Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Want to play an MP campaign?

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Red face Re: Want to play an MP campaign?

another . . .
    Last edited by Drisos; 01-20-2005 at 14:35.
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Default Re: Want to play an MP campaign?

Any news on this?

Senior Member Senior Member ElmarkOFear's Avatar

I have not received many who are interested in playing it AI vs AI, so I was waiting until the MTW STW mod maps were all converted and then use those as part of the campaign. I am still unsure of how many are REALLY interested in playing such a campaign.

This is the formal sign-up: Please send me an email at

el-marko@insightbb.com

Please include STW CAMPAIGN in the subject title of the email. Thanks

Once I receive emails from at least 8 players, we can begin. The clans I have asked have never replied to my invitations, so I am assuming we will be hard-pressed to find 8 players to play. Most players are turned off by the AI vs AI battles and want to fight the battles themselves, which will prolong the campaign by months.
    I have seen the future of TW MP and it is XBox Live!

Lightbulb Re: Want to play an MP campaign?

why was Puzz3D talking about maps if it will be AI vs. AI??!!

elmarkofear, will you play one clan too? Why 8 clans(rebels too )

Did you get my email? I have a feeling it didn't send it.

Sasaki: I got Poali and his friends email, but none from you. Could you resend? el-marko@insightbb.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElmarkOFear
    Sasaki: I got Poali and his friends email, but none from you. Could you resend? el-marko@insightbb.com
    Resent, should work this time.

About half the campaign maps are done not counting castle maps. Krypta and I took a break from doing these for the last few weeks. We'll try to finish the rest of them. Castle maps are a problem until we solve a compatibility issue between the Japanese model pack and regular MTW/VI.

The Samurai Wars stat itself has gotten some fine tuning and plays better than ever, but we have dropped the kensai from multiplayer since it's so difficult to balance a single man unit.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Senior Member Hopefull Member MiniKiller's Avatar

I'd do it if I could take Usuegi. I'm hardly ever any other clan lol.

Puzz in ur sig, whats that mod to? I gota fix my pc then I'm installlnig stw and mtw and rtw again lol but I really feel like stw right now, what does that mod do.
    *Bows. Turns to return to darkness...bumps head...looks around, pretends noone saw. Dissapears in shadows while cursing at self*

I normally have someone play the Ronin & Rebel clans. Just in case someone attacks them or wants to hire them out. If you guys want, I could play them, as they are played in the SP campaign. So I would not attack, unless attacked, and then the rebels would continue the attack on the player until they are destroyed. Plus, anyone who is adjacent to one of the rebel groups, could hire them to make forays into their enemy's land as a distraction, so they could attack elsewhere.

So we really only need 7. The 8th person would only be playing as a non-winnable ronin or rebel faction.

As for using the other maps. I think it is best, until all the MTW maps are made, to fight the battles AI vs AI. I am not sure how to handle castle battles yet, since the AI is infamously horrible at fighting them. I may just use the province map for any battles, but allow the one being attacked to, instead of fight, place all or some of his men in the castle to hold it until he can bring reinforcements. :) Using a steady loss of units per turn, this would limit the number of turns a player could hold out given a certain castle size.

Wink Re: Want to play an MP campaign?

Minikiller, if you join( i'm on da list!) i won't mind you taking uesugi( i almost always take him too, but that's a good opportunity try out another clan)

no kensai = no problem i think if there would be any kensai, they would be there only in the latest part of the game and wouldn't play a big role.

i maybe would find it even better to play it all AI. vs. AI.( i'm not that good (yet), of course that will improve soon!

you could also play the rebels full attacking, hahaha (they would problably win ) better to play as you said!
    but, if you just play and build your army and don't attack, and your army would be huge after some time, at least if no one attacks you(that could happen, because attacking you would be a life of war with you, and you can't really destroy the rebels )

castle's are neccesary(i won't storm them much, but maybe once and that would be a problem)

we could start when 7 players available the 8th isn't neccesary and it would only slow up starting the campaign!

do we have more players already? i've got a friend that will maybe join!

in the MP campaign- how will you get to the campaign? ( a link on the site or just with EA-play?) -with battles we'll have to set times to play them(if battles won't be AI vs AI)aren't we? -should we set a topic in sword dojo for chatting about the campaign, or is there possibillity for that in the game interface?

elmarkofear, i really like you(and puzz3d + others) doing this, it must be a lot of work and Togakure Ojonin(another member as you problably knew) said it is very rare that someone organises a MP campaign, i'm lucky to join in yours!

Thnks Drisos. Puzz, CBR, Tomi and everyone all started with STW and think it was the best of all the TW series. Since we don't care too much for RTW's gameplay, we have quite a bit of spare time on our hands, so this is how we fill in the gaps. hehe

Mini if nobody objects, you can play as the Uesegi clan. Let me know if you are interested. I am setting up an ezboard forum to discuss any questions you guys may have. I will post the link here when I complete it. I am also continuing to write and tinker with the rules, move/build form and such to make it as easy as possible for me to update and give you guys all the info you need to make your next moves.

Here is who has sent me emails:

1. ***** ***** - Is this you Drisos? You didn't include your forum name in the email. hehe
    2. Paperino Paolino
    3. Oskar - friend of Paolino
    4. Sasaki Kojiro
    5. Mini-Killer - ? (Let me know)

Anybody else interested, then please send an email to el-marko@insightbb.com
    Last edited by caravel; 10-05-2010 at 22:50. Reason: Removed member's real name by request

Talking Re: Want to play an MP campaign?

I would be very pleased to play the hojo in the campaign(if they aren't reserved yet). and: will we start in sengoku jidai or one of the three other starting positions, or will you make your own campaign?

haven't seen my friend yet, will try to contact him and make him join!

i don't have an ez-board account, tried once but failed. . HELP!

EVERYONE WHO SEES THIS : JOIN THIS MP CAMPAIGN!
    Last edited by Drisos; 10-28-2010 at 13:03. Reason: forgot something. . again ... haha

Minikiller,

The STWmod is a full graphic conversion that adds a STW era to MTW/VI v2.01. It has a full SP campaign, but no original maps. The Samurai Wars is a stat designed to bring the gameplay as close as possible to original STW. The STWmaps are original STW map conversions.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drisos
    Ii tought sasaki was a moderator, he will certainely be a tough enemy!

Lol ... Drisos, just be glad you don't have to face Sasaki on the battlefield. He can be MOST annoying ... imo, he's easily the best 1v1 of the STW new gen players. Don't know how good he is as a strategist ... quite a different ballgame, that.

Wish some of the old superheros would come back to face him--I'll bet he could take most if not all of of them in a best of 7. Hmm, don't know why I'm advertising for him ... he's beaten me so much and so bad that I actually get REALLY pissed!!! Gah--Mimesaka Akechi--GAH!!!!
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

aw man, Id be well up for playing this, unfortunately Im on 56k... Ive never even played Shogun online despite owning it as soon as it was released :(

edit: IN FACT, I bet that means I SUCK against real people!
    Last edited by Wilbo; 01-23-2005 at 17:40.

Wilbo, it looks like we will be playing most of the battles AI vs AI, so if you are interested PM me with your email or send me an email and I will put you on the list. You don't even have to have the game installed to be able to play since all the movement, building etc. will be done thru email and the battles will be set up by me as AI vs AI.

We still need a few more players before we can start. So now would be a good time to enter.

Red face Re: Want to play an MP campaign?

toga, then it is indeed to our luck that battles are AI. vs. AI.

else we would be slaughtered!

if he beats you(please tell me something about yourself, what skill?)he will problably beat me too(me = still not that good, but won my first fight at expert!)

wilbo, please join us (i'm not that good too! )

looking foreward to tha campaign!

To answer and earlier question: The period will be segoku and each faction will start out with the units and provinces the SP game has. We just need a few more players and we can begin.

If everyone likes, they can choose their factions. If we have a conflict, we will have time to work out a satisfactory solution for all.

Its ok guys, EOF said it was ok so I am indeed joining in on the campaign :D

I don't mind which faction I play as: You cant choose the family (clan) you're born into ;)

Talking Re: Want to play an MP campaign?

to remember you of my old question: can i play the hojo?(doesn't really matter but would be nice)

as wilbo will be joining we have 7 players!

bye

Wilbo must send me an email so I will have a way of contacting everyone. I have received emails from the following players:

Paperino Paolino
    Drisos
    Sasaki Kojiro
    UglynHasty
    Wilbo
    Oskar - (I forgot about Paolino's friend who sent me an email awhile back, I will ask him and Paolino if they are still interested.)
    Nigel

Looks like we are almost ready to begin. Does anyone want to play as the Rebels &/or Ronins?
    Last edited by ElmarkOFear; 01-24-2005 at 23:20.

of course i am interested !

hmmm... Any idea on how to fill those extra slots quickly?

Travelling Knight Content Manager Nigel's Avatar

ahhh, Elmo, why not.
    Put my name down.

I have been following this thread for a long time, but never responded as I currently don't have all that much time on my hands.

But on the other hand, I have always wanted to play a multiplayer campaign. And if this will be AI v AI for the battles, that may just work out for me (especially since the RTW patch is nowhere in sight).

There may come a time, when, after so many months I have to bow out. But old daimyos have been know to die of natural causes sometimes and I promise I wont wreck the game but try to appoint a successor.

If that is ok with everyone, I will be honoured to join my sword into the strife for the Shogunate.

If you can, if each of you would supply an alternative, if and when, you must be away for awhile, it will help move things along.

I will put your name on the list Nigel. :)

Does anyone want to play as the Rebels & Ronins? They cannot win the campaign, but they can stir things up if attacked.

Lightbulb Re: Want to play an MP campaign?

i'm not that intrested in the rebels, haha

but, ehh, will we continue on looking for players until we have teams of two? or did you have something else in mind?
    if we play teams of two i could already choose someone and talk about our strategy!

Nigel, i agree with you that MP campaigns are way cool, and since joining the org i was always thinking of online play(especially campaigns).

good luck in all your attemts to become shogun in da campaign!(meant to everyone joining!)

Hi people. I'm new here. Is is too late to join for a campaign? I heard that EA shut down MP and that someone made another MP.
    "Winner of the 1st "Shamble's Total War Tournament,
    with 0 losses to his name.
    Hunkin Elvis
    "

-Shambles

Thumbs up Re: Want to play an MP campaign?

EA shut down the MP campaigns but not the single battles, i thought.

you can join in elmarkofear's campaign, he said we (i'm joining the campaign too) are going to make teams for each clan, so there are enough places, i hope you join us too!

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME another shogun player in the org!

i joined three months ago, so i'm still a little new here have become full member though. If you want to become full member too, post in the entrance hall and introduce yourself to Kukri Khan.

Adrian II, another member, will problably help you getting used to the forum, in case you really don't get something(i had that too sometimes)you can always ask one of the mods. for instance: tosainu

for joining the campaign you'll have to send elmark an e-mail, you'll find his adress somewhere in this thread!

oh, please tell me something about your experience in the totalwar game(s).

bye, drisos

I'm glad to be talking to a fellow Shogun player. I can beat the AI unless I'm too outnumbered. I'll look for the elmarkofear's campaign in this thread.
    "Winner of the 1st "Shamble's Total War Tournament,
    with 0 losses to his name.
    Hunkin Elvis
    "

-Shambles

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast