Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: XVI -XVII mod

Aktacy Bei Member Eastside Character's Avatar

Crimean Khanate Units

Translated, but it was hard to find proper Tatar names for all of them, so I also used some Turkish terms - as those languages are very similar.

Nogay Tatars - Nogay Asker;
    Tatar Horsemen - Atli Tatarlar (p), Atli Tatar (s);
    Tatar Scouts - Izci Tatarlar (p), Izci Tatar (s);
    Crimean Cavalry - Kirim Suvari

(p) - plural
    (s) - singular

As for Kirim Suvari, i think they should have less arrows than a regular horse archer unit, to make the AI use it in melee more often (as they are quite strong).

If Nogays represent Nogay people, they should be available only in Crimea and Khazar.

Well, I think The Khanate should get some more units, those four are a bit too little I think.

Some ideas:

Kipchak Asker
    - similar stats as Nogays, but this unit should be missile, big numbers, almost no building requirements, cheap and with (very) low upkeep, fast as any other Tatar unit, poor morale, available in: Moldavia, Kiev, Crimea, Khazar, Volga-Bulgaria, Ryazan.

Keffe Bekci
    - a small (40-60) infantry riflemen unit, decent morale, available only in Crimea, actually Turkish soldiers stationing in Keffe, good defense, a bit worse attack, quite expensive, should require quite a few structures to be built, not available in early period.

I could come up with some few more ideas for Crimean units.

----------------------------------------------
    I was also thinking about sizes of units in this mod. I think it'd be the best if there would be only one size for each unit, not scalable sizes. Then we could have even 200 men units in some cases, more diversity.

BTW, I made some more info pics.

Regards,
    EC

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]These men are the most feared soldiers of Europe for a reason. Coming from the arid fields of Spain they fight for pride, money and arrogance. They are cruel and undisciplined, but not in a battlefield where they are the perfect battle machines of this time. Armed with pikes and swords and heavily armored, these men are able to hold most of the enemies they face.
    I just edited that a little bit:

These men are the most feared soldiers of Europe for a reason. Coming from the arid fields of Spain they fight for pride, money and arrogance. They are cruel and undisciplined, but in a battlefield they are one of the most perfect battle machines of this time. Armed with pikes and swords and heavily armored, these men are able to hold off most of the enemies they face.

How about this version?

This would be the desc for the Encamisados:

Handpicked from the different regiments, these men are the best of the best. To be chosen to form part of one of these units is a great honor, so there are always volunteers. Experts in coups de main, they wear white shirts over their clothes to distinguish themselves in battle. They are superb swordsmen, and also carry two pistols in case things get complicated.

PS. Great work EC

Could You include the link to that page in your sig so we dont have to scroll up pages and pages?

Regards.

SM

Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Great work EC.
    I'll re-work the units a little, and re-name of course.

I agrre about unit sizes.

Please send me Your latest Info-Pics if possible.
    And Husaria files if it is finished for now, I'd like to try them.

Swordmaster

Good descriptions. Please continue.

Hetman

Quote[/b] (Hetman @ June 02 2004,08:33)]1.Please send me Your latest Info-Pics if possible.

2.And Husaria files if it is finished for now, I'd like to try them.
    1. OK. Expect to receive them soon.

2. I'll send the files, but it's not finished.

see new info pics

Regards,
    EC

Quote[/b] (SwordsMaster @ June 02 2004,04:45)]Could You include the link to that page in your sig so we dont have to scroll up pages and pages?
    Good idea, I'll do this.

Regards,
    EC

Blog Entries

@EC: Just a suggestion: The last info pic image has a guy riding a horse, could you include the head of the horse on the pic as well? coz it seems a little nit strange like that.

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Quote[/b] (SwordsMaster @ June 02 2004,10:57)]@EC: Just a suggestion: The last info pic image has a guy riding a horse, could you include the head of the horse on the pic as well? coz it seems a little nit strange like that.
    The problem is, there was no head in the pic Hetman sent me. The pic doesn't have to be used.

Regards,
    EC

I edited the unit list in the page nr 7 - check it if You like.

Swordmaster

Your descriptions are good, but please avoid Past Tenses if possible.

NEW ideas

'MERCENARY' trade good. I'm sure You know this idea from Med Mod 3, but this is a little different.

First provinces with this trade good will be able to produce at least 1 type of buildable mercenary units i.e. mercenary pikemen, musketeers and so on, but this is going to be different for different provinces.

I'm not going to restrict the availability of INN only to this kind of provinces, but only in these places some very usefull units will be recruitable and the INN will be required to build them.

I still don't know which provinces will get this 'trade good'.

I'm thinking of German, Italian provinces + Portugal, Ireland, Prussia,
    Livonia and Novgorod.

BODYGUARD units

For most of factions - small units ( General, Maestre de Campo and so on), but some factions will get real combat units for bodyguards
    - to make them more dangerous or more difficult to eliminate.

For now - Scotland, Portugal, Sweden, Holland, Georgia, Crimean Khanate and Russia - will get this kind of bodyguards.

Regards Cegorach/Hetman

Quote[/b] (Eastside Character @ June 02 2004,11:56)]
    Quote[/b] (SwordsMaster @ June 02 2004,10:57)]@EC: Just a suggestion: The last info pic image has a guy riding a horse, could you include the head of the horse on the pic as well? coz it seems a little nit strange like that.
    The problem is, there was no head in the pic Hetman sent me. The pic doesn't have to be used.

Regards,
    EC
    This a picture of Czeremis cavalry.

I couldn't find anything better for them.

Hetman

Hi Hetman.
    Bohemian - Cesky (singular), Cesti (plural)
    Pikeman - Kopinik (singular)
    Pikemen - Kopinici (plural)
    Musketeer - Musketyr (singular)
    Musketeers - Musketyri (plural)
    So Bohemian Pikemen - Cesky Kopinik (singular), Cesti Kopinici (plural);
    Bohemian Musketeers - Cesky Musketyr (singular), Cesti Musketyri (plural);
    Bye.

Quote[/b] (SpetzNatz @ June 03 2004,04:10)]Hi Hetman.
    Bohemian - Cesky (singular), Cesti (plural)
    Pikeman - Kopinik (singular)
    Pikemen - Kopinici (plural)
    Musketeer - Musketyr (singular)
    Musketeers - Musketyri (plural)
    So Bohemian Pikemen - Cesky Kopinik (singular), Cesti Kopinici (plural);
    Bohemian Musketeers - Cesky Musketyr (singular), Cesti Musketyri (plural);
    Bye.
    Thanks

At request...
    Translation for Scottish units of this period is not required

Gaelic was spoken only in the Western Isles and Highlands, this would be the Clansmen.

All the other units would be known by English or French names.

What may cause confusion is the Scots version of English, but it is English even if it don't sound like it.
    If you need information of the main family names of this period please let me know peter@moraydtp.co.uk , I'm not always at these forums, or PM at www.thelordz.co.uk/forum .

Hope this helps,
    LoM

Blog Entries

Quote[/b] ]Swordmaster

Your descriptions are good, but please avoid Past Tenses if possible.

NEW ideas

'MERCENARY' trade good. I'm sure You know this idea from Med Mod 3, but this is a little different.

First provinces with this trade good will be able to produce at least 1 type of buildable mercenary units i.e. mercenary pikemen, musketeers and so on, but this is going to be different for different provinces.

I'm not going to restrict the availability of INN only to this kind of provinces, but only in these places some very usefull units will be recruitable and the INN will be required to build them.

I still don't know which provinces will get this 'trade good'.

I'm thinking of German, Italian provinces + Portugal, Ireland, Prussia,
    Livonia and Novgorod.
    Ok, I will keep the past tenses in mind

Great Idea about the mercs
    I suggest also some middle east province, such as Syria or Antioch. Dont know about Ireland tho, the only units they should be avialable to build easily are irish clansmen...

There is progress in unit graphics. To know more, check 'My Pages' link in my sig.

Regards,
    EC

I made descriptions for some of Russian units.

Russian Nobles Cavalry - Russian Znat. 40 men in squad. It must be expensive and elite unit. Armoured, with shield, armed with sabre and bow (pistols since XVII century).
    Description:

Russian Znat
    Znat was the highest class of Russian society. They had the best weapons and decorated heavy armour; their horses were decorated too. Znat began battle shooting arrows in enemies. This cavalry's charge was very strong but they were not suited for long fight.

Special characteristics:
    - Excellent charge
    - Undisciplined

---------------------------------------------------

Pomestnaya Cavalry (or just Russian Cavalry). 40-60 men in squad. I'm still not sure how to call this cavalry. Because Russian Nobles Cavalry is the part of pomestnaya cavalry too (talking historically accurately); but Nobles are special small part of pomestnaya cavalry with better armour and weapon. So you can call this unit Pomestnaya Cavalry (if you want it to sounds more Russian) or Russian Cavalry. Both names are alright.
    Description:

Pomestnaya Cavalry
    Pomestnaya Cavalry was the backbone of Russian army in XV-XVII centuries. It consisted of people who owned land (pomest'e) for their service. Their armour was tegilyay - long short-sleeved quilted wear with stand-up collar - and cotton cap with chain-mail lining. They was armed with bows and spear or sovna (weapon with long wide curved one-sided blade), rich cavalrymen had sabre. Pomestnaya Cavalry attacked enemy by disorderly screaming croud to the sounds of horns and drums. It was hard to stand up against their charge but if their attack failed Pomestnaya Cavalry could even flee the battlefield.

Special characteristics:
    - Excellent charge
    - Undisciplined
    - Poor moral
    - Bonus vs armoured units (if you'll arm P.C. with sovnas)

---------------------------------------------------

Russian Royal Bodyguards (Rynda - sing., Ryndy - plur.). It's unit of Russian tsars and heirs (20 men in squad). I think they must be cavalrymen with dismount option. In mounted state they must be like Russian Nobles (armour, sabre, shield) but with greater statistics. In dismounted state they are axemen dressed like shown on pic I posted on page 5 of this thread.
    Description:

Ryndy
    Ryndy were bodyguards and armour-bearers of Russian tsars and grand princes. They accompanied tsar in trips and campaigns. During palace ceremonies ryndy were armed with big decorated axe - posolski topor - and stood on each side of throne.

To be continued...

I think this mod will need new portraits, preferably different for every faction. I already found a set of pictures of Ottoman Sultans, and I'm going to make portraits using them. If you can provide appropriate pictures for any faction (starting from leader portraits), send them to me and I'll make portraits. Soon you'll see something.

Regards,
    EC

Blog Entries

EC, I just shipped you a huge amount of pics. The ones labelled with names are kings/princesses, and the units (mostly from figures) are labelled (unit type_century). There are about 20 pics, so it might take a while...

Regards

Blog Entries

hey, EC, just realized that i dont have your email... So I sent the pics to Hetman... mistake....

Next Scotland, I hope the mod has a Scottish faction

James III

James IV

James V

Mary
    Although I don´t think we can´t have any queens, do we?

James VI

Charles I

Charles II

James VII

And to increase the number of portraits
    the son of James VII
    James VIII

And now we go to the other edge of the continent.

Russian monarchs

Ivan III
    Sadly I don´t think that there is any coloured picture of him.

Vasili III

Ivan IV

Feodor I

Boris Godunov

Feodor II

Vasili IV Shuisky

Mikhail Romanov

Alexey Mikhailovich

Feodor Alekseevich
    He is clearly too young in this picture.
    Maybe you can do something with this black and white image.
    Or this one, this is clearly not authentic though.

Ivan V

Peter I

Blog Entries

I have been thinking about the merc trade good ad these are the provs I think should have it:

Portugal,Naples, Genoa, Malta, Tunisia or Algiers, Istanbul, Crimea/Crym, Livonia, Ireland (exotic -american- units maybe?), Switzerland, Prussia, [one Dutch province here].

Also we would haveto distinguish between different types, so say Crimea or Istambul would be unlikely to build reitars, and Portugal wouldnt build Jenissaries.

And I also thought about some units such as Colonial warriors, which would be a unit suited for fighting in the desert, with poor organization and available to the countries with lots of colonies (maybe dependant on the East Indies Company building or something).

Anyways thats all,
    Regards.

Swedish Monarchs

*Hans

1497-1501

*Kristian II

1520-1521

Gustav Vasa

1496-1560

Erik XIV

1560-1568

Johan III

1568-1592

Sigismund

1592-1599

Karl IX

1604-1611

Gustav II Adolf

1611-1632

Kristina

1632-1654

Karl X Gustav

1654-1660

Karl XI

1660-1697

Karl XII

1697-1718

*The two first are Danish Kings of the Kalmar Union.

Maybe we could ignore the Danish monarchs and use the Stures instead?

Sten Sture the Elder

Svante Sture

Sten Sture the Younger

Trax, Wilpuri, thank you both for providing the pictures. I'm not going to use them all tho, as some of them are of considerably lower quality than others. Luckily, I've found good replacements for those low quality pics (actually pictures of the same monarchs, but better versions).

Regards,
    EC

Well some pics are indeed of low quality. I tried to give contemporary images whenever possible, so it is quite natural.

BTW, you still need more pics for more countries, right?

Quote[/b] (Trax @ June 05 2004,07:40)]BTW, you still need more pics for more countries, right?
    Yes, I need more. For king's portraits I think we first should use portraits of kings there really were, then if we need more, we can use portraits of their brothers, uncles, so other royals. The page with portraits is now updated, portraits of Swedish (10) and French (also 10) monarchs have been added. In case a ruler wasn't an adult, don't post such pictures, as they're not going to be used. I'm not ging to make black-and-white portraits either, so if you have only such pics, I'll probably either not use it, or try to colorize it.

Regards,
    EC

Blog Entries

EC, Hetman has a lot of pics that you will need for units and kings, among them a reasonable Encamisado, which was REALLY hard to find.

So Hetman if you can, send that email to EC, as I dont have his email address.

Regards.

Portuguese kings

Afonso V The mod begins 1480, right?

Joao II

Manuel I

Joao III

Sebastiao I

Henrique I

Now we have some Spanish monarchs in the list, I will not post their pictures right now.

Joao IV

Afonso VI

Pedro II

edit: fixed names and pictures

Blog Entries

@Trax

You have Pedro II under both Pedro II and Alfonso VI.

Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast