Thread: Strategy games for the Xbox

I would really, really like to be able to play a strategy game on my Xbox. Doesn't matter what type, turn based, RTS, God game, Management, Sports Sim, anything.

The only one that I can think of is Champ Manager 01/02. Sadly SI decided to release only that one version on the Xbox (which I still might pick up if I see it cheapo somewhere).

Anyone help me out?
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

If you want an RTS on a console, you are just asking for trouble. I hear Gladius is very good. It's a turn based part RPG strategy game.

Chuck that Xbox and get something else.
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship But it is not this day, an hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day This day we fight” – Aragorn, King of Gondor

-=Allies & Axis Total War=-

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

I have Gladius on my nintendo, it is pretty good if you like turn based strategy. Very good combat system and very bad story, worth a rental.

AKA Leif 3000 TURBO Senior Member Leet Eriksson's Avatar

Gladius is good,but if you like warcraft style strategy then try Goblin Commander,its a pretty good game.
    Texas is Gods country! - SFTS
    SFTS = The rest =

But like I said, an RTS on a console is just a bad idea all around.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (nightcrawlerblue @ June 15 2004,23:00)]Chuck that Xbox and get something else.
    gee thanks

@ Others: RTS would be a desperate last choice, but it really does seem like *any* kind of strategy/management game is rather rare on the xbox.
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Quote[/b] (Mount Suribachi @ June 16 2004,02:18)]
    Quote[/b] (nightcrawlerblue @ June 15 2004,23:00)]Chuck that Xbox and get something else.
    gee thanks

@ Others: RTS would be a desperate last choice, but it really does seem like *any* kind of strategy/management game is rather rare on the xbox.
    Glad to be of service.
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship But it is not this day, an hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day This day we fight” – Aragorn, King of Gondor

-=Allies & Axis Total War=-

AKA Leif 3000 TURBO Senior Member Leet Eriksson's Avatar

Fullspectrum Warrior is an RTS for xbox too,give it a try.
    Texas is Gods country! - SFTS
    SFTS = The rest =

Indeed, I forgot all about Full Spectrum Warrior. That got absolutely RAVE reviews, and Penny Arcade said it was awesome, which is good enough for me.

Check that out, it's supposed to be great.

Gladius is very fun, kind of a strategy, role-play, sport-manage game rolled into one. I found the combat system very fun and entertaining and the ability to create your own unique school of 20 gladiators is very cool.
    Innovative Soy Solutions (TM) for a dynamically changing business environment.

I dont think that consoles liek xbox and playstation should bother with strategy games... it seems to be much easier to control on a computer with a simple point and click rather than working all the differnet buttons on one of the controls...
    basically I only go to consoles for RPGS, Action, or Adventure games... Im not a fan of sports games.

for computer you have to stick with the strategy and RPGs, strategy just seems to be a time tested success on computers... why even bother with a console when it comes to games that normally require so many precise actions by clicking and dragging and whatnot when it can eisly be done with 1 finger rather than two hands