Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Blue Lotus: Total War

Assistant Mod Mod Member GiantMonkeyMan's Avatar
    plymouth - scrubbing Beirut's toilet with a cat...

Default Re: Blue Lotus: Total War

it's for 1.5 rtw...

Senior Member Senior Member hoggy's Avatar

A quick update: We've just done a patch to fix some bugs thrown up by the testers. Hopefully we should have an Open Beta release in the next couple of weeks if everything goes to plan. Cheers for your patience

Can we expect the open beta to have quite a few flaws in it that will be eventually ironed out, or will it be quite the clean version?

Uh and how is the morale looking like as one of the testers said it seemed quite low?
    Do not think...feeeeeeeeeel, it is like a finger pointing up at the moon...DO NOT stare at the finger, or you will miss alllllll the heavenly beauty!
    Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by hoggy
    A quick update: We've just done a patch to fix some bugs thrown up by the testers. Hopefully we should have an Open Beta release in the next couple of weeks if everything goes to plan. Cheers for your patience
    Nice one, I'm looking forward to it

Awomse hoggy! thanks for he update...

Quote Originally Posted by Morray
    Can we expect the open beta to have quite a few flaws in it that will be eventually ironed out, or will it be quite the clean version?

Uh and how is the morale looking like as one of the testers said it seemed quite low?
    The patch update includes unit balancing overhaul so we just need to test that. After that the release will probably have some CTDs which will mean saving before each turn. They are currently randomly generated by the AI during their turn so it's probably linked to names or another file. Hopefully they will be fixed but the release may still have some bugs. Not enough hopefully to affect the overall game.

Hellpuppy unleashed Member Subedei's Avatar

I am so looking forward to this mod....GREAT NEWS!!!! Can`t wait to fight those demons!!!!!
    “Some may never live, but the crazy never die” (Hunter S. Thompson)

Quote Originally Posted by hoggy
    Hopefully they will be fixed but the release may still have some bugs. Not enough hopefully to affect the overall game.
    I am sure everyone is more than willing to accept having to save every turn as a consiquence of this game. Doubt there will be any complaints in that department!

Just out of interest do you guys mind this probe into your experience of the game or would you all rather we shut up and wait
    Do not think...feeeeeeeeeel, it is like a finger pointing up at the moon...DO NOT stare at the finger, or you will miss alllllll the heavenly beauty!
    Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon

good question. sometimes i feel bad for probing so hard but what can they expect!? this is the most promising/exciting/inovative mod to come for RTW EVER!

Hoggy, are you able to make this available from Fileshack when you make it available? That's the only way I could be able to download it I think. I can't download it from File Planet anyway. thx.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

You won't mind, you won't mind. Really, you won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gertgregoor
    You won't mind, you won't mind. Really, you won't.
    Oh, look, a beta-tester teasing us! Capture him and discover his secrets!

Hi Hoggy,

Excellent mod, best so far! Are the factions finalised, or are you thinking of adding any more for the final version? If you do add more factions, might I suggest an Annamese-like faction to the south of Zhuanshi (I suggested this idea to you a while ago, and you said you'd consider it)? This faction could be similar to Zhuanshi, but would have elephants, and no chariots.

cheers, and keep up the awesome work!

Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar

When is it coming out>?
    Do we need BI?

......... your kidding right????

the betas already out and yes BI is required
    [GG]CountFlip
    Grenadier Guards an NTW 2 Clan

crap.... bi isnt required..... i was thinking for a second
    [GG]CountFlip
    Grenadier Guards an NTW 2 Clan

Naked Game Fanatic Member Murfios's Avatar

Ah! Great, no BI required!? great
    Thaxs for your time flip nation

It's for RTW with the 1.5 patch. It may work on BI but it isn't tested on it.

Question Re: Blue Lotus: Total War

Well, after playig that Mod for several days, I must conclud: awesome shit!

Don't wanna know how much sparetime you invested in that mod..., really awesome.
    But I interested in one thing: Is there a possibility to create different language packs?

Yes, that's possible but that would take a lot of time, really a lot. And as we already don't have much manpower we're not going to put much in stuff like that.

Question Re: Blue Lotus: Total War

Well, I am a player since now only, but what is necessary to change the text files? Is there a kind of guideline to change those data?

To translate everything? Or what do you mean? About all the txt files in data/text I guess and you might also want to change the faction descr. Perhaps even some more files I can't come up with atm. If you want the full list PM me And I'll have a quick look. Tough I think that should be about all.

Current Blue Lotus TW Leader Member Rinsui's Avatar

Wait, haha!
    My newest patch already contains new faction descriptions and a lot of other txt changes in addition to the new walls and buildings. Patience, patience.
    ^.^/
    Rinsui

Is there going to be a bug-free final version released sometime? This mod is 1 of 3 reasons why someone should own RTW (the other 2 are EB and NTW2)

Yes, there'll be a new version out this fall. I and son Goku are working and finishing up on it. Progress at the moment is a bit slow as I'm currently at university with not all my files transfered to my new laptop, while Son Goku has problems with his computer. However it shouldn't take to long anymore anyway. ~

...having problems with his computer... is an euphemism, haha. My graphics accelerator simply decided to melt away. So: no BLTW for me until I find the time to have this fixed (which will take some weeks).
    Btw, Moros, did the last walls-and-buildings-patch I sent you work? The building requirements for the new walls are not in the EDB yet (I think), but you can take a look at them in custom battles. At least, that was the last think I was able to do before meltdown-day ^^/
    Rinsui

Transfering files as we speak...

Just wanted you to know, there are some who appreciate your work, BL is too good to just let it die, so keep it up !

1. Fear
    2. Not
    I am personally much too involved to not finish this diamond of a mod. But I`ll be open: Start thinking about it as a christmas present if I have to finish it on my own. The thing is: Notebook`s graphic chip molten -> estimated time of repair about 1 1/2 month... Ah. Did I mention that was the only powerful PC I have ^^/?
    Rinsui

Well for the moment there isn't that much work to be done. Only problem is that due to problems with transfering my files form my other pc to my laptop, I can only work at weekends, when I have little time.

However no need for worries at all.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast