Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition List

Senior Member Senior Member FearZeus's Avatar

Default Petition List

Can everyone who is in support of the community list put your names down here please. Thank you for your supprt. For those who don't know what this is about please read fearzeus's list for fixes...

Default Re: Petition List

Glad to be the first to John hancock this puppy!

I celticfalcon(NakedIndian) think this game is awful. I have been a member of the TW community an been a loyal buyer for this game for about 3 years. I would always tell my friends an people online about this game....you can still rest assured that I will still tell them about the games you come out with except they may go somthing along the lines of 'If you are a fan of completly wasting your money TW has found a game for you!' or 'Dont buy this game pac-man is much better!'
    Ive had the game for a week and cant enter any game becasue 'failed to connect to host' problems as MANY have(Beleave me....many;or do you not beleave me an want me to start a petition for that as well ?)
    currently.

CelticFalcon

I support this petition.

This list can only improve your game.
    KenchiNem

I've read your petition as posted on the 'Multiplayer is dead' topic, and while I would love to participate in an effort submit a 'petition' of sorts to CA, I cannot agree with neither the content nor the presentation of the list I saw.

A list should be presented by the members of this site.

This list should be as concise as possible (in other words it should not be a laundry list).

This list should not have errors (in other words don't complain that you can't do x, when really you just haven't read the manual).

The list should *not* contain any personal preferences on gameplay (default camera zoom level ??? )

I love the idea, I want to see some changes made to the multiplayer, but I cannot support a list that in my mind will only muddy the message.

Sorry Zeus, just being honest with you.

If I have read the wrong list then please link an updated one on this thread.
    Last edited by d6veteran; 10-06-2004 at 23:59.
    Jacta alea est!

Quote Originally Posted by d6veteran
    I've read your petition as posted on the 'Multiplayer is dead' topic, and while I would love to participate in an effort submit a 'petition' of sorts to CA, I cannot agree with neither the content nor the presentation of the list I saw.

A list should be presented by the members of this site.

This list should be as concise as possible (in other words it should not be a laundry list).

This list should not have errors (in other words don't complain that you can't do x, when really you just haven't read the manual).

The list should *not* contain any personal preferences on gameplay (default camera zoom level ??? )

I love the idea, I want to see some changes made to the multiplayer, but I cannot support a list that in my mind will only muddy the message.

Sorry Zeus, just being honest with you.

If I have read the wrong list then please link an updated one on this thread.
    bacchus you have got the wrong idea, this petition list is those that are gonna be in favour of the new revised loist containg most of what is on that list already but in the order and condition you have already stated, hope this changes your mind ;)

Quote Originally Posted by FearZeus
    bacchus you have got the wrong idea, this petition list is those that are gonna be in favour of the new revised loist containg most of what is on that list already but in the order and condition you have already stated, hope this changes your mind ;)
    Well I won't sign anything until I read it ;)
    Jacta alea est!

ok guys all we want here is a list of all the people that support this patch, thx guys...

Seii Taishōgun 征夷大将軍 Member PROMETHEUS's Avatar

I support the list , and please add the fatigue thing .... it is not real that a unit can still keep running if exhausted.....

Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.

VIS ET HONOR

I totally agree on the list and want them to be patched.

Senior Member Senior Member Kas's Avatar

Kas (signed petition)
    On Steam: Kas

JoJoSan, can you forgive me?

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

I Wolf_Grizzly sign the petition
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

I, Alrowan, leader of clan raven sign this list!
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

robotica erotica Member Colovion's Avatar

You know what is wrong here?

Lack of organisation.

Strange - for this is Total War. ORG

How about starting what seemed like a formal thread with something formal like the list? I'm not signing on to this until I see what I"m signing, and how hard is it to copy/paste from the other thread to the top of this? Listen to the Panda, do as he says and this might actually have some worth - as it is it still sounds like a bunch of people ranting until it gets more formal and organized.

Don't get me wrong - I'll probably sign this once it looks a little more formal and looks as if it may actually get off the ground (and out of this forum).
    robotica erotica

ok guys here is the most up to date list, now this is all our opinions but all work on presentation is due to bacchus's time and effort so please thank him when you see him, bacchus i hope you don't mind me using this list as it's for the RTW MP community.

Although there are a TON of things that need fixing, we should concentrate on asking for fixes on the following:
    #1 Stuff we can't mod
    #2 Critical game destroying bugs (control)
    #3 Critical community destroying stuff (no logs/replays/no 4v4s)
    #4 Stuff that isn't just a preference

I don't think it is productive to send them a list of 50 things that need fixing because we KNOW they won't fix 50 things. Now, you might say "if we ask for 50 maybe they will give us 25 and if we ask for 25 they would only give us 10", but I don't think that logic holds.

I think they will give us what they will give us, and so we better damn well ask for the critical stuff and not whine too much about the things we can fix ourselves.

Sooooo.... with that in mind here is my prioritized list (again):

Critical (things we cant live without):
    1. Syncronicity -- Ensure game state is not diverging during the game [FIXED?]
    2. Crash to Desktop when logging on (still happening, gamespy lobby problem) [FIXED?]
    3. Replays-- ensure they are syncronized with game (currently they are NOT--we can't run tourneys without replays), and that they display all the unit information (type, fatigue, etc.)
    4. Logfiles-- where are they? Do they show what units were taken? We need these for tourneys
    5. 3v3 only? We need 4v4's for our tournaments and clan competitions.
    6. Unit/Army control is flawed--No way to move army and retain facing (in MTW this was alt-left click), no way to have groups within groups (as in MTW). Formation/orientation is destroyed when dragging a line of units: Say you have AAAABBBB units in a group. When you set them like this AABBBBAA and draw a line the result is AAAABBBB again. Units turn back to their original state and your setting/formation is ignored.
    7. Grouped units often refuse to take orders (most commonly the run order). Some report un-grouped units are responding to orders directed at a group.

8. When in testudo, if a single unit walks into the formation, you lose control of that unit of the legionaries in testudo formation for the rest of the game.

9. Either explain or fix “Not compatible” errors” failure to connect to host” errors

Important–(things that make the game highly frustrating)

1. allow Withdrawal/Rout in MP ("W"ithdraw doesn't work in MP!)
    2. game info available from lobby
    3. allow faction to be selected by more than one player
    4. proprietary player names (so some jerk can’t steal your name and ruin your reputation) [linked to CD Key like MTW]).
    5. allow “quick chat” (t/y) like in MTW, chat should not fade/scroll so quickly
    6. Fatigue bars on units/exhausted units should not be able to run (but they can)
    7. allow for custom denari amounts
    8. #ignore/#ban commands for gamespy lobby
    fade-out names for “in game” players in gamespy lobby
    9. allow selection of faction color
    10. show who is deployed and who isn’t deployed on the battle map.
    11. Bring back F1 to view unit stats and players/factions/teams list (and grey out names of dropped/routed players like in MTW)
    12. Unit tax for more than 4 units of same type
    13. We need 2 keys to toggle run– if you have a group in which half the units are already running, pressing “R” makes them walk. So “R” becomes useless in groups where some units are walking and others are running. We need a “Run” button and a “Walk” button please.14. Trying to order an engaged non-cav unit to fall back should result in a major morale penalty when they turn their backs. This doesn’t seem to be occuring.
    15. Map editor/historical battle editor

Preferred– (these are things that would enhance the quality of play for us)
    1.Remove “zoom to death of general” during MP games (very distracting)
    2.Once routed, “restricted camera” mode should not apply to you. Please fix.
    3. Look into reports of server lag.
    4. Look into reports of host-drop crashing all players computers.
    5. Look into reports of flawed pathfinding
    6. Brighter highlighting for selected units (some say it is difficult to tell selected units from non-selected units)

Would be nice– (add this if you have time)
    1. Being able to use general’s rally ability without having to select his unit.

We will mod ourselves:
    1. Kill rate/game speed
    2. Balance (cav/elephant) [more testing needed]
    3. also some people have asked for a shell-to-desktop function (alt-tab or windows key).

And another issue to please our Spanish friends: several Spanish players have taken exception to the characterization of hte hispanic faction as "Spanish" and they are requesting a change to "celtiberian" or "iberian" or "hispania"--

CeliberoLion says:
    "I prefer first they fixed Mp gameplay issues before this, but don´t see any problem to include the nomenclature error in the list, in the end if you want.

Imagine they name Frenchs to the Gauls, Italian to the Roman, British to Britons, Moroccan to Numidian, Persian to Parths...

Its a serious historical error. Spain dont exist until 1300 AD.
    Celtiberian is the most correct, but its a Clan name, i understand they dont want to give preference, but is preferable Iberian or hispanic than spanish."

Thats a start at least.

1. Syncronicity -- Ensure game state is not diverging during the game [FIXED?]

that is the main one need to be fixed if not already

2. Crash to Desktop when logging on (still happening, gamespy lobby problem) [FIXED?]

the same as befoure

3. Replays-- ensure they are syncronized with game (currently they are NOT--we can't run tourneys without replays), and that they display all the unit information (type, fatigue, etc.)

secondary in order of importance , not really critical since it reguards only an outside feature of the game ... the turney organization , important but not for all ... should be added as a non critical suggestion

4. Logfiles-- where are they? Do they show what units were taken? We need these for tourneys

this request should go together with the previous since it denotates the same reason for it to be....

5. 3v3 only? We need 4v4's for our tournaments and clan competitions.

that is not a main critical issue , clans and competitions can be helt at a lower number too , but even if i would like a 5 vs 5 , there could be a reason for limitating the number to 6 players ...this could be added as a suggestion but not a necessity

6. Unit/Army control is flawed--No way to move army and retain facing (in MTW this was alt-left click), no way to have groups within groups (as in MTW).

Formation/orientation is destroyed when dragging a line of units: Say you have AAAABBBB units in a group. When you set them like this AABBBBAA and draw a line the result is AAAABBBB again. Units turn back to their original state and your setting/formation is ignored.

that is a feature that can be added , still not critical but that can improve the gameplay but as well the complexity for noobs , may be added as a switchable option

7. Grouped units often refuse to take orders (most commonly the run order). Some report un-grouped units are responding to orders directed at a group.
    most probably a bug

8. When in testudo, if a single unit walks into the formation, you lose control of that unit of the legionaries in testudo formation for the rest of the game.

another bug

9. Either explain or fix “Not compatible” errors” failure to connect to host” errors
    bug

Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Fallout 3 Modder

VIS ET HONOR

Important–(things that make the game highly frustrating)

1. allow Withdrawal/Rout in MP ("W"ithdraw doesn't work in MP!)

this will prevent people to disconnect and most probably cause asyncronicity in the game or the game failure to keep ythe connection for all...

2. game info available from lobby

not really as needed

3. allow faction to be selected by more than one player
    annoyng but not indispensable

4. proprietary player names (so some jerk can’t steal your name and ruin your reputation) [linked to CD Key like MTW]).

important for the clans to have unique names....and be able to group together and recognize real members by fake ones....

5. allow “quick chat” (t/y) like in MTW, chat should not fade/scroll so quickly

yes

6. Fatigue bars on units/exhausted units should not be able to run (but they can)

i see this as a bug tought could be not is not then should be corrected or at least added as a swithcable option

7. allow for custom denari amounts interesting option but not as critical

8. #ignore/#ban commands for gamespy lobby fade-out names for “in game” players in gamespy lobby

unneeded as the others but still can be added later on after the main fixes...

9. allow selection of faction color also this is raccomanded , but not critical at the moment

10. show who is deployed and who isn’t deployed on the battle map.

minimal feature that helps the game...

11. Bring back F1 to view unit stats and players/factions/teams list (and grey out names of dropped/routed players like in MTW)

another feature that summarize the stats , important for expert players

12. Unit tax for more than 4 units of same type

not so needed the clans can place rules for that....

13. We need 2 keys to toggle run– if you have a group in which half the units are already running, pressing “R” makes them walk. So “R” becomes useless in groups where some units are walking and others are running. We need a “Run” button and a “Walk” button please.14. Trying to order an engaged non-cav unit to fall back should result in a major morale penalty when they turn their backs. This doesn’t seem to be occuring. that is something that could simplify things

15. Map editor/historical battle editor that was promised and is not in the game why?

Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

VIS ET HONOR

Preferred– (these are things that would enhance the quality of play for us)

1.Remove “zoom to death of general” during MP games (very distracting) yes it can be added in the switchable options i guess...

2.Once routed, “restricted camera” mode should not apply to you. Please fix.
    that is needed....

3. Look into reports of server lag.

???

4. Look into reports of host-drop crashing all players computers.
    ???

5. Look into reports of flawed pathfinding

???

6. Brighter highlighting for selected units (some say it is difficult to tell selected units from non-selected units)

this is already highlighting the units in the main screen , but is very needed on the board that shows the unit icons , the highlight is hardly distiguable from the background...

Would be nice– (add this if you have time)
    1. Being able to use general’s rally ability without having to select his unit.

yes but is needed....

We will mod ourselves:

that should not be added , we should petition for this not mod us out....

1. Kill rate/game speed
    2. Balance (cav/elephant) [more testing needed]
    3. also some people have asked for a shell-to-desktop function (alt-tab or windows key).

And another issue to please our Spanish friends: several Spanish players have taken exception to the characterization of hte hispanic faction as "Spanish" and they are requesting a change to "celtiberian" or "iberian" or "hispania"-- I didn't see a spanish faction and the units in game from here are called iberian .....

Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

VIS ET HONOR

I am totally on CA's side for this argument.
    If someone would make a reasonable list that follows CA's Guidelines I would be very happy to support it, and I would expect CA to fix the problems as soon as they could.
    When you have useless input from many different sources it's a form of hyperpluralism... and it SLOWS things down, so your unreasonable request just make the process longer.

No offense to the people who made that list

I'm also in agreement with d6veteran.
    Last edited by Surprise; 10-07-2004 at 04:33.

I support this,

PanzerJager

It's a shame i have waited so long for RTW to come out and now its here (like everyone that has bought the game)i wondered why i bothered because of all the problems which has all ready been listed.
    i was suprised to see that only North American and Canada are the only ones that can register the game (or did i read that wrong) may i go as far as to say who desinged RTW must of been a noob come on guys there a lot of gamers that loved STW/MTW and VI so why all the changes,pls get it sorted guys,also i am getting ask in the mtw looby what is rome like what can i say to em

OK,

I count too, so there is another vote

i and all my clan (15 members active from march 2000) sign up the petition.
    We want a good and bugfixed multiplayer foyer and game.

LunaRossaRikimaru moderator of totalwaritalia

I'm LRossaCily, and you have all my support!

I Wolf_Paolai, support the petition.

Phoinix_Daevorn, memebr of a two years mtw clan, totally support this petition
    Masada Shall Not Fall Again

This comment is witty! Senior Member LittleGrizzly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LRossaRikimaru
    i and all my clan (15 members active from march 2000) sign up the petition.
    We want a good and bugfixed multiplayer foyer and game.

LunaRossaRikimaru moderator of totalwaritalia
    riki your word is good enough for me but i think we need signatures in person sorry
    Last edited by LittleGrizzly; 10-07-2004 at 09:31.
    In remembrance of our great Admin Tosa Inu, A tireless worker with the patience of a saint. As long as I live I will not forget you. Thank you for everything!

eh eh i agree Grizzly...
    so i make a topic on our forum to sign up this petition ...

I have to let the ORG admin know that most of the new users cant post here...
    I think that is in their right to sign this petition in order to have a better game.
    Can someone help in this matter? I think it can be very important...

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Junior patrons are allowed to post in MP forums so all should be able to post.

CBR

I support any and all improvements to the MP part of RTW.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast