Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Patrician Available

Problem is also maybe: For english versions of MTW the installation is no problem, but if you want to install it to a german version of MTW there is a problem of installing it, because the shelfinstallation program didn´t find the correct files in the loc folder to change them because its a german loc folder in my case and not the eng-loc folder, which is needed.
    So you have to find an english version of the loc files (us, uk or whatever) and copy the files of the eng-loc into the germ-loc, then install the mod and then it works fine.

I think that it would be the same with other language versions.

So I thing you should put an english loc file with the mod, so that also players with different language versions can play it.

btw.: good mod

»Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Saracen @ Jan. 06 2003,02:48)]It is still a problem for me as well. Can't a fresh copy be put somewhere else?
    This one is for you my friend. Go and get it.
    http://www.respawn.co.uk/

Quote[/b] (Antalis:: @ Jan. 06 2003,13:01)]Problem is also maybe: For english versions of MTW the installation is no problem, but if you want to install it to a german version of MTW there is a problem of installing it, because the shelfinstallation program didn´t find the correct files in the log folder to change them because its a german log folder in my case and not the eng-log folder, which is needed.
    So you have to find an english version of the log files (us, uk or whatever) and copy the files of the eng-log into the germ-log, then install the mod and then it works fine.

I think that it would be the same with other language versions.

So I thing you should put an english log file with the mod, so that also players with different language versions can play it.

btw.: good mod
    Very good point. I never thought of that. Yet another file to add to the Titan of MTW..LOL

Zitat[/b] (Antalis:: @ Jan. 06 2003,13:01)]So you have to find an english version of the loc files (us, uk or whatever) and copy the files of the eng-loc into the germ-loc, then install the mod and then it works fine.
    I have to correct this one point: You have to copy the engl-loc file into the Loc folder and then install the mod.
    After that put the files from the engl-loc folder into the german loc folder (germ in my case).

»Erzähle, Wandrer, wenn du nach Sparta kommst, daß wir, seinen Gesetzen gehorsam, hier gefallen sind.«

CHIEF ARCHITECT

visit our HTW website

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

Patrician_Eng_Loc_files.zip
    a copy of the eng/loc files has been uploaded to
    http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mt...ads/MTWupload/

please let me know if there are any more problems,

King David, the latest additions to your mod, is just the portraits at this stage?
    I will try to make time to add them to the installer in the next day or two.
    Cheers,
    B.
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Making progress but still have an issue. The program did execute but I got this error message:

The following file does not match the file to be updated:
    D:\Medieval - Total
    War\Campmap\review_panel\Units\AlanMercenaryCavalry.BIF

Since I have not made any changes of this nature I would suspect you still have an issue. Prior to this I tried the install and it found several files with these messages. I assumed that since I had patched version 1.0 that was the problem. I did a fresh copy to the D: drive and expected it to work but got this message.

Quote[/b] (Saracen @ Jan. 06 2003,14:22)]Making progress but still have an issue. The program did execute but I got this error message:

The following file does not match the file to be updated:
    D:\Medieval - Total
    War\Campmap\review_panel\Units\AlanMercenaryCavalry.BIF

Since I have not made any changes of this nature I would suspect you still have an issue. Prior to this I tried the install and it found several files with these messages. I assumed that since I had patched version 1.0 that was the problem. I did a fresh copy to the D: drive and expected it to work but got this message.
    I found the glitch. I use the winzip patch program and it is quite good. What hapened was I had the moded Alan Merc Ubii cav unit in the original folder and patched it wich was a huge mistake. I am correcting it now (Re installing MTW) And will redu it to patch the original V1.1 version. It will be a couple hours and I will Up-load the file again to Respawn. I will let you all know when it is ready. Rome was not built in a day...LOL...

I hate my icon now. I look too old and bald, someone get me a hat please. Barocca, I have just uploaded the update i was telling you about to your test section here:
    http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Stw_Uploads/STWbeta/
    The filename is: Test_PatricianUpdate_010603.zip.
    This will be the last update for a while, Just want to get into the game and play. For those brave souls out there that whant to install the update by hand you can download it and install it into your Patrician mod. It is not a self install and the file is small. The corrected Upload at Respawn.uk should be posted sometime tonight. That one is a self install but you should do ok with it as long as you install it into the original patched MTW game folder. Well, we shall see..

Quote[/b] (barocca @ Jan. 06 2003,14:20)]Patrician_Eng_Loc_files.zip
    a copy of the eng/loc files has been uploaded to
    http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mt...ads/MTWupload/

please let me know if there are any more problems,

King David, the latest additions to your mod, is just the portraits at this stage?
    I will try to make time to add them to the installer in the next day or two.
    Cheers,
    B.
    No, I just uploaded the rest of the updated files to your MTW test uploads section. They can be added to the rest of the compilation we have so far. Some of the changes include:
    German Ubii Cav unit icons
    Major changes to unitprod11 wich include Barbarian mobs Celtic warriors Audeuan Cav and a host of other units for the barbarians. Also corrected the Group Formation info in the Battle screen to display the types of custom formations created for the mod. I love these. 19 playable factions including jews in palestine. Highlanders available for the barbarians in scotland and some other units like the gallowglass in ireland but i forgot what i called them. Lots of new things cant list them all. Do you have the other update I sent you before that corrected the baby sound and the torture sounds ? In any case the upload I sent to Giskard at respawn is the entire mod fully updated. I hope we have no problems with these new changes.

King David first of all congratulations for this mod. I love it. I just download it and been playing it. Awsome.No problems of any kind when i executed it.

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

IT'S TIME THEY LESSON US: WE WANT A MP CAMPAIGN FOR ROME TOTAL WAR

warning- plot loss in progress Senior Member barocca's Avatar
    (*disclaimer* - reality may or may not exist, in some societies reality is a crime, punishable by life)

King David,
    i will do my best to find the baby sound update, the new portraits and your other odds and ends and compile them soon (this weekend most likely),
    ... not entirely sure what is happening this weekend at this stage ...

wed, thur and fri will be spent trying to finish the stw and new models (mostly standardv stw models, plus a couple of specials).
    cheers,
    B.
    The winds that blows -
    ask them, which leaf on the tree
    will be next to go.

Isn't she pretty in pink? Member Rosacrux's Avatar

King Davide

I shall try to creat a decent Greek/Macedonian faction for your MOD, so I'll start fiddling around with files when I have the time.

I will use the units of Lord_Krazy for the Byzantines, they have potential to be used as Greek units. The Hosarioi can make great Hetairoi, the immortals decent Hypaspists, the Phrygiapsiloi = good Agriannes Javelin, the hoplites... well, hoplites, I will mod some of the existing archer units to build some Cretan Archers and so on... there are three or four other units that could fit into the timeframe, with a little modding. Hopefully, I'll find some time to work on this during the week, or else I'll have to spend some time during weekend (darn job... 12 hours a day... and I am a married man too )

Plus I'll try to add descriptions and other stuff, but I am not sure I'll be able to pull through that - I have only vague modding experience, due to my very limited time.

I won't create any graphics (my spouse is a graphics designer, but she won't help me with this, she hates MTW ) because that field is not my strong point, but I'll try to use existing ones.

If everything turns out fine, in a week or so your MOD can have a playable and fun Greek faction for those who prefer the Hellenes to the Romans
    CHIEF HISTORIAN

Damn guys this is like frikkin pulling teeth. There are two different file sizes available. One here and one at the UK site, both with the same name. Which the heck one of those is the right one? When you update a file how about changing the name of the file so we have a shot at getting the right one. Make minor changes 1.1a then 1.1b. Major could be 1.2 etc etc. When you post say the name of the latest file. In this thread there are links galore. I am damn tired of deleting and copying an entire game to my D: drive, modding and finding out it is the wrong one or a bad one or whatever else happens. Please post the proper link and file name of the LATEST revision. Thank you.

Quote[/b] (Saracen @ Jan. 07 2003,10:30)]Damn guys this is like frikkin pulling teeth. There are two different file sizes available. One here and one at the UK site, both with the same name. Which the heck one of those is the right one? When you update a file how about changing the name of the file so we have a shot at getting the right one. Make minor changes 1.1a then 1.1b. Major could be 1.2 etc etc. When you post say the name of the latest file. In this thread there are links galore. I am damn tired of deleting and copying an entire game to my D: drive, modding and finding out it is the wrong one or a bad one or whatever else happens. Please post the proper link and file name of the LATEST revision. Thank you.
    The Patrician V1.1 at Respawn is the updated version as I wrote you yesterday, And the file is larger also look at the dates. I included Instructions in the form of a readme that informs the player what version of the mod he\she has.
    The Mod here at the org is being compiled by barocca and eventualy it will be the same as the Respawn version.
    I corrected the problem you had yesterday douring install and uploaded the mod to Respawn but I dont know if he has updated his page yet. Just bare with me since I am limited to as to what I can do on my end. Dont make another move with this mod till you get a heads up from me. I stay on top of it. I will let you know as soon as I know that Giskard has placed the corrected file on his site.[B]

Quote[/b] (Rosacrux @ Jan. 07 2003,06:25)]King Davide

I shall try to creat a decent Greek/Macedonian faction for your MOD, so I'll start fiddling around with files when I have the time.

I will use the units of Lord_Krazy for the Byzantines, they have potential to be used as Greek units. The Hosarioi can make great Hetairoi, the immortals decent Hypaspists, the Phrygiapsiloi = good Agriannes Javelin, the hoplites... well, hoplites, I will mod some of the existing archer units to build some Cretan Archers and so on... there are three or four other units that could fit into the timeframe, with a little modding. Hopefully, I'll find some time to work on this during the week, or else I'll have to spend some time during weekend (darn job... 12 hours a day... and I am a married man too )

Plus I'll try to add descriptions and other stuff, but I am not sure I'll be able to pull through that - I have only vague modding experience, due to my very limited time.

I won't create any graphics (my spouse is a graphics designer, but she won't help me with this, she hates MTW ) because that field is not my strong point, but I'll try to use existing ones.

If everything turns out fine, in a week or so your MOD can have a playable and fun Greek faction for those who prefer the Hellenes to the Romans
    I would suggest you submit your finished work to Barocca so he can add it to the mod. The Patrician mod already has the Macedonians under Alexander the great. It might just be a matter of making units for the Macedonians (Bizantines) at this point and watever else you like. They could use more portraits as well since they only have 2. Keep in mind that this mod is already titanic in size, I always keep it in the back of my mind that players need to get this titan downloaded and working on their PC. I try to make suttle changes to the game that will make it run the way its intended. I would suggest you take a careful look at the TW\MTW\Loc\Eng\Names,Descriptions,changes files and see how I changed the names in those before you name your units. Use the mod as a template of what you want to acomplish. I just dont like typing so much so I apreciate what you intend to do.

Quote[/b] (Sir Black Raven @ Jan. 07 2003,04:53)]King David first of all congratulations for this mod. I love it. I just download it and been playing it. Awsome.No problems of any kind when i executed it.
    THanks Raven, Were did you download it from ?

Here is how the Patrician uploads to the org progressed for those of you who are confused about Patrician versions and for those of you who are having a hardtime with selfinstalls:
    Dec,15,02:
    Patrician 1of2 and 2of2 zip files are the manual install files of the Patrician mod at this link:
    http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mtw_Uploads/MTWbeta/
    Dec,19,02:
    Test_KD_PatricianUpdate I think this is a self install not sure It may be a manual install.
    Dec,27,02
    Test_KD_PatricianUpdate
    Test_Patrician_NewPortraits Manual Install to add portraits to pagans and Romans.
    http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Mtw_Uploads/MTWbeta/
    For Baroccas information: These are those files you will be looking at for the compilation.
    I made a mistake and uploaded my latest update to the shogun uploads here:
    http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Stw_Uploads/STWbeta/
    Here you will get the New Vexilum for Favorite legion manual install and 01,06,03 Most current update manual install for Patrician.
    As of 01,07,03 you may download the whole ball of wax in the form of a selfinstall created by me at:
    This file is the bigest of all other versions and is the most uptodate file uploaded on 01,06,03. I am very sorry for all the confusion but that is just part of the Moding process for those of you who dare to make titanic mods.LOL

Thank you. I D/L from the last link and it updated the game just fine. I appreciate your efforts.

