Thread: Webmaster :

Please hold a poll on what the next "Shogun/Total War" should be like, and PLEASE include a LOTR version of the game,

The next Total war should be :
    Fantasy Total war
    (elves,Dwarves etc.)
    Future Total War
    (Starships etc., all the nerdy stuff j/k)
    WOII Total War
    (Axis,Allies etc.)
    _Fill in one your self_
    (etc. etc.)

*please note the date I signed up : WAY before the lame,commercial wannabe LOTR movie appeared, thus I'm a die-hard fan,a BOOK reader*
    Abandon all hope.

Fantasy Total War!

NO!!!!
    Space game?!?! No it shall ruin the game cause it shall have little rockets etc making it bull...
    As for a fantacy game, well it would be nice BUT l want a game set in ancient Greece

------------------
    Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
    I cannot return l presume so l will keep my name among those who are dead by bows!
    http://www.dedicatedgaming.com/~angelsofdarkness

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

MTW
    STW2
    Roman

Ja mata

TosaInu

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Im w/ Tosa, I vote for STW2-- I just love the samurai theme....perfect for wargame tactics.

Another idea-- Wild West TW, Custers last stand, etc...

Hunter_Bachus

You're missing my point here...

my point :
    You should hold a poll with the above,

>>AND EVERYONE SHOULD VOTE FANTASY TW
    Abandon all hope.

you could very easily use the same rts game engine to adopt a "Lord of the Rings" game with dwarves,elves,men,wizards,orks, and so forth. one could play any of the 5 different races, with all tolken has wrote about i dont think there would be any lack of ideas ... can you imagine re fighting the battle of the 5 armies... were only a handfull of survivers remained.. plently of possibility here.

keep your eyes out for the new C&C .... i think they are trying to get away from the click-fest type of game and more of a shogun style rts

------------------
    do you have a comment to make, a question to ask, or a concern about a current fearful ways member? plz feel free to stop by
    Fearful Ways - The Mori Family

I dont like ,build as fast,strongand many, and you're sure to win ,strategy games...wel because there's little strat involved

I like fantasy strat games...but only for the fantasy element of them.

I also LOVE Severence,Blade of Darkness but I lost the cd .

anywayz,Shall I continue in the morning with my ideas ?

hehe feel like getting more People interested
    Abandon all hope.

Well, Mithrandir, with a crack graphic artist and a team of modders, you could make F:TW right now.

So go at it!

Matt

Whoohhoo, will post in the modding section now, even though it's more dead then... well something really dead

are there any good modders out there ?
    I think I can make some decent unit "sprites ?"/pictures, if someone can tell me where to download the programm

Thanks,

Mithrandir.
    Abandon all hope.

Senior Member Senior Member Vanya's Avatar

I still think my old post about "Palestine: Total War" would be the next best game...

[Sips sake, eats popcorn]

Senior Member Senior Member Jaguara's Avatar

There was a poll like this done a while ago...

I hope this link works...
    http://pub46.bravenet.com/minipoll/archive.php?usernum=3901462677& defaultpager_current=1&defaultpager_next=1

Unfortunately, there was no fantasy option. Personally, I would rather see a Napoleonic Era version of the game before a fantasy one.

Jaguara

[This message has been edited by Jaguara (edited 05-08-2002).]
    Toda Nebuchadnezzar : Trust Jaguara to come up with the comedy line

"The only thing I am intolerant of is intolerance"

Senior Member Senior Member Kraellin's Avatar

i doubt fantasy: total war is going to be next. in fact, i doubt it will ever be done, not that it couldnt be, but for various reasons, i doubt it will be.

my guess for the next total war is going to be civil war: total war. all the elements are there for both single player and multi, campaign and historical, tactical and strategy. with M:TW they are adding 'cannons', which will most likely be siege mortars, but the next logical step is field artillery, ala' civil war. we've already got the muskets and the cavalry and the infantry. just change the uniforms to grey and blue, tweak the stats, change the strat map and voila', C:TW.

ok, it's not really that simple, but certainly a bit easier than fantasy: total war. also, with the additions CA is adding to the campaign side of things, the civil war era is ripe for that sort of thing. intrigue, spies, assassins, war production, ship battles and trade, supply lines and so on; it's almost perfect for the total war series.

the other prime candidate is the mediterranean, not just roman or greek, but that whole region in ancient times. M:TW is going to cover about 400 years and all of western europe. ancient: total war could easily do the same thing with the mediterranean. the greeks, the romans, the middle east nations, the northern african nations, could all fall pretty much within one game. it works for the tactical/battle side of things and on the campaign/strat side of things.

i think those two are the prime candidates for whatever is coming after M:TW.

K.

------------------
    The only absolute is that there are no absolutes.

mne still hopes for FTW...
    Abandon all hope.

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

Prehistoric Total War! (PTW)

I love to see a wooly mammoth cav charge.

Kas
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

Senior Member Senior Member Dark Phoenix's Avatar

Krae the guy from CA/DT has said he would like to do a fantasy game with the engine even said it could be the 3rd game. This was ages a go though.

------------------
    "DP is correct" - Shiro

-----------------------
    We may have years, we may have hours,
    but sooner or later, we push up flowers
    DP is correct - Shiro

Hatamoto, Clan Shinkage Senior Member ShinKamiizumi's Avatar

OT:TW

Two opinions meet face to face in the off-topic forums using weapons like the flame-post thrower and the unsubstantiated charge.

But seriously the Civil War idea sounds good.
    A foolish passing thought makes one an ordinary man, while an enlightened second thought makes one a Buddha.

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Quote Originally posted by ShinKamiizumi:
    OT:TW

Two opinions meet face to face in the off-topic forums using weapons like the flame-post thrower and the unsubstantiated charge.

But seriously the Civil War idea sounds good.
    [/QUOTE]

The Aussies would have to be the thunderbombers of OT:TW ... friendly fire particulary at anyone in charge would have to be a feature...

'Bl**dy, tall poppy Daimyo, lets see how he looks with a firecracker up his f'... well you get the point.

Other features of this unit would be the inability to put them throught the Dojo for discipline ... it just gets burnt down in the process from too many flame grenades.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Senior Member Senior Member Jaguara's Avatar

I am not sure about civil war...I would expect a Napoleonic era game. It certainly would have more appeal to theier European customers than the US Civil War. Also, there are only two factions in the US civil war...whereas in Europe there could be several.

Also, the units would be so similar that they could do a civil-war add-on, making only a few changes.

After that, I would like to see a game in the Ancient period covering the Romans, Picts, Celts, Angles, Saxons, Greeks, etc etc. Don't just cover the Med...cover the whole range of the Roman Empire and it's foes at the very least.

Jaguara
    Toda Nebuchadnezzar : Trust Jaguara to come up with the comedy line

"The only thing I am intolerant of is intolerance"

Pimp: Total Drag!

Member Member Celtiberos Shimazu's Avatar

And my vote is for........

!LOTR TW¡ (FANTASY)