Thread: What does my eye see? Hope for Thief 3?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

http://www.thief-thecircle.com/thief...s/snap0047.jpg

http://www.thief-thecircle.com/thief...s/snap0152.jpg

When you look at these screenshots you instantly get the thief-feeling, awesome Maybe Thief: deadly shadows will in fact not suck

Amir of the office desk Member Cebei's Avatar

I dunno, you know, its no longer Looking glass studios, so I dont think things will be the same..
    When the game ends, peon and king go into the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Cebei @ April 02 2004,11:05)]I dunno, you know, its no longer Looking glass studios, so I dont think things will be the same..
    It is mostly the same crew that is making this one, I do not worry about that. I was worried that they would not live up to it, and make a 'different' game. These shots are really 'Thievy', very sinister and dark, I love them. Especially because the first shot has an undead, me love undead. I heard the haunts(scariest thing that was EVER created, even after countless hours they still scare the crap out of me) will be back as well. But even if they do fuck it up, we would still end up with the engine, and the oh so talented modding community.

Legitimate Businessman Member Teutonic Knight's Avatar
    My legitimate mansion bought with legitimate monies.

I've never heard of Theif (please don't hit me)...

Also, Fragony, let's keep our language PG in here ok?

Amir of the office desk Member Cebei's Avatar

Quote[/b] ]It is mostly the same crew that is making this one, I do not worry about that. I was worried that they would not live up to it, and make a 'different' game. These shots are really 'Thievy', very sinister and dark, I love them. Especially because the first shot has an undead, me love undead. I heard the haunts(scariest thing that was EVER created, even after countless hours they still scare the crap out of me) will be back as well. But even if they do fuck it up, we would still end up with the engine, and the oh so talented modding community.
    I hope so, it was the best 3d game I've ever played and seeing it effed up will be horrible.

Quote[/b] ]I've never heard of Theif (please don't hit me)...
    It is a very good first person sneeker, stealer game and was very realistic for the time it was created. I think you can find info with a google search, but dont search it, find Thief 1 and then 2 and play Take my word for it you wont be frsutrated.
    When the game ends, peon and king go into the same box.

Quote[/b] (Teutonic Knight @ April 02 2004,11:41)]I've never heard of Theif (please don't hit me)...

Also, Fragony, let's keep our language PG in here ok?
    I should hit you indeed, thief is the best gane ever made and yet you dont know ^^ I do not know what a pg is, but I am sure it smells like flowers.

Member Member Sir Zack de Caldicot's Avatar

Hmmmm...Theif. I've seen It in the bargain bin for $9.99CDN. I should get It
    I WANT ROME - TOTAL WAR

I got it for free with my graphics card as well as morrowind. It sucks balls.
    "talking poo is where I draw the line"-Eric Cartman
    Long live the resistance.

Robot Unicorn Member Kekvit Irae's Avatar

Thief, Thief Gold, and Thief II... three of the best games ever made.
    Well, two actually. Thief Gold is Thief, but with a few levels enhanced and added (including a blooper level)

EDIT: Thief II had some great levels (LOVE Crashing the Party, where not only do you explore the city from the rooftops, you also explore a huge tower), but Sabotage at Soulforge made feel like I was not controlling Garrett, Master Thief, but rather Garrett, Factory Worker. *sigh*

Wait... You said they were very realistic... Yet they have zombies in them?

Explain.

They are realistic in that the world functions as a real one, well as far as a 4+ year old game can. For example you need to hide, in real life you would head to the darkest shadows, in thief you must do the same as the darker it is the harder it is to see and be seen. In real life if you were in a room lit by burning torches and needed a shadow to hide in you would dowse the torches on the wall, in thief you do just that. In real life you run faster if you are not waving a dirty great sword about, in thief you do likewise and must put your weapons away to run at full speed. Lighting effects, gravity effects, the AI of the guards...all very realistic for such an old game, even today it remains impressive for the most part.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

But its the zombies that really gave it that great realistic touch.

Quote[/b] (Efrem Da King @ April 04 2004,11:09)]But its the zombies that really gave it that great realistic touch.
    Let's not be lazy and only mention the super realistic zombies - don't forget the bugmen, craymen, exploding frogbeasts, apemen, giant spiders, flying fireball monsters...

At the same time I shall throw in mention of the nice way you gather speed as you fall, the way arrows have gravity applied to them so you need to arc your shots, the way you are no tougher than the other humans in the world, the way you need to watch where you are going so you don't kick over bottles and other noisy objects...
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

It may not have been realistic, but it was believable in the gameworld. Thief takes place in a paralel universe, where zombies/craymen/huge trees that come to life(oh did that scare me) just happen to exist.

heh I have most posts and least rank here so I declare my word final .

Thief 2 is unrealistic.

Quote[/b] (Efrem Da King @ April 04 2004,05:26)]heh I have most posts and least rank here so I declare my word final .

Thief 2 is unrealistic.
    A refreshing perspective