Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problem with HTW install

Default Re: Problem with HTW install

I've already got throught it, Flip. I just can't enter any games because they are Medieval Total War games, not hellenic ones !! I was unaware that everybody on the 3 platforms - MTW, VI-MTW and HRW - share the same lobby. So, there is no trouble with my version. The trouble is that just a few people run either the VI mod or the HTW one. That's a pity !!

Thx for your kind help
    braz

My problem occurs in game. At the end of the install it says that a file is invalid or corrupt or something. The game plays perfectly until a battle loads. After it fully loads and a popup shows saying that some kind of texture failed to load. I hit OK and it goes back to the campaign. Can you give me any help. if you need exact details i can give them to you.

I'm really bummed that i can't play battles. Especially cause in that particular battle i was the Spartans and i was gonna conquer Messinia. I had a unit of charioteers that i was gonna use to rip them apart.

BTW do i use them as regular cavalry? Will they stand up to a phalanx well or is that suicide? I'm putting them up agianst the earlier units right now.

thirchak18,
    are you using last version? did you followed the procedure install?
    are you using default unit army size in options?
    CHIEF DESIGNER

Hellenic Total War

What utility do you use to add or remove army units from the starting line up on the campaign map?

Default Re: The Calendar Trouble

Flip

Here goes a suggestion about the date: IT COULD BE USED AN OLYMPIC CALENDARIUM. I know that was not exactly a common practice ont those times but...it would suit for our gaming purposes AND at least the counter would be advacing ahead in numbers. 1st olyimpics...2nd...3rd...and so on.

The main difficult I see is. It would be necessary to do 2 counters. One for the Olympics 1st, 2nd...and other for the year on the olympic eve. 1st year of 3rd olympics, 2nd year of 8th olympics...etc.

And other: Olympic counting in the geometric era ???

Quote Originally Posted by flip
    Brazidas,

Mabe they have a old version, can you tell when you downloaded yours?

MTW engine dont deal with BC dates so, its a work around, but Komninos may explain better this.

ok this problem is not like the one you guys were talking about but i dont know where to put it and it might have something to do with the install but i am new and just downloaded HTW from the HTW site and everything went fine in the installation but when it was over and i clicked to begin nothing happened. The Viking invasion screen comes up like its about to start then it just goes away and nothing happens. i dont know what that means or what the problem is but i could use help cause i want to play this mod.
    -AC

|LGA.3rd|General Clausewitz Member Kaiser of Arabia's Avatar

I have a problem downloading;
    I am using Leechget or whatever download manager and I have downlaoded almost half (on a 56k modem that takes a lot of time) and i get "An unknown error has occured please try again" and when I do try again I get "Operation aborted on request" what the hell is wrong?

Why do you hate Freedom?
    The US is marching backward to the values of Michael Stivic.

This is not really an installation question but more of a n00b question:
    What is hot key to let you swivel a unit around or move it and face it without changing the depths of its line? I remembered doing this in MTW(like 2 years ago) but i cant find the key in the controls menu. Also the key for swiveling around an entire formation of units without changing depth of units or unit's position in the formation, in case the enemy tries to flank you and you have to turn around your unit. I hate have to make sure all my hoplites are exactly 7 ranks deep by dragging the unit across the field.

Last question, this is more installation related, is that after i installed and i played campaign games, and try to exit to desktop, the game freezes. I get this in MTW but not as often. Also, in the campaign(Geometric), i'm in the year 150s or so playing Macedonian and everyone has very large armies. but for some reason, during the "thinking" phase(where the AI decides what to do) it always take like a whole minute when it gets to the Thracians, but not other factions. Maybe they have a million units, but so do the other factions. THis is very annoying because each turn takes forever to compute.
    "Efficiency is intelligent laziness." -David Dunham

@Iamac06

You have installed HTW to a different location on your disc be sure to install it to the right map,check your harddisc where you have put it.

@Caporegime1984

Using download managers seem to give problems all the time people use them to download HTW,nothing to do with the HTW files.Try to download via a broadband connection.

@Vodkafire

It has to do with your PC hardware abilities(slower PC's tend to do this),sometimes it helps to save the game,quit the game,restart your computer and load the game again.

LZoF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12