Thread: Poland

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Advance, fall back, charge! Member Charlè's Avatar

Unhappy Re: Poland

The Polish leaders are just not good enough to keep the men on the field. The Russian leaders are able to keep the men in battle even when outnumbered. Perhaps my strategy need to improve.

This is what I do in battle:
    Form a medium length line with Halbs and Arbls, 5 units of each, supported by Polish retainers to flank and chase the routed troops.
    Put the Arbls on HOLD POSITION, to keep them in place so that they fire at least 3 shots at the advancing enemy
    Move forward with Halbs to make contact with charging enemy.
    (I never allow enemy to attack the flank of my line, I meet them square on), but the Polish Halbs lose their courrage very quick and run. Soon I have chaos of getting everybody over the border with many losses, because the halbs are slow, and Arbls dont fight to well in the gaps left by the 'not so brave comrades'

I have adapted a cowardly strategy to abandon the field as soon as I notice the 2nd or 3rd Halbs units are losing their courrage. They loose courrage when only 6 men out of 60 have perished, where Russian Halbs have fought to the last man!!!

Now I have to command my Retainer and Arbls to run, this way I save 1/2 my army (exept the Halbs) but not much pride . . .
    Last edited by Charlè; 01-03-2006 at 13:40.