Quote[/b] (Saracen @ Jan. 07 2003,14:28)]Thank you. I D/L from the last link and it updated the game just fine. I appreciate your efforts.
    Now go kick sum Barbarian Ars

Patrician Portraits:
    For those of you who Play Patrician or plan on downloading it I suggest do the following after instalation:
    Go into TW\MTW\Campmap\Portraits\
    Pagan\General\Delete General25 to General62 portraits
    Catholic\King\Just keep King01 get rid of the rest
    Catholic\General\Keep the first 26 generals General01 to General26 and delete 27 and above
    Catholic\Pope\ Just keep pope01 get rid of the rest this is your Roman Consul for the patricians
    Orthodox\king\just keep king01 this is Alexander The Great
    get rid of the rest
    Orthodox\General\general01 and general02 are your greek hoplites get rid of the rest
    The portraits I provided are beautiful portraits ranging from Roman Legions to Famous Barbarians and so forth.
    Download the whole updated mod from here:

Here is a new issue. Loaded fresh game, modded etc etc. Finally got to load it. Picked Early, Centurion and in the middle of the load, you know red bar going from left to right I hear a "ding" error message, loading stops, computer stops. Since I cannot see the message I have to reboot machine. Did this 3 times using different sides, same result. Think I'll go play the real game this is becoming a "chore". Thanks for trying.

Exclamation

Quote[/b] (Saracen @ Jan. 07 2003,16:15)]Here is a new issue. Loaded fresh game, modded etc etc. Finally got to load it. Picked Early Centurion and in the middle of the load, you know red bar going from left to right I hear a "ding" error message, loading stops, computer stops. Since I cannot see the message I have to reboot machine. Did this 3 times using different sides, same result. Think I'll go play the real game this is becoming a "chore". Thanks for trying.
    Dude, The Mod Campaign is not EARLY. On the Campaign choice screen pick PATRICIAN. I have tested this mod extensively and would not issue a bomb like that to the players. Other players are playing it without any problems.I just did the same thing you did and I had the same result obviously. You must pick Patrician on that screen for it to work.

Well Dude, no where in your doc do you say that and my main menu did not show a Patrician choice until I scrolled down which I never had to do before, Dude Yes it works now but I have lost my enthusiasm for some reason to play it. So I won't be bothering you any further. Have a great day.

The Origianl Patrician download worked with Early High and late campaigns of the game but it dint look right because of the Religious issues of the game (Catholic Factions with romans) After extensive work on the unitprod11 file and the Patrician Campaign file there are distinktive differenses between the pagans (most factions) and the Catholics (The romans and patricians) This mod will not work with your current Early high and late campaigns for those reasons listed above. It can be made to do so by those of you who are adept at moding but I personaly dont care to do it because it takes away from the mod and the game.

Quote[/b] (Saracen @ Jan. 07 2003,17:39)]Well Dude, no where in your doc do you say that and my main menu did not show a Patrician choice until I scrolled down which I never had to do before, Dude Yes it works now but I have lost my enthusiasm for some reason to play it. So I won't be bothering you any further. Have a great day.
    This was posted in answer to your question just a couple days ago.:
    Instructions:
    I recomend you backup your entire Total War folder first.
    Once that is done then you just unsip the file to desktop or your fave unsip folder and simply click on the selfinstall program and the Mod will selfinstall.
    When you start your game Patrician should show up on the campaign selection screen. Select Patrician and Then Select your fave faction to begin your campaign. Anyone who installs mods into their game should backup their entire Total War folder (It just takes so darn long to reinstall if you dont) I will be uploading another update that you will be able to install by hand, it wont be allot of files but Barocca will eventualy added to the full mod. What do you like about this mod ?
    ADDENDUM: Make sure to scroll down till you find Patrician........

Quote[/b] (barocca @ Jan. 07 2003,05:11)]King David,
    i will do my best to find the baby sound update, the new portraits and your other odds and ends and compile them soon (this weekend most likely),
    ... not entirely sure what is happening this weekend at this stage ...

wed, thur and fri will be spent trying to finish the stw and new models (mostly standardv stw models, plus a couple of specials).
    cheers,
    B.
    Have a great time and thanks for all your help. Get sum rest.

Hellenic faction update

I managed to find a couple of hours to do some modding yesterday. It is proceeding like a charm I've added the following units to the Hellenes (renamed the Macedon kingdom to Hellenes - fits better historically and with the time frame):

- Royal guard (Kataphraktoi, slightly changed their stats)

- Hetairoi cavalry (the "Hosarioi" cavalry from L_K's unitpack, a tad upgraded)

- Prodromoi ippis (Pronoiai Allagion, downgraded)

- Hoplites (the Hoplites of L_K's unitpack)

- Psiloi (the PhrygiaPsiloi of L_K's unitpack)

Also I've added Phalanx pezeteri, Argyraspides, Hypaspists, Agema, Ionian Hoplites, Cretan Archers, Agriannes Javelinmen, Hammipoi, Skythes horsarchers, Paionian Scouts, Thracian Peltasts. I may add another unit or two.

Those are complete (with the respective descriptions and all) and I've even fiddled with the names of the Byzantines - now you can have a general called "Aristotle Athinaios" or "Themistokles Thibaios", maybe "Nearchos Olynthios" or even "Achileas Argeios"

Most of the units are region specific or available only in a limited number of regions (Greece, Constantinople, Nicaea, Crete, Cyprus for the "core" Hellenic units, while Thracians are only available in Constantinope, Bulgaria and Serbia etc. etc.).

They are not "new" units, they are just adoptations of existing in-game Byzantine units or units created for the Byzantines by Lord_Krazy, with their statistics fit to their new role.

I only had time to test them once and I've made it through a few rounds of the Patrician campaign before a CTD occured. I'll do some testing the next couple of days and hopefully I'll have them work properly in 4-5 days.

Then you can add them to the whole pack, if you wish so.

Any suggestions by King David? Someone else has any suggestions?
    CHIEF HISTORIAN

Quote[/b] (Rosacrux @ Jan. 08 2003,01:44)]Hellenic faction update

I managed to find a couple of hours to do some modding yesterday. It is proceeding like a charm I've added the following units to the Hellenes (renamed the Macedon kingdom to Hellenes - fits better historically and with the time frame):

- Royal guard (Kataphraktoi, slightly changed their stats)

- Hetairoi cavalry (the "Hosarioi" cavalry from L_K's unitpack, a tad upgraded)

- Prodromoi ippis (Pronoiai Allagion, downgraded)

- Hoplites (the Hoplites of L_K's unitpack)

- Psiloi (the PhrygiaPsiloi of L_K's unitpack)

Also I've added Phalanx pezeteri, Argyraspides, Hypaspists, Agema, Ionian Hoplites, Cretan Archers, Agriannes Javelinmen, Hammipoi, Skythes horsarchers, Paionian Scouts, Thracian Peltasts. I may add another unit or two.

Those are complete (with the respective descriptions and all) and I've even fiddled with the names of the Byzantines - now you can have a general called "Aristotle Athinaios" or "Themistokles Thibaios", maybe "Nearchos Olynthios" or even "Achileas Argeios"

Most of the units are region specific or available only in a limited number of regions (Greece, Constantinople, Nicaea, Crete, Cyprus for the "core" Hellenic units, while Thracians are only available in Constantinope, Bulgaria and Serbia etc. etc.).

They are not "new" units, they are just adoptations of existing in-game Byzantine units or units created for the Byzantines by Lord_Krazy, with their statistics fit to their new role.

I only had time to test them once and I've made it through a few rounds of the Patrician campaign before a CTD occured. I'll do some testing the next couple of days and hopefully I'll have them work properly in 4-5 days.

Then you can add them to the whole pack, if you wish so.

Any suggestions by King David? Someone else has any suggestions?
    Yes, The Greek infantry formation should be about 13 rows deep in the unitprod11 file. This will give it the phalanx look and feel douring battle. Example:
    FORMATIONS_PREFERRED_NUM_ROWS( 13 )" If you are not confortable with moding the unitprod file just do what you can on your end, upload the finished work to the org and Me and woever else is interested will tinker with it until we get the desired effects.

Well, by using those new tools I don't find it particulary hard to fiddle with the unitprod file, so I'll take a look at it. that should be the case for the hoplite and phalanx infantry only, of course.

I need another tip David: In order to change armor, attack, defence, valour numbers in the unitprod file, where else should I look up to reflect those changes? it says that it is linked to something so... what's up with it?

Btw about unit balancing... you have made the Roman units huge (for instance the Equitum cavalry) so should I do the same with the main Hellenic cavalry (Hetairoi, Royal Guard at least)? In order to get some balance.

When I've done the basics (and impose some stability to the whole structure) I'll upload the files, so you (or anyone else interested) can check them out and finetune them a bit, to fit into the general aspect of the mod.

CHIEF HISTORIAN

Quote[/b] (Rosacrux @ Jan. 08 2003,09:19)]Well, by using those new tools I don't find it particulary hard to fiddle with the unitprod file, so I'll take a look at it. that should be the case for the hoplite and phalanx infantry only, of course.

I need another tip David: In order to change armor, attack, defence, valour numbers in the unitprod file, where else should I look up to reflect those changes? it says that it is linked to something so... what's up with it?

Btw about unit balancing... you have made the Roman units huge (for instance the Equitum cavalry) so should I do the same with the main Hellenic cavalry (Hetairoi, Royal Guard at least)? In order to get some balance.

When I've done the basics (and impose some stability to the whole structure) I'll upload the files, so you (or anyone else interested) can check them out and finetune them a bit, to fit into the general aspect of the mod.
    Here is an example from the unitprod11 of the Roman Triarii infantry unit.
    OrderFootsoldiers INFANTRY 400 5 1 0 145 120 1 PREFERRED "CATH_HERETICS(1), CATH_ZEALOTS(5), CRUSADE(-15)" ENGLISH "POVERTY_STRICKEN(14.3), DESPERATE_DEFENCE(143), CATHOLIC_EXPANSIONIST(114.4), CATHOLIC_NAVAL_EXPANSIONIST(114.4), CATHOLIC_TRADER(143), CATHOLIC_CRUSADER_TRADER(143), CATHOLIC_EXPANSIONIST_CRUSADER(114.4), CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE_CRUSADER(171.6), POPE(214.5), CATHOLIC_DEFENSIVE(171.6), CATHOLIC_ISOLATIONIST(214.5), ORTHODOX_DEFENSIVE(171.6), ORTHODOX_EXPANSIONIST(114.4), ORTHODOX_STAGNANT(143), MUSLIM_PEACEFUL(143), MUSLIM_EXPANSIONIST(114.4), MUSLIM_DEVOUT(114.4), BARBARIAN_RAIDER(57.2), REBELS(143), CLOSE_TO_SUPPORT_LIMIT(57.2)" {TOWN_WATCH2} "DEFENDER,SPEAR" 4 ALL_PERIODS YES "HEIGHT( 85 ), RADIUS( 25 ), SCALE( 120 ), PROJECTILE_TYPE( JAV ), SAMURAI( YES ), MARCH_SPEED( 6 ), RUN_SPEED( 10 ), CHARGE_SPEED( 11 ), MIN_TURNSPEED( 2 ), MAX_TURNSPEED( 8 ), TURN_TO_MOTION_SPEED( 8 ), MAX_INMOTION_TURN( 96 ), FORMATION_WIDTH_SPACING( 60 ), FORMATION_LENGTH_SPACING( 60 ), ENGAGEMENT_THRESHOLD( 1500 ), CHARGE_BONUS( 5 ), MELEE_BONUS( 3 ), DEFENCE_BONUS( 3 ), ARMOUR_LEVEL( 3 ), HONOUR_LEVEL( 3 ), AMMO( 4 ), FORMATIONS_PREFERRED_NUM_ROWS( 13 )" NO "own_unit_tooltip1, own_unit_tooltip2, other_unit_tooltip1, other_unit_tooltip2" "MSHELM, YES, YES" "PAPIST, ENGLISH" "Missile, Shocktroop, Spear, Cavalry" "SKIRMISH(0), ADVANCE_PARTY(2),
    OUTFLANKING_FORCE(0), MAIN_BODY(2), HOLD_TERRAIN(2), RESERVE(1), REINFORCEMENT(1), ASSAULT(2), ASSAULT_COVER(0), ASSAULT_COVER_CASTLE_ATTACK(0), COVER(0)" CATHOLIC 2 FORMED LARGE YES 1 NO 1 4 SPEAR
    All the Roman Units are at 120 strength per cohort (Unit Type) I would not make them 200 because I dont want the player PC to crash midbattle. That is also hystoricaly correct for roman units. You may want to do research on those greek units, I dont know too much about them. Things like were they jav chuckers like the Gaul? If so you may want to turn your Greek inf into skirmishers like the unit above. Or you may want to turn them into shock troops like the Bastati anti cav and such. Do research on those units is my best advice. I dont know squat about the greeks but I would if I was realy interested. I did extensive research read 3 books, internet etc. Also the seting for the Patrician mod is at about 360 BC (The Gaul invasion of Rome)
    The Greeks had the most powerful navy (Naval Expansionist) They raided Naples a few times and even conquered it. Thats all I know about it.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast