Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: XVI -XVII mod

@Eastside Character

BTW I made an alternative image of Henri IV based on the picture I gave above. IMHO it seems to be much better painting from a much more skillful artist. The one you used is like painted in a century older style.

Otherwise very fine job

edit: I´m not nitpicking. I´m just firm believer that little details are important

Kings of Denmark
    Christian I

Hans

Christian II I chose a different picture then the Swedish Christian posted above to avoid situation where two different factions have exactly the same portrait.

Frederik I

Christian III

Frederik II

Christian IV

Frederik III

Christian V

Frederik IV

OK i have nothing better to do at the moment so i decided to make the Danish portraits myself If there is anything wrong with them just say so and i stop.

Here is the full, complete list of provinces with buildable mercenary option, although some other provinces will be able to create one or two
    such units, but only for one or two factions.

Egypt,Palestine,Constantinopole - for Ottomans only mercenary artillery, for europeans more unit choices;

Cyprus,Rhodes,Crete,Malta - important for Venetia and the Knights;

Carpathia,

Crimea - for artillery units mostly because Crimean Khanate will not be able to create artillery different than buildable mercenaries;

Novgorod,

Denmark,

Livonia,

Prussia,

Pomerania,Silesia,Bohemia,Austria,Bavaria,Franconia,Saxony,Brandenburg,
    Friesland,Lorraine,Swabia,Switzerland,Tyrolia,Flandres - whole HRE + Dutch and Swiss provinces;

Burgundy,Provence,

Ireland,

Scotland,Northumbria - Scottish mostly;

Venice,Milan,Genoa,Tuscany,Rome,Naples,The Papal State,Sycily - i.e. whole Italy;

Aragorn,

Portugal - useful for Portugal;

Regards Hetman

Swordmaster - I will.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Aragorn
    and his army of ghosts I hope?

BTW I like your ideas. Good luck in creating new mod

Kiev, Khazaria and Volgo-Bulgaria should be added to list of provinces with building mercenaries option because of ability to hire cossacks and Turkic cavalry there.

Also Khazaria and Volgo-Bulgaria must be renamed. I suggest:
    - Kazan for Volgo-Bulgaria with castle Kazan;
    - Dikoe Pole (wild field) for Khazaria with castle Azov (must be replaced close to sea).

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@ Dead Moroz

I think that in the map we are finally going to use, Kazar is going to be splitted (I dont know for sure, but if even Castile is splitted, I believe with the size Kazar has it will be too), but I am not too sure in which way.So we might even have 2 castles. Agree with Azov BTW. Apart from that, Azov should be situated in a flat map with the castle having the sea at 2 sides. Hard to take.
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Aktacy Bei Member Eastside Character's Avatar

Quote[/b] (Dead Moroz @ June 07 2004,14:41)]Also Khazaria and Volgo-Bulgaria must be renamed. I suggest:
    1.- Kazan for Volgo-Bulgaria with castle Kazan;
    2.- Dikoe Pole (wild field) for Khazaria with castle Azov (must be replaced close to sea).
    1. I agree.
    2. Why so? If Volga-Bulgaria becomes Kazan, which is (was) situated a bit more to the east, why not renaming Khazar to Astrakhan then? Then governors of these provinces could be respectively Khan of Kazan and Khan of Astrakhan.

Regards,
    EC

If there is going to be a new map, then I think that the new provinces will mostly have to go to the smaller factions.

Like Portugal, Holland, Scotland etc

Portugal to two parts (Oporto and Algarve?)
    Scotland to Lowlands and Highlands?

Unfortunatly making a map is very hard or so I have heard, I have so many good ideas for it.

Quote[/b] (Dead Moroz @ June 07 2004,14:41)]Kiev, Khazaria and Volgo-Bulgaria should be added to list of provinces with building mercenaries option because of ability to hire cossacks and Turkic cavalry there.
    These are going to be regional units available to Poland, Tatars, Ottomans, Russia, Ukraine and Georgia.

Hetman

Quote[/b] (Datka @ May 26 2004,16:11)]Hetman
    Quote[/b] ]I think it is possible to add Georgia as a playable faction in all periods.
    Your units proposals are quite good, have to ask You several questions.
    Thanks

Quote[/b] ]Georgian riflemen - what kind of firearm were they using, arquebus or a musket ( and how fast were they shooting).
    Well rifles appeared in Georgia very late. It was because of absolute isolation from Europe, caused by the Ottomans. Thats why I say theme should be no riflemen in Early. Only in the XVI century they appeared in Georgia. Few were made here by separate craftsmen, and some were imported from Europe (through the Crimea). By the end of XVI century only about 4-5% of Geogian warriors were armed with rifles. In XVII century their number rose a bit, but still they were few. I cant tell you exactly wether these were arquebuses or muskets. I guess they were the same that were in Europe in the corresponding periods.

Quote[/b] ]2. Cavalry.
    Did they use shields or armour, armoured steeds maybe ?
    Yes they should have shields and armour, not very heavy though.
    Horses were not armoured.

Quote[/b] ]3.
    Which ones were disciplined or elite ?
    Elite:
    Elite Mkhedrebi
    Swordsmen Mkhedrebi
    Spearmen Mkhedrebi
    Aragvian Warriors

Disciplined:
    Elite Mkhedrebi

Quote[/b] ]4.
    Could You send me some info useful for units' descriptions, building requirements and so on.
    Well one will hardly find any such info in Internet, in English especially . I use the books. Georgian ones. So I can't send you a direct info, I'll have to work on it myself :). I can write the descriptions.
    About building requirements - I guess new buildings will be in this Mod. So I must know their system (tree) to define the requirements.

And tell me all the other info u need. I guess I will be able to provide u with most of what is required for the adding of a faction. The only problem are the pictures. I cant find them, I hope u can do without them...
    Datka

I think You could use georgian names for the units You proposed ( I mean translations, plural and singular form).
    The adjective 'georgian' isn't necessary.

Another thing - please choose the most appriopriate pictures and icons from the ones used in the MTW for Your proposals.
    Download BifReader from ORG downloadable tools - this really could help You to choose which ones are the best for this purpose.

My e-mail Cegorach@wp.pl in case You have any useful info which You can't post ( too large).

regards Hetman

Quote[/b] (Hetman @ June 08 2004,04:12)]Another thing - please choose the most appriopriate pictures and icons from the ones used in the MTW for Your proposals.
    We can make new icons, more appropriate ones.

Regards,
    EC

Hetman,
    here are Georgian names for the units

English - Georgian Plural - Georgian Singular:

Speramen Mkhedrebi - Shubosani Mkhedrebi - Shubosani Mkhedari

Swordsmen Mkhedrebi - Khmlosani Mkhedrebi - Khmlosani Mkhedari

Elite Mkhedrebi - Elite Mkhedrebi - Elite Mkhedari

Georgian Foot Warriors - Kveiti Meomrebi - Kveiti Meomari

Georgian riflemen - Metopheni - Metophe

Georgian Mountainers - Mtiulebi - Mtiuli

Aragvian Warriors - Aragvlebi - Aragveli

Regards, Datka

Blog Entries

check out this link for more unit images.

Thanks guys from the Two crowns mod.

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

OK, here is the next bunch of portraits.

Doges of Venice.
    Giovanni Mocenigo

Marco Barbarigo

Agostino Barbarigo

Leonardo Loredano

Antonio Grimani

Andrea Gritti

Lorenzo Priuli

Pietro Loredano

Sebastiano Veniero

Antonio Priuli

Francesco Cornaro

Most of the doges don´t have coloured portraits available, including the high and late era starting monarchs, which is particularly bad. I would be very nice, if anyone could find those pics.

There is a page with black and white portraits of most of them though.
    http://www.doge.it/dogi/menalf.htm

edit: some of the links seems to have gone missing during posting, I try to replace them later

Quote[/b] (Eastside Character @ June 08 2004,02:21)]
    Quote[/b] (Dead Moroz @ June 07 2004,14:41)]Also Khazaria and Volgo-Bulgaria must be renamed. I suggest:
    1.- Kazan for Volgo-Bulgaria with castle Kazan;
    2.- Dikoe Pole (wild field) for Khazaria with castle Azov (must be replaced close to sea).
    1. I agree.
    2. Why so? If Volga-Bulgaria becomes Kazan, which is (was) situated a bit more to the east, why not renaming Khazar to Astrakhan then? Then governors of these provinces could be respectively Khan of Kazan and Khan of Astrakhan.
    Volgo-Bulgaria was situated just on place where Kazanian khanate was later and where modern Tatarstan is now. I agree with you EC if you mean that location of Volgo-Bulgaria on MTW's map is wrong.
    But we can't rename Khazaria to Astrakhan, even if it will be splitted. Because Astrakhan is situated on delta of Volga close to Caspian Sea - but we have no Caspian Sea on MTW's map.

Khazaria can be splitted into two parts:
    - Dikoe Pole - big steppe region with castle Azov. There will be Turkic nomads living here.
    - Caucasia - mountain land between Dikoe Pole and Georgia. There will be different Caucasian tribes living here. The name of rebels could be Circassians. They will be good cavalrymen. The name of regional castle I can choose later.

Citazione[/b] ]check out this link for more unit images.

hy guys

Quote[/b] (SwordsMaster @ June 08 2004,06:58)]check out this link for more unit images.

Very good link indeed.

Regards,
    EC

Is there anybody among us who can create 3d graphics? How about preparing this mod for RTW?

Blog Entries

Ok, sorry for the gap in between but heres a desc for picas secas:

These men are veterans who served for a few years in different campaigns and are disciplined in battle, but arrogant and prone to rebellion in peace. Armed with short pikes and swords and light armour they are valuable and reliable medium infantry, and form the backbone of all spanish armies in Europe.

My computer isnt prepared for RTW unfortunatly, so Im not your man Dead Moroz.

DO you now any good site about history of Poland in 1772-1795 period

I must say that this mod sure makes me interested Unfourtunately there seems to be a lack of organization? someone is writing about a super horse all the time I have a quick queston is this mod supposed to focus only on poland russia crimea georgia , eastern europe?

Blog Entries

@ Azid:

Not really. You can look at the unit roster at page 7. We havent started testing yet, so everything is still subject to changes. I dont want to have undestructable unit either.

Quote[/b] (SwordsMaster @ June 09 2004,14:56)]We havent started testing yet, so everything is still subject to changes.
    Exactly, the playtesting will show what changes are needed.

Quote[/b] (azid @ June 09 2004,14:53)]I have a quick queston is this mod supposed to focus only on poland russia crimea georgia , eastern europe?
    Certainly not.

Quote[/b] (azid @ June 09 2004,14:53)]Unfourtunately there seems to be a lack of organization?
    Slowly but surely the Mod is progressing. Every person involved in the project is doing what they can. The fact that there are no formal arrangements among the crew, doesn't mean there's no organization. Things are fine.

Regards,
    EC

Blog Entries

I thought you might want to have a look at the images at the bottom of this page in case theres something that could be usable for our mod.

This is another good page I found.

here

this is another page with figures that could be useful.

and this is another one from Cossacks.

Regards.

i would happy to help you with my knowdlege about venetian army i promised that i will give you all the name of the venetians units
    .......but you must give me some day anyway

this is a link about venetian army in
    http://www.doge.it/esercito/eserc1.htm
    http://www.doge.it/esercito/eserc10.htm
    http://www.doge.it/esercito/eserc11.htm

in 1400-500 venetian used ,like all italian states the mercenaries army the famous ''condottieri''
    the great part of mercenaries in 1400 were italians
    but venetians used troups that came from abrod like the famous '' Stradiotti'': a light balcan greek cavalry
    or swiss pikeman
    in 1400 -500 the italians army were very complete it had all kind of troups
    -archers ''arcieri''
    -archibuiser ''archibugieri''
    -pavise arbalesters ''balestrieri pavesi''
    -light infantry ''fanteria leggera''
    -heavy cavalry ''cavalleria corazzata''
    -light cavalry ''cavalleggeri''
    -crossbowman with horse ''balestrieri a cavallo''
    ecc the only differen between heavy cavalry and light cavalry was that the horse that had the armour in the first case and not in the second
    the italians hadn't a heavy infantry of pikeman of good quality at least until the second half of 1500 so they used troup for example of swiss pikemans
    anyway in the 600 the venetian army were very similar at all europeans army with pikeman and musqueters and the condottiery system disappared ...
    and borned a lot of different cavalry units like in all europe :-dragoon ''dragoni''
    -and units of ''corazze '' an heavy cavalry units (like the curaisser)
    the balcans troups continued to be used in the army .....
    gimme some day and i will give you more news
    hy guys

Also, if you happen to find any coloured portraits of Venetian doges (in addition to those I posted above) it would be most welcome. Particularly of those, who were in power in 1571 and 1648

Quote[/b] (Eastside Character @ June 09 2004,17:08)]
    Quote[/b] (SwordsMaster @ June 09 2004,14:56)]We havent started testing yet, so everything is still subject to changes.
    Exactly, the playtesting will show what changes are needed.

Quote[/b] (azid @ June 09 2004,14:53)]I have a quick queston is this mod supposed to focus only on poland russia crimea georgia , eastern europe?
    Certainly not.

Quote[/b] (azid @ June 09 2004,14:53)]Unfourtunately there seems to be a lack of organization?
    Slowly but surely the Mod is progressing. Every person involved in the project is doing what they can. The fact that there are no formal arrangements among the crew, doesn't mean there's no organization. Things are fine.

Regards,
    EC
    Sorry if expressed myself in a rude way im an arrogant swede so nice things are progressing if you need any help with history descriptions etc, anything I would happily help as I have a great interest in eurpean history. Keep on working and thanks for your replies guys

Blog Entries

Azid, We lack info about the kingdom of Fez and the German states, it would be great if you could provide some about those.

Regards.

alright i will work later tonight on it =) timeperiod is 1500 - 1700 about?
    is fez the small kingdom opposite to gibraltar conquered by portugals private crusade in 1500 ? nvm, i'll find out =)

Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast