy lately...
If anyone wants to volunteer i can send them a master html file and instructions, but 90% of the work is cut and pasting.