Thread: "Transgression!" message

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

Default "Transgression!" message

Quote Originally Posted by Thoros of Myr
    One thing I have noticed about this and a Q for anyone who knows...When you constantly sell map info to a faction turn after turn why does a message pop up sometimes saying "Transgression!" while a person being whipped/beaten SFX plays and the faction issues you a warning?

What's the trangression? It doesnt explain it in game. After all they were dumb enough to buy the map right?
    This came up in Kraellin's negotiated campaign thread. If anyone has an answer, it'd be great to know what's going on here.
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller

Bureaucratically Efficient Senior Member TinCow's Avatar

Default Re: "Transgression!" message

Quote Originally Posted by Tamur
    This came up in Kraellin's negotiated campaign thread. If anyone has an answer, it'd be great to know what's going on here.
    A transgression is moving an army onto another faction's territory without the right of military access. You've essentially violated their borders. When playing as the Romans, if the faction is friendly with the Senate, you will be issued a warning from the Senate that imposes a harsh penalty on you if you do not withdraw within 2 years.

In that case, the cause must be 1) an army on foreign soil or 2) a bug.

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

I got it when I walked over Gaul territory when I was neutral to them. Isn't it about trespassing? That is what I thought.

Research Shinobi Senior Member Tamur's Avatar

I've gotten this when in a tough negotiating session... I ask for military access, they refuse, I ask again with higher purse, they refuse, etc. It seems random, but if I ask more than four or five times, I get a "Transgression!" message.
    "Die Wahrheit ruht in Gott / Uns bleibt das Forschen." Johann von Müller

Just an Oldfart Member Basileus's Avatar

Ive gotten this a few times aswell with out even having troops in their territory besides teh diplomat.

Senior Member Senior Member Dorkus's Avatar

i've had it multiple times with the other roman factions PRIOr to the civil war.

Seems to arise a lot when I do my usual money making trick: offer some hostile faction a ceasefire for $x k dollars, then offer an alliance for $x k dollars, then attack them anyways.

The other romans seem not to like this.

I get transgression notices when I return to negotiate with the same faction twice in the same turn. For example, I offer an alliance and trade rights for x dinar and either get my price (should have gone higher!) or haggle until the agreement is reached. But if I close the scroll and then reopen it to sell map info I usually get a bad boy notice even if I took their first offer.

I don't get any if I do all my business in one roll of the scroll, regardless of the amount of back and forth it took to reach a bargain.
    He moves, you move first.

Takeda Kygona-san Member Medieval Assassin's Avatar

Its when you step on thier iNsAnE SkILlZ without the right to go on thier land, I dont think they always do it, only if they have a firm belief you will attack them.
    I pledge allegiance to the underworld One nation under dog,There of which I stand alone,A face in the crowdUnsung, against the mold
    Without a doubt
    Singled out
    The only way I know

Stepped out of the line,Like a sheep runs from the herd
    Marching out of time,To my own beat now
    The only way I know

One light, one mind,Flashing in the dark
    Blinded by the silence of a thousand broken hearts

"For crying out loud" she screamed unto me
    A free for all,Screw 'em all
    You are your own sight

I want to be the minority,I don't need your authority
    Down with the moral majority,I want to be the minority

Playing the Julii campaign, I sent my diplomat to ask the Brutii how much they would give me for attacking the Gauls. I figured they'd be happy to help me out. I did this three separate times (they gave me a few hundred dinarii each time) but after the third time I got this transgression message and was told that the Brutii were not pleased.

I assumed (and still assume) that it was their way of telling me I was pissing them off by pestering them for money.