Thread: "Average" Victories and Defeats not so average

Default "Average" Victories and Defeats not so average

I hardly ever get any average victories or defeats, and those I have gotten have been in naval battlews or when I get chased off but there are AI reinforcements who win the battle for me. Do any of you get average victories/defeats, and how often?

Default Re: "Average" Victories and Defeats not so average

Yeah. The AI starts with a few units at the point farthest from me. I rush in with my horse archers as they withdraw. I only manage to kill a few before they managed to completely withdraw. That's an average victory, says the game.

I get average victory when the enemy marches off the map with out meeting my forces.

GoreBag: Oh, Prole, you're a nerd's wet dream.

Quote Originally Posted by discovery1
    I get average victory when the enemy marches off the map with out meeting my forces.
    Ack, they took the one "feature" that was the only major problem in MTW (enemies withdrawing immediately after deploying) and kept it.
    "Sit now there, and look out upon the lands where evil and despair shall come to those whom thou lovest. Thou hast dared to mock me, and to question the power of Melkor, master of the fates of Arda. Therefore with my eyes thou shalt see, and with my ears thou shalt hear; and never shall thou move from this place until all is fulfilled unto its bitter end". -Tolkien

robotica erotica Member Colovion's Avatar

Yeah they do that for me too.

You'll load up, deploy your troops, get all setup - then they back away slowly so you don't do anything because you assume they're just withdrawing. Then they go to the highest part of the map - on some cliff (not the top, they sit right on the face of it) - and then once you get your troops near and fiddle with forming them on this crazy cliff like thing they run away.....
    robotica erotica

Quote Originally Posted by DisruptorX
    Ack, they took the one "feature" that was the only major problem in MTW (enemies withdrawing immediately after deploying) and kept it.
    The only time I've seen it happen is when I have forces superior to what they are fielding.

GoreBag: Oh, Prole, you're a nerd's wet dream.

Like discovery1, when enemies walk off the field of battle without fighting, or fighting only a little, it is often an average victory.

I wanna be a real boy! Member chunkynut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DisruptorX
    Annoying but true to history and common sense. If a large force attacks you with clear superiority you withdraw.

Unfortunately with the ability to only withdraw once when attacked the second time your army attacks the same opposing army there is a battle - so they withdraw on the field when they can't withdraw on the campaign map.

Boring but if can you run in a couple of units of cav you can halt a lot of units from fleeing.