Thread: wtf?? left click right click

Senior Member Senior Member 1dread1lahll's Avatar

Default wtf?? left click right click

Thats it??? where are the commands??? I hope to god the demo is incomplete, without the all the marching commands, turning waypoints ect, multi is going to be very pitiful.

Default Re: wtf?? left click right click

waypoints are in, run command, charge, command archers/skirmishers to melee, it's all there just use the same keys as in mtw (except the right-click to move)

Senior Member Senior Member RTKLamorak's Avatar

once im used to it i think left click select right click move is a good idea. To often a mistimed left click has cost me dear, now i can select units and kno damn sure i wont accidently move a previously selected unit

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Hit F1 when in battle and you can see all the key commands. Some has been changed like Run and how to make and select groups.

CBR

EXACTLY LamoraK!

That is exactly what I thought. I like the right click move, left click select for that reason, that I dont accdently move a unit when I tried to select.

THANK YOU CA
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

An improvement to be sure...but it's gonna' be tough to get used to

-Soul
    I don't wanna get off on a rant here but............That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Command, come in. Have arrived in Venice, streets filled with water. Please advise.

Resident Lurker

Just how does one click and drag a group into a line? I try this, but my groups are all locked into the same positions they were in when I formed them. It works when I use multiple groups and non-grouped units, but not groups. How am I going to quickly re-organize my groups if things are like this? I guess I'll have to experiment with the group formations more. I don't prefer to use those.
    "Never in physical action had I discovered the chilling satisfaction of words. Never in words had I experienced the hot darkness of action. Somewhere there must be a higher principle which reconciles art and action. That principle, it occurred to me, was death." -Yukio Mishima

Left click move, right click select is great. I do wonder if/how you can get a unit to turn on the spot, altering its facing. That function is probably still in there somewhere...

I also love the new number assigning system, ctrl+number to assign, number to recall. I asked for this ages ago, so thanks are due. However I can't seem to assign a number to just a single unit, for example I can't assign my general to the 0 key like I used to. That is a real drawback as I often assigned single units to hotkeys.

I would second Kongamoto's question about dragging units into a line. When I try it with the three spear units in Trebia I end up with the units in uneven ranks with big gaps between them. I suspect I shall have to use the 'group formation: single line' to get a continuous, even line of spears. It used to be possible with just dragging. Reliance on group formations to handle this could prove fiddly.

Tyhe demo exhibits some great features but sadly I find many of the overcast by details such as the inability to assign a single unit to a number. Here's hoping these shadows are demo only issues.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Pontifex Maximum Member Lucius Lucullus's Avatar
    Somewhere out of sight of the green martians

I really must add my voice to the praise of the left click=select, right click=move/attack crowd, no more accidentally selecting one of your units when you try to charge into a melee

Default all grouping is not equal

I found I was able to click-and-drag a group if I number-grouped it instead of pressing the "G" key. I will test this further later.
    "Never in physical action had I discovered the chilling satisfaction of words. Never in words had I experienced the hot darkness of action. Somewhere there must be a higher principle which reconciles art and action. That principle, it occurred to me, was death." -Yukio Mishima

Froggy:

1. Use your ' . ' and ' , ' keys to turn units clock/anti-clock wise.

2. Try disabling the flanax special ability and they are easier to move. Also try to group then and using the ctrl + L function.

Generally just search the controls, and many questions shall be answered
    Common Unreflected Drinking Only Smartens

The battles in the demo sound confusingly hard to play. =o

Quote Originally Posted by Sjakihata
    Froggy:

1. Use your ' . ' and ' , ' keys to turn units clock/anti-clock wise.

2. Try disabling the flanax special ability and they are easier to move. Also try to group then and using the ctrl + L function.

Generally just search the controls, and many questions shall be answered
    Some of the controls listed in those screens don't work. Sometimes when I exit and reload the demo the keys will work, sometimes they appear perminantly broken. When I first loaded the demo half the camera keys wouldn't function, now they do...mostly. '.' and ',' work this time (tried them before but they did absolutely nothing) but they are very slow. Control+L still does nothing regardless of how I try to use it. A strange problem and one I haven't seen anyone else mention.

Using 'group formation: single line' appears to work in the same way as multiple units+drag to deploy worked in STW and MTW.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.