Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Roman: Scipii

Wherever my blade takes me or to school, it sorta depends

Default Re: Roman: Scipii

No i am currently solid with the corruption traits. I believe i have like two managing generals with that trait, but my majority are fine right now. I think its due to the fact that my current faction leader had the tendency to pass down his trait of Honest to his sons and brothers.

Your campaign sounds very interesting so far. What difficulty are you currently at, i would imagine vh/vh? The whole removal of the alliance with the romans is very very interesting, i wonder though? Have the other romans been attacking each other? i can fell relatively confident in a thesis that without each other the romans lose their greatest advantage. Wow, your campaign sounds like it is really shaping up. I think it was a very good move when you built up your navy as well as your army. Especially since you're located on an island. Have you managed to grab any other settlements besides sicily? Do you have any designs upon the reconquering of Italy. Sounds like a very well put together beginning and has already surprised you Please keep me updated i am intrigued

Shrouded in Mystery Member Barry's Avatar

I have only managed to play out a few turns since my last post. Carthage however is mine after three shoddy armies attacked me to force the garrison to sally. I say armies but it was just a rag tag of poor units. My infantry did not even waggle their swords! My equites are now very experienced and so is my General Gaius. With Carthage under my belt I am quite rich indeed and I am considering building up my forces to just breeze accross Africa, I dont really see the point of gaining 7k a turn (which I am now) so I may aswell upgrade my navy and Army and I will atack Numidia when I am only earning 1k a turn.
    I have made ceasefires and gained trading rights with all the Romans and re-allied with the Julii who are now at war with SPQR. It is a shame that Gaul have not sought to gain any Julian land. Macedon however are very strong and control all of Greece apart from Sparta (GCS) and Larissa (Brutii) up to the Danube. If my war with Spain goes ahead and goes well I may have to launch an attack into Macedon.

No plans for war with Rome yet, they give me too much money in trade haha.

Another update; the Brutii have absolutely demolished the Senate who had previously sent the Julii to Caralis. Mediolanium is still Gallic but the powerhouse that is Macedon has ejected the Brutii and Greeks and now control Sparta all the way up to the Danube and also Patavium!

Hit the reforms in 239BC and all my settlements are huge cities apart from Thapsus and Lilybaeum. I only control Thapsus and Carthage off sicily.

I have hit major problems! I cannot keep Carthage happy and also, more worryingly, Messana and Syracuse are intent on rebellion. If I let them revolt and retake them I will be cripppled with low populations and so impoverished from the lack of taxes. What to do?

Been there, conquered that.... Member Darkvicer98's Avatar

You could change your Capital City to one in Sicily, that would help cities further away from Italy but it could invoke unhappiness in Capua.

Cry HAVOC and let slip the dogs of War!

A brave man may fall,but he cannot yield-Latin Proverb

Arms keep peace-Latin Proverb

My capital is Messana, Capua is now in the hands of the Brutii.

Barry,

Did you exterminate the populations in carthage and thapsus? And did you try building roman temples there. Also how large is your garrison???? Are you taxing at very high, if you are it may be more prudent to lower it a little and wait for you to become more popular with the population. Finally, do you have a governor and if so does he have any traits that would make your people hate him???

Low taxes, Roman Pantheons, exterminated them when I took over, massive squalor problems, I believe it is because of farming, the trouble is I have to lower taxes to stop revolts but this gives me bigger population growth and so more squalor. I don't want to take everyone out of the cities and retake them but this may be my only option.

Hmm, have you built up your public health buildings??? that should definitely remedy the situation with squalor. Plus i believe there is a retainer (civil engineer???) and a trait (cleanliness) that helps public health. If all else fails then you can leave and terminate the savages.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

I have hit major problems! I cannot keep Carthage
    Carthage is known to have rebellions, like Corduba does. It is intentional, not sure why.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Good point Caius, this is true barry you may just have to deal with the hell that is carthage, if it really annoys you i recommend exterminating to 400

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Or you could just use add_population Carthage -4000 console command. This is the easiest way to solve your problems.

True you could do that as well a very valid point. Still i think best long term solution is to let rebel and then kill 20000 or so, (plus you get money)

Haha yes, money money money... That sorted them!

HA a sure fix solution to any problem. And i actually went ahead and disabled the superfactions so a roman civil war was available at the beginning. Thanks for the idea Barry, very entertaining to take on the spqr and two roman families with nothing but 4 generals and half a stack!!!!!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910