Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Comments and Suggestions

Default Re: Comments and Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by COOLING
    I am having some problems with loading a saved position of my RTW.
    Game crashed so I have backuped my saved position to another directory.
    After reinstalling RTW I have returned saved position file in the same directory but when I load it nothing happens . I am playing about one month and it would be a disaster if I would have to play it from the beginning . Any suggestion?
    It is probably a corruption with your saved files....

I have experienced the similar problem... But I know how to prevent it now.... make a backUp of your files. Which is pretty easy... Make a folder in your Main Folder and like this

contents in YourFolder\

Briefcase - "Auto BackUp"
    Folder - saves
    Folder - savesOld
    Folder - savesOlder
    Shortcut to Rome - Total War\saves

Every now and then. (once per day) run UPDATE in the briefcase, (make connection with the saved files first) and UPDATE the briefcase. Then copy EVERYTHING in "savesOld to savesOlder, saves to savesOld, and briefcase to saves.

I am very sorry to hear your story... I know how it feels.... I have lost a saved game of a magnificent Brutii like this.... (Two months of work)
    A revolutionary game featuring Mafia as protagonists!
    A game designed to give maximum people the roles
    A game that gives secret roles to people along the way
    A game that everybody will enjoy!

Mafia: The Merging of America Cosa Nostra
    Register your place now!

Quote Originally Posted by COOLING
    I am having some problems with loading a saved position of my RTW.
    Game crashed so I have backuped my saved position to another directory.
    After reinstalling RTW I have returned saved position file in the same directory but when I load it nothing happens . I am playing about one month and it would be a disaster if I would have to play it from the beginning . Any suggestion?
    I have also lost all my saved games after installing BI. I wrote the makers and they replied that BI contains a fix which is incompatible with the saved games in RTW (my copy was only a few months old, though). The saves can be seen in Windows explorer but not opened in the game. So far I can't understand the suggestions on how to backup the saves. So I guess it's just live for the current game only!

Angry Re: Comments and Suggestions

I don't know if this has already been answered or not. I beat the game but I don't wont to quit and it makes me. How do I continue to take over the world after the Victory screen

Hey, could someone make a Sieging/Fending off sieges guide? There are things that people could learn from it.

Homo Economicus Member AlJabberwock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MunsonIII
    I don't know if this has already been answered or not. I beat the game but I don't wont to quit and it makes me. How do I continue to take over the world after the Victory screen
    Hunh,
    Well there usually is a "continue playing" option.
    "...so I found a fork in the road and stuck it on my helmet!"
    "Hence your nickname?"
    "As The Prophet is my witness, they had been calling me 'Admiral Forkhead' for some time..."

can you make a thread comletely about the city of Halicarnussus,its the crazeyist city in the game,once you take it,pontus attacks with a full bannerd army,and if your pontus its essential to keep it...very crazy city....and it has a world wonder!!
    :

i got a problem actually, how do access my battle replays... i want to put it up on another forum to show but i cant find them, they are saved in fact. Please tell me how to access them thank you...
    "To achieve the Tao of Victory, one must know the enemy and himself" - Sun Tzu

"Exitus acta probat" (The result justifies the deed) - Ovid

i think you clik on load saved battles in the costum battle menu if i am correct
    :

To take over the whole map im sorry to tell you but you will have to beat the game again on the short campain,once it shows the victory screen there it will ask if you want to continue and conquer the WHOLE map,hope that helps,good luck
    :

OK, your problem is probably your "patch", if you go to the options tab on your main menu in the top right corner there will be a number (1.0, 1.1, 1.3, 1.5) that is your patch.

I'm not too sure but I think it is patch 1.5 or maybe you can get away with 1.3 to continue the game.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=84841

^^
    On there will be a post by Omanes giving a detailed explanation on how to patch up.

Hope this helps

Can we massacure a town or enslave the peopl of it after we own it with out having to let it revolt and then fight the new rebel army?

I think CA should improve it's RTW battle AI after patch 1.5.....

coz i am attracted by RTW 1.0 battle AI,RTW 1.5's battle AI seems stupid compare to RTW 1.0 battle AI
    since i got RTW 1.5,the AI can't give me much resistant,that make me feel bored.....that won't happen in RTW 1.0(in the battlefield of coz)
    Last edited by guineawolf; 11-02-2007 at 13:40.
    In all warfare,speed is the key!

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guineawolf
    I think CA should improve it's RTW battle AI after patch 1.5.....

coz i am attracted by RTW 1.0 battle AI,RTW 1.5's battle AI seems stupid compare to RTW 1.0 battle AI
    since i got RTW 1.5,the AI can't give me much resistant,that make me feel bored.....that won't happen in RTW 1.0(in the battlefield of coz)
    Is reinstalling 1.0 an option guineawolf?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Is reinstalling 1.0 an option guineawolf?
    my 3 army trojans just being crushed,and more than 8000 death(include 1 7 star general),so i think...........

what i want is resistants.....that give me more fun..

Can we have a Guide for Rome (the RTR faction)?

i think CA should add a extra map to indus(India),coz i read from history book that Caeser did sent 40000 men to india ,but only 10000 made it back....then can add 1 more faction at least =the India kingdoms

Senior Member Senior Member Quintus.JC's Avatar

What is everyone’s favourite cavalry? I prefer Legionary Cavalry because it is very cost-efficient, compared with all the other elite cavalries.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusJulius-Cicero
    What is everyone’s favourite cavalry? I prefer Legionary Cavalry because it is very cost-efficient, compared with all the other elite cavalries.
    Hello QuintusJulius-Cicero, welcome to the org!

I invite you to ask the same in this subforum:

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Create a new thread to ask the same thing. There you will get an answer.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Smile Re: Comments and Suggestions

thanks alot Caius, that was really helpful.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

thanks alot Caius, that was really helpful.
    My pleasure is to serve.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Emperor of the Brutii Member Emperor Mithdrates's Avatar

In my opinion there should be no Non-playable factions. I really wanted to be the Numidians on RTW but was shocked to find that finally after unlocking all the factions I could, more than half the factions i liked were unplayable.
    [B][I]"Sometimes you have to serve in order to lead." - Odysseus: King of Ithaca

"We have the best archers in the world and our walls have never been taken, We can win this war!" - General Briskais of Troy

Emperor of the Brutii Member Emperor Mithdrates's Avatar

I wish that you could unlock more factions. I was upset when you couldnt unlock people like the Dacians and the Numidians!
    [B][I]"Sometimes you have to serve in order to lead." - Odysseus: King of Ithaca

"We have the best archers in the world and our walls have never been taken, We can win this war!" - General Briskais of Troy

You can :p

do you know about descr_strat?

A lot of the non-playable factions are more fun than the un-lockable ones. Macedon and Pontus are ace!

Best Laugh on the Seven Seas Member Good Ship Chuckle's Avatar
    Aboard me scurvy vessel, giving orders to swashbucklers and landlubbers alike. Yaarg!

Macedon and Pontus are ace!
    Lets not forget about awesome Numidia!!!!
    When your mama jokes aren't funny anymore, who ya gonna call?
    Eshmunazar lol

Laughin' out loud since 251 BC.

Numidia isn't one of my favourite factions. Their swift cavalry plus light infantry doesn't seem to match the fighting capablility of some other factions.

The only really solid infantery unit Numidia has is the Legionarie copie, but even that one is outmatced by most other infantery.

A lot of the non-playable factions are more fun than the un-lockable ones. Macedon and Pontus are ace!
    Has there ever been an explanation of why some factions are unplayable when playing them causes no campaign issues at all? I mean, I understand not having the Senate or the Rebels unlockable, they break the game - but Pontus? Armenia? Numidia? Sure, some of 'em aren't in great positions at the start of the game, but just label them as advanced, high difficulty factions or something.

Has CA ever explained the logic (or lack thereof) in that decision?

Some reasons could be marketing. You launch a game, offer some features. Later follow ups are not set in stone.

It's clear they had limitations of play testing (or failed to respond to findings) so, making more factions playable, would have been expensive, as they'd require to be tested.

I think, marketing reasons made for much of the game decisions.

Roman factions - obviously; split them means more opponent variety

What a coincidence, that the Major Western European markets are represented by a barb faction, even Spain has something.

The appallingly stoopid Strategic AI, weak Battlefield AI, broken Diplomacy system, and ridiculous anti-historical stuff and "funny" units with special powers ought to tell you, that technical and historical reasoning, took 2nd place to having a game which appealed to the market and broadbase of casual interest.

After all in a review, the complexity is overwhelming and the strategy appears deep. It is only with time, that you realise how weak the AI play is and get disappointed by the lack of challenge.

Call me cynical if you like, but when gamers are willing to buy buggy games, and they even get great ratings, it seems a bit moot asking why some factions were made "unplayable" rather than "unlockable".

somone i need help downloading the 1.5 rtw patch can anyone help me or give me a guide

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast