Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Citadel: Total War- The Rennaissance

Vermonter and Seperatist Member Uesugi Kenshin's Avatar

Default Re: Citadel: Total War- The Rennaissance

Godspetmonkey that looks great!
    Sounds like the demo is coming along, Saranalos have you been able to get the battles working?
    "A man's dying is more his survivor's affair than his own."
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

a room with a hole in the side for air and food and a computer on the other side.

I think I may have just fugured it out and I will try to edit it today.
    HELP CITADEL TOTAL WAR USE THE LINK BELOW

CITADEL TOTAL WAR: A modification for Rome Total War

Altogether quite not there! Member GodsPetMonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saranalos
    I think I may have just fugured it out and I will try to edit it today.
    If you need any help there.... just tell me

But I find the messages generated when you save are pretty useful for working out what you need to do.
    Caligula and Hadrian - Unit and Building editors for Rome: Total War.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

No I'm afraid it is impossible to have water in a siege map.

And yeah it's not perfect but its good enough for a demo although we do want it to look good.
    When I assaulted Memphis, there was a long strip of water going quite near the walls on one side.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

a room with a hole in the side for air and food and a computer on the other side.

When I assaulted Memphis, there was a long strip of water going quite near the walls on one side.
    Really? I heard that it was impossible to have water in a siege map. I will check it out the easy way, making a custom battle in memphis...

If you need any help there.... just tell me

But I find the messages generated when you save are pretty useful for working out what you need to do.
    I figured it out, I had a map from an extra historical battle pack still there and for some reason it wouldnt let my other maps load... Unfortunately I deleted one of my own maps too, so I had to start anew, but it worked and I even made the battle happen on malta...

And since it is possible to edit buildings now, I dont think we should release a demo until we get the walls reskinned they would remind me too much of RTW and it wouldnt look too good. It seems impossible to change the height of them at the moment though.

Too bad we can't change the wall height, but they would not be very tall for a fort. We can't change the wall height in sieges either can we? Can we make 2-3 layers?
    C.S. Lewis

"So many people tiptoe through life, so carefully, to arrive, safely, at death."
    Jermaine Evans

You mean having 2 or 3 rings of wall? That would be great! Although would need to give the cannon more ammo.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

I dont know I havent really tested the editor yet because I only got the maps working today...

Altogether quite not there! Member GodsPetMonkey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ignoramus
    You mean having 2 or 3 rings of wall? That would be great! Although would need to give the cannon more ammo.
    More then one independant ring of wall seems unlikely, it always crashes, and with an error message (about the wall not being connected properly).
    Caligula and Hadrian - Unit and Building editors for Rome: Total War.
    Now editing -
    export_descr_unit.txt, export_descr_unit_enums.txt, export_units.txt, descr_model_battle.txt
    export_descr_buildings.txt, export_descr_buildings_enums.txt, export_buildings.txt

Nec Pluribus Impar Member SwordsMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You should be able to change the height of walls. I mean, if "epic" walls are 3 times bigger than the "stone" ones, then I cant see how is that impossible.
    Managing perceptions goes hand in hand with managing expectations - Masamune

Pie is merely the power of the state intruding into the private lives of the working class. - Beirut

Wandering Historian Member eadingas's Avatar
    Llanfairpwll- gwyngyll- gogerych- wyrndrobwll- llantysilio- gogogoch

Walls can only form one closed polygon with four gates facing in four directions.
    You can try having multiple lines of embankments though, by editing city underlay in 3D, or you can also try adding a structure that looks like a wall, but it won't behave like wall (it can't be manned, scaled, although it could be destroyed by siege engine fire... ) - this however will require finding a way to add new buildings to the game, we still don't have that.
    I'm still not here

CA really should have included the ability to make ring walls easily. Oh well. Hopefully we will find some way around it, or just make a wall that cannot be manned or scaled.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

Here is that research Saranalos, I just remeembered that I could paste it into a post. It is just rough research, none of the troop numbers are small enough for the game, they are only there for the ratio.

Constantinople

1. If possible make Turkish raised palisade surround Constantinople.
    2. A mediocre Greek force (5000) 2000 Venetians and Genoese
    3. Some how display wharves if possible
    4. Turks numbered 80000, many more than all troops in Constantinople
    5. Byzantines sallied forth 1 time.
    6. make unique cannon if possible/not too time consuming
    7. The defenders were small in numbers but all very well equipped
    8. Still the Janissary=s were better
    9. Walls were three deep 12 meters high, with tall towers

http://www8.informatik.uni erlangen.de/html/wwp/engl/entr/battles.html

Angora 1402
    1 Large Turkish and Mongol armies, Light cavalry heavy cavalry and Jannissaries
    2 One unit of Tatar horsemen switch sides on Turkish left flank
    3 Jannissaries in center line
    4 Turks have Onagers, Mongols have elephants and naptha throwers

Shrewsbury 1403
    2 English armies, 1 royal with king, 1 rebel with Percy rebel Harry Hotspur
    Many longbowmen
    River crossing
    Royals were better at melee

Agincourt
    French in 2 lines bombards and crossbowmen in between too many at front, many havily armoured foot soldiers, knights on flank and rear
    men at arms flanked by wedges of archers protected by stakes,
    Sea of mud...
    French attacked first, english camp unprotected, 2 part battle?
    French knights attacked camp
    Field that narrows at the english end

Furnovo
    40 scouts were killed first by Greek light infantry
    Valley battle
    French sent forth Horse archers, axe and other heavy german infantry, heavy horsemen, foot archer, fine siege angines and light infantry, few if any mercs
    First line was all horse archers and the german infantry
    2nd line horsemen and infantry
    siege engines in front
    Venetians protected by palisade on hill,
    http://www.deremilitari.org/resource...es/fornovo.htm

Tannenburg (sp?) 1410
    Huge field, forest edging at least the Polish side
    Poles v HRE
    Lithuanians fought first, 1 unit v 1 unit, fled afterwards
    Tuetonic knights were with HRE in large numbers
    Many knights were involved in the battle
    many mounted and foot knights
    HRE had cannon

Vienna
    Tatars and Turks v Poles germans and Austrians
    Turks had more men, worse general
    Turks had too little heavy artillery
    Polish Hussars rammed home the decisive charge of the battle, all the way to the Sultan=s HQ
    Turks made some breaches but the people of Vienna made barricaedes
    Poles were outside of walls others were inside
    Malta (possibly)

Granada
    Last edited by Uesugi Kenshin; 03-26-2005 at 17:50.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

Also, for the Malta Demo.

The Assault on St. Elmo.
    Raised palisade all around if possible. then the stone walls. The fort was sort of in the shape of a pentagon, so if you make the fort like that then great! If not, well that's just too bad.

I have posted a topic about the Demo in RTW Heavengames. GodsPetMonkey, could you post any screenshots that relate to the demo?
    Also, I think we could add another battle: The Siege of Mdina.

40 scouts were killed first by Greek light infantry
    Thamks for the info Uesugi but the above under the heading Agincourt looks a bit strange....

Somehow that snuck in there, lemme see if I can figure out where it came from.

I have fixed it, thanks for pointing that out, somehow I deleted the enter key thing, you know what I mean? new paragraph.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

Ok yeah thanks. And I think you should update the team list these two mark2004dundee(3d graphics)
    Bacchon(3d graphics)

haven't done anything to help as far as I can see, so they should be taken off the team list, and since naryanese seems to have done the latest Mounted Sergants texture he/she should be added.

And by the way, Happy Easter everyone, enjoy stuffing your face with chocolate....(not that you shouldnt do this everyday...)
    Last edited by Saranalos; 03-27-2005 at 11:31.

I will, I was waiting to see if they replied to my pm and then just forgot about them...
    I will add Naryanese I did not know he did the latest ones, they look great!
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

Why don't you e-mail FEMTO? He obviously hasn't come on here in a while and it dose'nt look like he's going to.

Saranalos try to. I can't, he does not have his e-mail listed. I will pm Tosa to see if he will/can give me FEMTO's e-mail, but I would not expect anything.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

Can either Saranalos or GodsPetMonkey post the faction banners in The Citadel TW thread? And the Knights of St. John Banner in the Malta Demo thread. Thanks.

Well Ignoramus, I've posted the Knights of St. John banner in the Malta demo thread, but why not do it yourself?

It's quite easy. If you don't know then use the
    Code:
    [img] [/img]
    tags to post a pic just put the link between those tags. And to get the link just right-click on the page and click on View Source.

Then press ctrl + f and type in the search bar that comes up something that should be relevant to the pic you want to find, for example I put john when I wanted to find Knights Of St. John.

And I'm not quite sure what you wanted me to do when you said post the banners in this thread. If you mean at the beginning in SR's post then only Uesugi can do that. But If you meant anywhere or in the RTWH thread I'll post them there.

Sorry, I wasn't very specific. Thanks, I'll try that sometime.

Look what I saw when I was playing the Macedon Turks!

A song lyric like this one has the right length to just fill up the waiting time for a battle (a few slashes have to be inserted though). I've found 32 ballads by Francois Villon, but for diversity, what other 15th/16th century songwriters do you know of?

My only thought is should we make it in english? I personally have no clue what is being said in that and think it would be better to acquire a translated version.
    C.S. Lewis

Jermaine Evans

OK.

Here is a translation of Ballade des Seigneurs du temps jadis (Ballad of lords of the past):
    Who else? Where’s Calixte the Third, / the last descended of that name, / Pope for four years? And who has heard / lately of Aragon’s king Alphonse? The same / of Bourbon’s gracious Duke? What’s understood / of Brittany’s Duke Arthur? What the fate / of Charles the Seventh, known as Good? / And where is Charlemagne the Great? // And what of Scots king, James the Second, / the one half of whose face from brow / right down to chin, so it is reckoned, / was amethyst-red from birth? What now / of Cyprus’ famous king and lord? / Alas! Spain’s king whose name and date / I can’t recall - there’s the reward?! / And where is Charlemagne the Great? // Of such matters I speak no more. / The world’s abuses take us in. / No-one is proof against Death’s door / nor finds effective medicine. / However - I’ll make this the last! - / what was Bohemia’s Lancelot’s fate - / his life, just like his grandad’s passed: / And where is Charlemagne the Great? // Clacquin, brave Breton knight is - where? / Count Dauphin of the Auvergne’s in what state? / And Alencon, both brave and fair? / And where is Charlemagne the Great?

I don't think it's possible to make RTW have newlines in quotes, that's why I have it in a single line.

Here is one by duke Charles of Orléans, from 1450, untranslated:
    Agains the coming of May / That is ful of lustyness, / Let us leve al hevynesse, / As fer as we can or may. // Now is the time of mirth and play; / Winter with his idelness / Is discomfit, as I guess, / And redy to flee away. // Agains the coming of May / That is ful of lustyness, / Let us leve al hevynesse, / As fer as we can or may. // Wherfore, ladies, I you pray / That ye take in you gladness / And do all your business / To be mery night and day. // Agains the coming of May / That is ful of lustyness, / Let us leve al hevynesse, / As fer as we can or may.

Do you think songs like those would be good instead of quotes? Getting 77 could be hard though, as I know too few period authors.
    Last edited by Narayanese; 04-10-2005 at 10:09. Reason: expanded the chorus in agains the coming of may

When I think about it Shakepeare is late 16th century, he has done lots and lots of sonettes, enough to fill up the list if I need. Villon just isn't as good translated as in french, perhaps try to have mostly originally english songs.
    I can't translate anything myself, my french isn't so good. I'll still be working on flags, and probably interface.

Well, I think we should include some short quotes as well, having them all that long might get a bit boring after a while...

Well, I think we should include some short quotes as well, having them all that long might get a bit boring after a while...
    Sounds like a good idea, but don't count on me to find them, I'm pretty uninterested in ordinary quotes.
    Do you have any quotes in mind, or could you find some?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast