Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 1861

Thread: XVI -XVII mod

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Default Re: XVI -XVII mod

Some of the new features in the mod.

Mamluk Khassaki finally lokk like supposed to

Russian feudal cavalry in longcoats

here in confused comabt with Polish husaria.

New Polish infantry from late XVIIth century

Bavarian cavalry prepared to caracole

and charging Finnish light horse

Ottoman assault infantry using granades

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nice, Ceg! I particularly like the Mamluk Khassaki.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Battle Creek,MI original from Ottawa, Ont. Canada

Exclamation Re: XVI -XVII mod

Cegorach, I would leave the grenades and regimental cannons up to you since you indicated there are limits to how many units in a scenario or campaign! More great pic's keep up the great work we do appreciate your dedication! I known my self right now I'm working 10 hour days for over a year now at least for 5 days during the week and Saturday 4-8 hours most weekends a few times on Sunday. Been follow forum post put not participating much in the chatting.
    Field Marshal SkyElf at your service. A Born Gamer.

I have BROKEN the limits - at least most of them, so don't worry.

He greatest thing is that the granades and regimental cannons HAVE DIFFERENT RANGE because they use different PROJECTILE lines.

I love those regimental cannons because it's great fun to blast holes in pike formations.

Any idea when beta testing will begin?

Any hour or in three days. If all fails I will have to reload some backups...

The only good thing is that when I am too much frustrated I tend to add new things to the mod which I am sure will not cause such problems.

It is going well - that is all I will tell about the beta now. This time I am not going to tell when the test will start untill I am sure everything is fine.

The good thing is that this allowed further improvements which otherwise would be added only in a future patch so not everything is so bad thanks to those errors...

With help of marsal Czech roster (and their office titles) has been improved:

two units more than I have designed earlier - the Silesian Reiters and the light infantry called Valasi

Those who like Granada will enjoy their improvements. The faction which was bugged in the earlier patched 1.5 will get not even some new options, but an entire generation of 'what if' units developed along to western pike and musket lines.

That was only possible due to help of Mouzafphaerre - an old supporter of this mod (see first few pages) and especially Leet Eriksson who provided realistic names for new units in the army.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

My unfulfilled promise of providing you names and heroes is still itching me. I want to do it sometime really, yet I'm not ready to renew my promise at this time.

Fizzil (Leet Eriksson) only deserves the credit; I was just the guy in the middle.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

here's to a successful betatest round and a great mod.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

Good news !

The larger obstacles have been annihilated !

For next days I will try to eliminate any other errors I can find and make sure the beta release and install itself are working well.

You will receive those when I feel secure enough to release that to the testers.

The testing must last more than twoo week and because I want to release the mod in the first week of March you will get a nice advantage over ordinary 'customers'.

In the meantime here are the Sun King's Ambition start positions:

Naples was given to the French to recreate short lived Naples Republic under their protection and hopefully it will add to the tension between the Spanish and the French who will face an immininet invasion from the Spanish army in the Papal States.

I'm looking forward to this. Here's hoping the testing goes smoothly.

Battle Creek,MI original from Ottawa, Ont. Canada

Exclamation Re: XVI -XVII mod

Cegorach, Would love to be a Beta Teaster but no time I hope things go well.
    Great News and again thanks for the hard work and dedication to a project you love!
    Field Marshal SkyElf at your service. A Born Gamer.

Very nice Ceg!

A minor issue to resolve.

This seems to be the most spiteful little error in the mod.

Honestly I cannot figure out what is causing the thing to appear and I believe I have already checked everything.

You know that from 1.5, but in 2.0 it will be even more visable since a number of castles are IMPOSSIBLE to build (and demolish).

My solution is to eliminate the flags altogether and use only the faction colours for the castles.

Battlefield flags will remain the same of course.

ANY thoughts ?

If the best option is to ditch the flags do so. We can tell
    the faction from the castle colour.

Thats my view.

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Hi Ceg,

that will be either the castle flag BIFs themselves or the co-ordinates in this section:

Code:
    //========================================							
    // Set the faction flag and selector icon hotspot positions for the strategy map castles							
    //========================================							
    SetCastleFlagPos::	             84 22	84 22	92 22	96 16	82 16	85 16	
    SetCastleSelectorPos::	52 5	52 5	53 11	52 11	52 11	52 11
    (this is taken from an Ancient startpos, yours will be different - looks like your x-coordinates are out, but only from the larger models)

These are pairs of co-ordinates for each level of castle, looks like for fort and keep should be okay, but higher ones are skewed.

Last edited by macsen rufus; 02-22-2008 at 14:28.
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Damn - 'najciemniej pod latarnia'. So obvious... and I have checked a dozen different things...

Thanks a lot ! I will take vanilla coordinates and try adjust those a bit if necessary.

Hi !

First I want to say I am still alive, though barely...

so is my computer.

This should explain a lot now

THANKFULLY I am certain I can retrive all the data I need to release the mod, but this screenshot shows the results of antivirus software fraking (yep - BSG viewer) with internet explorer, Gadu Gadu communicator with a decent part from MSN.

I have just installed Windows XP and Firefox + new antivir software on a brand new HDD.

Obviously I had A LOT OF TIME to think about the mod which means few, noteworthy changes (though WILL NOT require more than a couple of hours I am sure), though without any means to do anything, still the disaster didn't cause too much damage to 2.0 - more to other stuff I need to regain somehow ( a year at best...).

I need a couple of days now - it was some really bad time t me, but it should be over at least when it comes to modding/computer part of my life.

I must apologise I didn't post anything, but I REALLY vanished from this plane for the time and I didn't want to resemble a crying wolf ( ?? is the expression correct BTW) destroying the pitiful remnannts of my modding reputation.

A report about the progress tomorrow or on Thurstday

Glad to see you back and in one piece. I understood, but I think meant to say is you didn't want to, "cry wolf"

It comes from a bed time story about a boy who was watching a flock of sheep. It was his job to sound the alarm if he saw a wolf, which he did a few times just for fun. As the story goes, when a wolf did show up no one came because they thought it was a joke. As a result, the boy became the wolf's main entre. So the expression goes, you should never "Cry Wolf."

So much for trivia. If I could speak Polish as well as you speak English I'd consider myself fortunate.

Rick

Thumbs up Re: XVI -XVII mod

Hi Cegorach

Great news that you are back - and damage to 2.0 not too great. A lot of people have been worried about you and the Mod My son texted from holiday in Egypt to ask if you had been sighted The Egyptians have now been informed.

@Western

Just don't ask me about my mailbox - it will take ages to respond to all e-mails...

@Rick

I believe the story comes from Greek fairy tales and is known in the whole Europe.

I was more curious about the correct form of that in English, because I only remember it from Star Trek DS9 episode Improbable Cause if I am not wrong - my phrasebook broke down (on my PC...) and I was too lazy too search elsewhere.

About languages. I really must improve my skills, besides my sister is getting ahead of me with three foreign languages ( English, Spanish, Basque - all fluently) to my above avarage English and basic German and Russian, but soon I will take the "pole position" again when I take Japanese and Ukrainian a little more seriously than now.

OK. Here is the second phase of the recovery

Data is successfully retrieved - apparently rather intact, but still no sound and video or animation working ( DirectSound & Direct 3D errors).

At least the 'immortal' Paint is working now and believe me it was a problem only yesterday...

Another phase is finished.
    I have managed to run the mod and made some screenshots from the additions I have added before the computer decided to take a break.

One of several latest historical heroes added to the mod - the ruthless regent, but de facto ruler of Milan.

The ultimate Swiss unit in the game, virtually impossible to break.

A quick look at the latest ( in fact more than a mont old) concept in the game - I was thnking about adding more such structures showing various political changes during the entire period. In game terms they generate income, add some office titles and allow recruitment of more advanced units, though sometimes those advantages can be lost - when a faction enters a period of civil war or other turmoil.
    For now only the Swiss and the Georgians get such structures, more might appear in the future, but for now I want to release the mod as soon as possible.

But right now I will take a break and go to sleep, it was a hard day for sure.

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

yah, glad to see that everything was okay in the end Ceg. I was worried about not getting to kick some Cromwellian butt with the Confederate Irish.

here's to a successful beta-test and a great mod.
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

Cegorach,

Sincerely relieved that no severe ill has befallen you. Welcome back and best wishes.

Very pleased to see your back. We were all getting a little worried about you and the mod!

Welcome back, and glad you and your data have survived

The new Swiss pikes look like they'll be fun

Discussion forum thread

Sincerely relieved that no severe ill has befallen you
    I've actually cut myself while changing the HDD - so I can say I have shed blood for the good of the mod (even if it was only me who lost it) or frankly let's not be too modest - for the good of the whole mankind.

Hopefully the blood sacrifice will help a bit - computers are a bit a mystery to me , but I am not ging to chant while turning it off and on in WH40k technomagi style. At least not untill I am a bit more desperate.

I am getting back to modding this evening - it is actually done, but I forgot already what was not done or what I was supposed to correct.
    After that I will ask the volunteers if they are still willing to do anything because the promised two week advantage still counts.

I often 'chant' when using my computer, it usually goes something along the lines of: " "

Discussion forum thread

Wink Re: XVI -XVII mod

I've already mastered the kind of chanting while preparing 1.0, 1.5 and the rest. ;)

I've even rediscovered some phrases I have not used for long years.

Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505657585960616263 LastLast