Quote Originally Posted by Ktonos
Some feedback please? I have just played 2 campaigns and this is my first impression. Anyone with more game hours experienced smthng differend?
It feels the same way for me. I do enjoy the extras involved in diplomacy but it feels really hollow at times. Let me share a short example..

I'm playing Pontus, and I am retaliating against Greek aggression. After destroying their mighty army, I walk my best army into Phrygia with a 4 influence diplomat. Their city of Pergamum has three units in it and has had revolts recently. I send in the diplomat and ask for the lowest amount of 100 D tribute for 10 years in exchange for a ceasefire. They say no, so I ask again this time I ask only 5 turns 100d each, for a ceasefire and traderights or we attack. No dice. So I then proceeded to blockade all trade to the city, port and road. Camped there for like 10 turns causing bad devastaion. No rescue armies came, and I didn't expect any as five other nations where at war with them as well. I tryed many offer combinations, and nothing ever doned on them. So I sieged the city for 7 turns and then took it.

Pride is one thing, but I think I was giving a pretty reasonable offer. It just felt hollow, like no AI there at all, just a "no" script. What did I do wrong?