Thread: The Greek Cities

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: The Greek Cities

Good to see you Ilia! Start soon! I've already started--from the ultimate in mobility to the ultimate in static warfare! What a change :-D It's going to take me some time to get used to not having any more HA to play around with. And hoplite-hoplite battles are just plain tiring. *yawn*

I've gone on Turn 1, and already Messana has a Greek army on its doorstep, while Corinth has been besieged. I'm not attacking the Scipii, because I'm waiting for them to attack. Hoplite defensive square works wonders at this point in time in the game :-D Meanwhile I'm building up every city except Sparta with basic hoplite facilities, Pergamum will launch attacks on the rebels once it gets its first standard hoplite unit...

Anyone know what to do with Rhodes' army? I'm currently envisioning its army (when built up) heading for Kydonia-Cyrene-Leptis Magna-Thapsus-Carthage, with my Rhodes navy... but I keep getting this nagging feeling it's supposed to be used for more than that.

Was even thinking of a surprise attack on Egypt, but that's just me being insane--Hoplites? against archers and archers? Heh.
    Last edited by pezhetairoi; 05-12-2005 at 00:57.

EB DEVOTEE SINCE 2004